port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Ok. Never used forscan but computers don’t scare me. I don’t have a windows laptop though.... may have to track down an old cheap beater and give this a try.

definitely a worthwhile feature. Wonder why they don’t implement/market it for the ranger.
Me too. I have an old Windows PC but it's so out of date it will take me quite a while to get it up and running again. I keep wondering how long it will be until these things are ported to Mac since more and more engineers are switching to them.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Doesn't GPS display speed limits? Mine does and warns when exceeding them.
So what is the purpose of speed sign recognition?
The nav system displays what the speed limit was in the database ford bought however many years ago it was last updated. It doesn't know when the speed limit has been changed, and it doesn't know what the speed limit is in areas that weren't entered in the database (which is most smaller roads in more rural areas).

The main road near my house got a new speed limit almost 10 years ago, and it's been wrong in the truck since I bought it. If you tether your phone and use Google maps it tends to be much more accurate in my experience. (But the Google speed limit will never show up on the instrument panel.)

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It's Amazing what two EyeBalls can detect when your alert to the matter at hand ?
It must be so nice to be perfect, never miss anything, and never find any value in a bit of assistance. :asshat:

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Why would you want that feature?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
What I would like is for the automatic cruise control to recognize speed limit signs and adjust accordingly. Can that be enabled in for forscan.
Better yet, can it be enabled and can you set a percentage above that you’d like to maintain? ?

dmeyer302

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape, 2016 Odyssey
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have enabled traffic sign recognition via forscan. Not perfect but it works pretty well. It’s nice to have a little speed limit reminder when in unfamiliar areas.

It does not automatically affect cruise control settings in any way.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Better yet, can it be enabled and can you set a percentage above that you’d like to maintain? ?
It does not tie to the cruise control in any way. But you can set an amount over the speed limit before it starts flashing at you. There are two different settings. Above and below 35 mph I believe. There is also an audible alert you can enable when you go over the limit. I haven't turned mine on. :LOL:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
i wonder how that would work around here when some of the roadways have variable speeds depending on road conditions??
they are a digital readout sign, not your typical flat metal sign.
be fun in certain neighborhoods to put up your own signs at the end of the driveway that say 10MPH. save the children I say.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...-rules-and-consequences/variable-speed-limits

this is all a moot point though....there will be a day when your car is powered by google, and google will select your speed for you and you're just along for the ride. it will steer you to your destination. it will likely even schedule your pee breaks depending on when the software determined your last cup of coffee drank.
no more speeding, no more brake checking, no more top speed tests of your Ranger after you installed a TG damper. all the fun is gone and thats because the fun slowly gets eroded away today. eroded by people who embrace this nanny technology.
we need to start a revolution, take back our roadways and raceways. let drivers be drivers. let the strong survive and the weak crash into the ditch. we need skills back. we needs to be strong. we need our rights as citizens handed back to us. we cant let the establishment control us. we have to prevent the popo from having a kill switch for our cars so that we can run from the law. lets unite for the right. we need to be responsible for our actions. we need to be reckless and carefree. life is short, its lot living until you've laid down a skidmark longer than an NFL field on a dry day.
Better yet, longer than a CFL field on a dry day.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport 4x4 Lariat - Saber
Occupation
I'm fly. I'm pilot.
What I would like is for the automatic cruise control to recognize speed limit signs and adjust accordingly. Can that be enabled in for forscan.
But then how am I supposed to speed?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
so, this is like the My Key, when you set it up to annoy your teenager so it lowers the radio volume, makes ding ding noises when they speed and what not, but it gives you a little dash pictogram showing the speed limit of the road???
520B921C-7938-42C4-97D7-3B668C3F97ED.jpeg

It’s standard equipment on these...

B0CDEACA-AF7B-463A-8AE7-12371B6C4F55.jpeg

Last edited:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
i wonder how that would work around here when some of the roadways have variable speeds depending on road conditions??
they are a digital readout sign, not your typical flat metal sign.
be fun in certain neighborhoods to put up your own signs at the end of the driveway that say 10MPH. save the children I say.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/...-rules-and-consequences/variable-speed-limits

this is all a moot point though....there will be a day when your car is powered by google, and google will select your speed for you and you're just along for the ride. it will steer you to your destination. it will likely even schedule your pee breaks depending on when the software determined your last cup of coffee drank.
no more speeding, no more brake checking, no more top speed tests of your Ranger after you installed a TG damper. all the fun is gone and thats because the fun slowly gets eroded away today. eroded by people who embrace this nanny technology.
we need to start a revolution, take back our roadways and raceways. let drivers be drivers. let the strong survive and the weak crash into the ditch. we need skills back. we needs to be strong. we need our rights as citizens handed back to us. we cant let the establishment control us. we have to prevent the popo from having a kill switch for our cars so that we can run from the law. lets unite for the right. we need to be responsible for our actions. we need to be reckless and carefree. life is short, its lot living until you've laid down a skidmark longer than an NFL field on a dry day.
tenor-234091101.gif