Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
And we sure as heck weren't worried about our cars recognizing a speed limit sign so our vehicles could control our driving! That's sounding like having your mom driving you to the theater with your date..... No Thanks!
man you guys are a riot. I can’t imagine a single reason someone would want these features. Especially on 12+ hour drives while towing.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
IF it was a 440 Magnum.

More likely a 340 @ 16 seconds.

If you think this is embarrassing we need to party!

This is absolutely the truth.

One can forget that eventually you'll need to turn when intoxicated by tire spinning torque and barley pops.

Wouldn't have been any different if we were driving Toyota Camrys. At that age EVERY car is a hotrod and every foot of road is a track.
Sure, the odd poser in his mom’s LTD Country Squire might have driven that way at times but those of us who drove our own Camaros, Dusters, Mach 1s, Chevelles, Challengers, GTOs, Chargers, etc., totally bought into the idea of the “muscle car” and would flex at any opportunity. Red traffic lights were my favourite thing because it gave me an excuse to race the guy beside me, even if he wasn’t interested.

Camry? Sure, if you’re a cab driver in Toronto.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
And we sure as heck weren't worried about our cars recognizing a speed limit sign so our vehicles could control our driving! That's sounding like having your mom driving you to the theater with your date..... No Thanks!
Well, it would cut down on the excuses I used to hear.

Them - "Sorry Officer, I'm not from around here and I don't know the speed limit".
Me - "Do they look like that where you come from?" while pointing to the nearest speed limit sign.

In all seriousness, I can see where it would be a useful feature and kind of handy to have.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Sure.

But it could have saved me some tickets. Well, maybe not really but I'd like to think it would've helped.

man you guys are a riot. I can’t imagine a single reason someone would want these features. Especially on 12+ hour drives while towing.
While we're looking back on our youth it's sometimes difficult to remember we are older now. It's okay to use modern conveniences, sometimes things that are not needed are still pretty nice to have.
Sure, the odd poser in his mom’s LTD Country Squire might have driven that way at times but those of us who drove our own Camaros, Dusters, Mach 1s, Chevelles, Challengers, GTOs, Chargers, etc., totally bought into the idea of the “muscle car” and would flex at any opportunity. Red traffic lights were my favourite thing because it gave me an excuse to race the guy beside me, even if he wasn’t interested.

Camry? Sure, if you’re a cab driver in Toronto.
Back in the day we'd slow down to catch a red light. Nowadays we're racing to beat 'em. Gotta punch that clock like a good little adult.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Well, it would cut down on the excuses I used to hear.

Them - "Sorry Officer, I'm not from around here and I don't know the speed limit".
Me - "Do they look like that where you come from?" while pointing to the nearest speed limit sign.

In all seriousness, I can see where it would be a useful feature and kind of handy to have.
My 15 year old and I talk about the rules of the road a lot as she is preparing to start her driving lessons, lucky me.

On a "spirited" romp through some twisties in my FiST she was chastising me for speeding. She was adamant the limit there was 32 MPH. Swore she's seen it all over the place before. We talked A LOT about speed limits that day. After I pointed out that all the hash marks on the speedo are in 5 MPH increments it finally sunk in that limits will be there generally too.

I actually had the "I'm unfamiliar with the area," thing work for me once.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Maybe some people still believe in driving and personal accountability instead of staring at a phone and assuming the machines will do it for me.
If you don't like it don't turn it on. Nobody is forcing you to use it. Some of just it's kind of nice having a little sign on our dash flash at us because we missed the speed limit change while our attention was on the child playing in the street or oncoming traffic turning in front of us.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
It was Mopar madness at my parents house back then. My brother’s ‘74 Cuda, my ‘73 Roadrunner, the neighbour’s ‘74 Charger R/T, and my dad’s modified ‘69 Fargo P/U (fastest three on the tree in town). My other brother broke tradition with his ‘74 Camaro. How we all survived is a mystery.
Didn't those pickups come with a 12' bed?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Speed limits? We have them today, kind of hard to tell these days.
You ought to try driving out here. lol I don't think there's one person here that knows what a speed limit sign is. Heck if you're not doing 85 + you're going to slow! ?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Forscan natively running on 'nix or macos? May not wanna hold your breath. https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8958&p=30388&hilit=macos#p30388
Ah, but they did say they don't like Windows 10 and can't license 7 anymore so they are looking to port to Linux and MacOS next. It's just not "high priority."

"But in middle-long term perspective we plan to port FORScan to other platforms. We are not happy with Windows 10 at all, and Microsoft doesn't allow to license Windows 7 anymore. So we consider Linux and MacOS as next targets for porting. FORScan was initially designed as a cross-platform project so porting to a new platform will only take several dev/months (that's too much for us anyway)."