Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Yes just like that….
I am guessing there are a few Rangers like that. The day we got our Tremor, they had a metallic grey Tremor too but that one was purchased already, it had the same defect in the paint. I just didn't notice it on ours until my first time hand washing it.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Ford dealership goes to install my leveling kit and send me this picture..

Anyone else experience anything like this?
Bought the truck 2 weeks ago today and the tech at the custom shop says he pulled off the tire to begin the work and notices this….

DFBD84F5-AC88-41BB-8815-0A5E44008829.jpeg
At LEAST he showed you! Sad to see something like this, but in mass manufacturing shit happens and workers just kinda look the other way! I worked 36 years in manufacturing sub components for aircraft and the Abrams Tank. Workers will try and pass of shit if no one is watching, happens all over, every company. Still sad to see it wasn't caught by Quality Control....

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Two notes, witness marks on nut indicate possible removal and reinstall prior to this. Second, I see what appears to be an impact mark on the small hex area above the threads which coincides with bend direction. Something had to impact that hard to bend that!
Agree! Something that short takes quite a bang to bend it.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If cross threaded, there would be lots of carnage on the exposed threads. They look clean. The plastic thread locking ring on the nut is only destroyed on the one area which supports bent after nut installation. Only thing I can think of in the absence of impact is the torquing device used to tighten that on the assembly line snagged it post torquing?
The person who did it could have cleaned it and hoped no one would see it! Have seen it happen in my line..

OP
OP
AZ_Tremor

AZ_Tremor

First Name
Angelito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Field engineer
I am guessing there are a few Rangers like that. The day we got our Tremor, they had a metallic grey Tremor too but that one was purchased already, it had the same defect in the paint. I just didn't notice it on ours until my first time hand washing it.
Did you have them correct it? I spoke with my salesman whom I’ve purchased 3 vehicles from and he said “well let us take care of it so we’re not facing any potential issues in the future”

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Did you have them correct it? I spoke with my salesman whom I’ve purchased 3 vehicles from and he said “well let us take care of it so we’re not facing any potential issues in the future”
Not yet at least. I live in the desert so it is less of a concern for me.

seanellaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT CrewCab Fx4
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Ford dealership goes to install my leveling kit and send me this picture..

Anyone else experience anything like this?
Bought the truck 2 weeks ago today and the tech at the custom shop says he pulled off the tire to begin the work and notices this….

DFBD84F5-AC88-41BB-8815-0A5E44008829.jpeg
Tell the dealer you expect the ball joint on the tie rod to be replaced, or the tie rod to be replaced. It is not ok. The bolt end of the ball is weakened and could break, the tie rod could then separate from the wheel. Possible steering disaster waiting to happen.

OP
OP
AZ_Tremor

AZ_Tremor

First Name
Angelito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Field engineer
Tell the dealer you expect the ball joint on the tie rod to be replaced, or the tie rod to be replaced. It is not ok. The bolt end of the ball is weakened and could break, the tie rod could then separate from the wheel. Possible steering disaster waiting to happen.
I believe I was told that the tie rod end was going to be replaced

Rick V.

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Scab,63 Fairlane, 22 Scab XLT FX4 302a
Occupation
Fleet bodyman
If the dealer repairs it it the repair will be picked up by Carfax.
A dealer repair will not show up on Carfax as the vehicle is not titled yet. There is a dollar amount that a vehicle can be damaged before sold and repaired and not reported. I don’t know what the dollar amount is I have been out of that end of repairs for a long time.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
A dealer repair will not show up on Carfax as the vehicle is not titled yet. There is a dollar amount that a vehicle can be damaged before sold and repaired and not reported. I don’t know what the dollar amount is I have been out of that end of repairs for a long time.
Good point, good luck. I have seen dealers’ PDI’s show up on Carfax.
Sponsored