First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
I’m pretty shocked how much damage comes from the factory/ shipping.
Received my lariat tremor and I have a list of problems already. Hope this doesn’t cause further issues down the road after it’s fixed but apparently this is a normal amount of damage coming in from factory lately. Considering the price of things, I assumed it would have been taken care of alittle better lol

-front bumper warped on passenger side and had a scuff.
-front drivers fender has a dent outwards.
-front drivers door has what looks like paint blemish on body line.
-tailgate paint blemish that looks pitted.
-passenger rear fender under taillight has paint over spray.
-passenger tremor seat on leather has a small prick/cut in fabric.
-tailgate handle not flush (I’m being picky but it bothers me on top of not being white to match rest of handles lol)

maybe I’m just being extremely picky With everything but still makes me wonder how many owners don’t even look or do a walk around of their vehicles lol

72C2457A-D8EE-4773-91B8-94FE0AA32F89.jpeg
FD75A3F2-B82C-4299-8C4A-D0D4EAC7D5FA.jpeg
97810BC3-284A-40A1-BC12-2CB67C721A81.jpeg
7FFC11F9-BDA5-4702-BD63-EF7DEA911740.jpeg
41A4757A-2932-468F-A663-32729908491E.jpeg
389887EF-F2F6-47CA-A43C-9D3B2ED0C6E8.jpeg

F641D8F3-588C-4E5B-94CE-799CB9947FB2.jpeg

D1EA4E01-4BE3-4536-9360-6B4AC22EC4CF.jpeg
Wow, no quality control. They need quality control for the quality control dept. Hey, do you guys think this could be related to the pot legalization? High workers?
Sponsored

Dogdays

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Occupation
retired
I’m pretty shocked how much damage comes from the factory/ shipping.
Received my lariat tremor and I have a list of problems already. Hope this doesn’t cause further issues down the road after it’s fixed but apparently this is a normal amount of damage coming in from factory lately. Considering the price of things, I assumed it would have been taken care of alittle better lol

-front bumper warped on passenger side and had a scuff.
-front drivers fender has a dent outwards.
-front drivers door has what looks like paint blemish on body line.
-tailgate paint blemish that looks pitted.
-passenger rear fender under taillight has paint over spray.
-passenger tremor seat on leather has a small prick/cut in fabric.
-tailgate handle not flush (I’m being picky but it bothers me on top of not being white to match rest of handles lol)

maybe I’m just being extremely picky With everything but still makes me wonder how many owners don’t even look or do a walk around of their vehicles lol

FD75A3F2-B82C-4299-8C4A-D0D4EAC7D5FA.jpeg
97810BC3-284A-40A1-BC12-2CB67C721A81.jpeg
7FFC11F9-BDA5-4702-BD63-EF7DEA911740.jpeg
41A4757A-2932-468F-A663-32729908491E.jpeg
389887EF-F2F6-47CA-A43C-9D3B2ED0C6E8.jpeg

F641D8F3-588C-4E5B-94CE-799CB9947FB2.jpeg

D1EA4E01-4BE3-4536-9360-6B4AC22EC4CF.jpeg
Wow, no quality control over the quality control dept. Do you guys think this is related to the legalization of pot? High workers?

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Honestly I think this relates to something far bigger. Most of us here are from generations that took pride in our work, quality of the job and an attitude of give it your best.

Today’s generation you’re lucky to get them to show up let alone put in a full day. Quality!? What? Parts on don’t like it fix it yourself is the attitude. I swear some of the guys they probably hire work there 2 weeks and think they deserve a free F150 Raptor because they’re so great.

This isn’t just a Ford problem, it’s an issue across all manufacturing nationwide
It's also the push for less cost and bigger profits. Profits are good, but so many companies nowadays don't do much more than someone watching over them requires.
Here's how they built something as simple as a sewing machine - all they had to do was build something that made a needle go up and down, but this is how they built things.

Screenshot_20220803-174930.png

RangerVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
My truck is at the bodyshop now getting things patched up..
They said expect it to be at the shop two weeks. I don't think it will take them that long to get it done but they probably estimating where they are on other vehicles and when they finish one, mine will be there to pull in and get started on. Who knows
Took it last Monday, so they've had it a full week.
Ford gave me a courtesy Explorer to drive while it's in the shop so I can't complain about being without a vehicle.
I saw post here about some things others had noticed when they got their truck so I made sure to go over it pretty good when I picked it up.

Mine isn't as bad as the OP

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I know exactly how it goes. I worked in production for several years making a product. The push to keep things moving. The push by management to stay on time. The push to get it out the door. "Hey supervisor, this doesn't look right" -Supervisor says to just get it out. It's funny how from production's standpoint there is a pressure to keep things moving. When I started my own company in 93, that was number one; no use busting things out if we spend hours fixing mistakes. The problem with big companies is the departmentalization. Keep things moving so our 'numbers' look good, and let the other departments deal with the lack of quality. <<Rant Over>>. Btw. 30 years later and I still have nightmares where I'm working there again.
Me too on the nightmares, Holy shit I have been outta since the end of 2019. I was hoping it would end soon lol

The number fudging and massaging that goes on in a large manufacturing facility is only tolerated if the senior managers allow it and profit from it. Some of those egomaniac running different departments at my plant would say anything to make themselves look good. It was sickening to see how self serving they were. ?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Me too on the nightmares, Holy shit I have been outta since the end of 2019. I was hoping it would end soon lol

The number fudging and massaging that goes on in a large manufacturing facility is only tolerated if the senior managers allow it and profit from it. Some of those egomaniac running different departments at my plant would say anything to make themselves look good. It was sickening to see how self serving they were. ?
I'm sorry to say it isn't just manufacturing that suffers from this......

BettaRanga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Screw 4x4 Lariat 501a Blk App Carbonized Gray
My December 2021 came with defective rear caliper, missing a rear door sill from black package, and has some over spray from the bed liner on the paint in several places.

Rear caliper was a warranty repair the first week and the others I let go. My kids scratch up the sill cover anyway and the overspray is very hard to see without looking for it. Still loving it.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Mine is a 19, I think it was October of 2018. I purchased it in March 19' - right when COVID started and snagged a smoking deal at 0% for 84 months cause they were so desperate.
2019's were notorious for bad paint. They had not yet installed the new dedicated Ranger/Bronco paint system and were basically painting them with the old Focus set-up by trying to modify it somewhat.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
2019's were notorious for bad paint. They had not yet installed the new dedicated Ranger/Bronco paint system and were basically painting them with the old Focus set-up by trying to modify it somewhat.
Huh??? Meet me on Grinder....

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Mine, a 19, came with bags of assembly screws in it every where. Center console, glove box, door pockets, seat back pockets, under the seats, behind the rear seat. Every where was a little baggy with two to six very specialized automotive screws or bolts. Not sure if they used it to make a parts run or if the factory knew it was going to a guy with a few screws loose and tossed in some spares to get me by.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
another factor is a very concerning lack of qc coming from the plant the bronco has had major issues with it as well and as we all know our rangers share the same production line. If you think thats bad there have been broncos coming with mismatched seats missing components paint being flaked off along the roll bar with the tops due to a defect and mishandling etc. One dude got 3 different types of seats in his badlands one from a black diamond and the rears from an outer banks
I am beginning to understand why the MAP overall manager was suddenly let go last month.
No official word, as Ford does when it's a death or illness or retirement. When it's like this, suddenly your parking pass doesn't work when you come back from lunch...

I feel very fortunate, now. When I picked up mine 5/21, the only thing was there was some minor bedliner overspray (outside vendor) on the right rear fender- buffed right out while I waited. Best panel fit of any of the 13 Fords I've owned.

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Mine, a 19, came with bags of assembly screws in it every where. Center console, glove box, door pockets, seat back pockets, under the seats, behind the rear seat. Every where was a little baggy with two to six very specialized automotive screws or bolts. Not sure if they used it to make a parts run or if the factory knew it was going to a guy with a few screws loose and tossed in some spares to get me by.
My 2021 Jeep Rubicon had the same thing.

The 2022 Ranger, I think the dealer got in ahead of me, no spares. :(

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Good news...
They are moving the quality control manager from the paint and body department over to the engine internals quality control department, so you won't be seeing the body and paint issues anymore.

OP
OP
SHIVER22

SHIVER22

First Name
Breanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Tremor
Found 3 more issues last night.

-More scratches paint issue on bumper right underneath the grille (not huge issue as I’m getting a replacement bumper due to it being warped).

-drivers door not aligned properly and not flush with rear door. Passenger side completely fine and flush.

-drivers door window moulding coming off. Not the same as passenger side.

as the days go by, keep finding more and more issues. At this rate, almost every panel has damage. Not very pleased

CCD5108C-47DA-47DA-BC81-81D27AFECFFD.jpeg
2D4ED84F-2CB4-4F8D-BCF2-EC19A855C310.jpeg

Last edited:

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Found 3 more issues last night.

-More scratches paint issue on bumper right underneath the grille (not huge issue as I’m getting a replacement bumper due to it being warped).

-drivers door not aligned properly and not flush with rear door. Passenger side completely fine and flush.

-drivers door window moulding coming off. Not the same as passenger side.

as the days go by, keep finding more and more issues. At this rate, almost every panel has damage. Not very pleased
Seems like a combination of factors, poor assembly but also terrible shipping. I know a lack of trucking is a major contributor to the supply chain problems.

Maybe we’re back to the bad Monday/Friday assembly woes of days past. :(
Sponsored