Speed sign recognition?

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Just bought a ‘21 Lariat that I’m picking up on Sunday - does anyone know if these have the speed sign recognition other models have?

I test drove a bronco sport that had it and thought it was pretty cool. Google search seems to reference Australian models so - does the NA version have this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Ok. Never used forscan but computers don’t scare me. I don’t have a windows laptop though.... may have to track down an old cheap beater and give this a try.

definitely a worthwhile feature. Wonder why they don’t implement/market it for the ranger.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok. Never used forscan but computers don’t scare me. I don’t have a windows laptop though.... may have to track down an old cheap beater and give this a try.

definitely a worthwhile feature. Wonder why they don’t implement/market it for the ranger.
Forscan is definitely cool and you can make lots of little tweaks to make your truck yours. Just be sure to make your backups.

As for the speed sign recognition it's and easy enable that's documented elsewhere here. Your 2021 should have the US speed sign graphics
Those of us with 2019s appear to be stuck with the European signs. Think there was a firmware update for MY2020.

Check out the Forscan threads for how-tos and things you can do.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My '20 Lariat displays the speed limit when on the navigation screen on the right side of cluster. It does this wether actively navigating or not.

Not sure if it comes from the navigation or sign recognition. Haven't made it to that part of the book yet

Last edited:

The Donald

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
very impressive. This is a fantastic addition to the discussion here.
Maybe some people still believe in driving and personal accountability instead of staring at a phone and assuming the machines will do it for me.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
What I would like is for the automatic cruise control to recognize speed limit signs and adjust accordingly. Can that be enabled in for forscan.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
What I would like is for the automatic cruise control to recognize speed limit signs and adjust accordingly. Can that be enabled in for forscan.
ok so that’s actually the reason I wanted to do this in the first place. Does that not work once we’ve enabled the sign recognition?

I guess Ford calls this “IACC” or intelligent adaptive cruise control.
Sponsored