First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
You can't adjust the brightness with the headlights in the "off" position. Turn them on (auto should work too I think) and try again. Also I can't recall if that was one of the settings tied to the vehicle in motion or not, so keep that in mind too.
That didn’t work. I messed around with Forscan last weekend for the first time is it possible there’s something in there that could of done it?
Sponsored

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
That didn’t work. I messed around with Forscan last weekend for the first time is it possible there’s something in there that could of done it?
I guess I learned something today. Went back to mine and with the headlight switch in OFF, the setting does indeed get grayed out. Mine is always in AUTO and I never thought about it.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine auto updated the build from 21020 to 21194. Anyone know what's different?

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
The only thing I know of in 21194 was it fixed an issue introduced with 21020 where TravelLink wasn't showing traffic conditions on the nav map.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I know of in 21194 was it fixed an issue introduced with 21020 where TravelLink wasn't showing traffic conditions on the nav map.
Previously TravelLink (weather radar) would only work less than 1/2 the time so that sounds good to me.

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
If it were mine, I would pull the fuse that controls sync, or disconnect the battery for a short time to get the hardware to reset.

You can also try doing a master reset which sometimes cures issues, but then you’ll have to redo any customized options/settings, etc.

If you disconnect the battery, then check the owners manual for things to be aware of when you change the battery (such as having to reset the auto up/down driver’s window).
I’m going to try master rest see what happens
Did the master reset and still not working

Last edited:

Fx4ranger2019Larait

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Larait
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Having the same issue right now, I’m going to try repairing my phone. Thanks for the update!
I’m not sure if the reset was what fixed it I think the headlights have to be on in order to adjust brightness.(if you look In the pic I was in the car wash and I think headlights were on in auto position. Also I found out this morning that if you adjust your gauge brightness it will lower the brightness of sync screen as well. Hope this helps

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I’m not sure if the reset was what fixed it I think the headlights have to be on in order to adjust brightness.(if you look In the pic I was in the car wash and I think headlights were on in auto position. Also I found out this morning that if you adjust your gauge brightness it will lower the brightness of sync screen as well. Hope this helps
Seems like it was designed that way. It goes based off of the light sensors. Unable to adjust it when there’s light out regardless of the light switch position, but works fine when it’s dark out. Embarrassed to admit it took me this long to figure it out lol
Sponsored