Speed Machine!

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.

1602616343513.png

Yes we were all stupid 'kids' at some point and lucky enough to talk about & admit it! For some involved, just watching, driving or walking by they are DOA because of the dumb actions of one [or two].
Street racing is STUPID!
add that to: texting yelling at your kids in the back, DUI, etc. that humans do that cause what's in the photo above.
Sponsored

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
Just to clarify the above statement. Not wanting to get into the urinary Olympics, just making sure the facts are factual and correct....I thought a felony for street racing was a bit much, but if ya do it multiple times, you will reap what you sow :)

"As for street racers, they can keep this in mind: Under the Texas Penal Code, illegal street racing is a Class B misdemeanor. Racers who break the law can face jail time of up to 180 days, a fine of up to $2,000, or both.

Street racers also can have their driver’s license suspended for up to one year, and they must complete 10 hours of community service before it is restored.

Repeat offenders can have the so-called book thrown at them. They can be charged with a second-degree felony and have their license suspended. They also can face a fine of up to $10,000, jail time of 2 to 20 years, or both. A third felony offense even could lead to life in prison.
"

^^ From here--https://www.jimadler.com/blog/street-racing-in-texas/#:~:text=Texas%20Street%20Racing%20Laws,up%20to%20%242%2C000%2C%20or%20both.&text=A%20third%20felony%20offense%20even%20could%20lead%20to%20life%20in%20prison.

Thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
After a lotttt of friendly shit talk I red lights raced a 2013 5.0 with some modifications last night and gave this marine a runnnnn for his money! After the Livernois Tune I’m pretty confident with my truck but I wasn’t expecting anything crazy on the 5.0 but when I left him in my DUST I had the stupidest grin on my face! Next red light came and you can guess who ran that one out of frustration! Anyone else suprised at some of the cars they can beat out?!
Yep. I raced a Corvette light to light. Sport mode, not even WOT, rpms never went above 5k, let off at 58 mph in a 50. Absolutely dusted that thing. The caveat? It was a 78-82 model Corvette. Known to be horrendous in the horsepower department but still fun. And yes, street racing is stupid. But I've launched like that several times just for fun or to get ahead of a traffic knot and the truck doesn't even break a sweat. My truck shipped at a weight of 4,022 lbs. XL supercab. I'm not advocating racing. I'm NOT going to argue a little truck vs true muscle or sports cars. But the new Rangers are a lot faster than most average cars on the road. The Corvette guy was just a little embarrassed but more amazed that a Ranger was so quick. I had a 94 Mustang GT and compared to that I'm pretty sure a stock Ranger would at least keep up if not win by a nose or so on a 0-60. Don't know about 1/4 mile times. Having said all that, I suggest taking it easy if you want your truck to last a long time. But nothing wrong with the occasional 0-60 sport mode blast. Doubt I'll ever even tune it but if I do it won't be for a long while. Last Ranger went 275,000 on original engine over 23 years of daily driving and only one clutch replacement at 195,000. Original tranny. 3.0 5 speed. And I drove that truck HARD for the first 10 years or so.
Sold it after I bought the new one and it still ran great but she was OLD and cranky.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
I will admit to some racing in my youth, had a 65 GTO 421, 3 deuces progressive and posi, dang thing was a rocket ship. Don't and haven't done that in many years, 20 years as a LEO cured me of that. I did flat track stock cars and straight lined my M/C's at times. I will open her up in sport up to the speed limit to get ahead of the pack, or 'blow out the carbon' so to speak, but never against another vehicle.

WhiteRangerDanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I've street raced but I just can't imagine doing it in my truck which has an exhaust and it's tuned and I get the itch but I know I have to control my urges?. I just don't trust my truck versus a lowered ST or GT, my opinion of course ?.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Then that one time homeless Bob is wandering down the street and either being drunk comes into the road, or a truck pops a tire and turns him into pudding on the sidewalk.

I see the results of adults making less than stellar choices all the time in my line of work.

People charged with DUI manslaughter never intended to get behind the wheel and pancake someone.
I really hate myself for replying to such an old post, but...the town I live in Alaska some of the worst offenders for that type of racing was off duty LEO's. And I knew most of them.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I couldn't help but think of this scene.

That's pretty much how everyone drives here. They think it's a race from light to light and I'm not talking kids, these are "older" drivers. ?

Deleted member 15875

That's pretty much how everyone drives here. They think it's a race from light to light and I'm not talking kids, these are "older" drivers. ?
Yeah, I was young once, but don't drive like that on the streets. The way people drive these days is ridiculous. I''ll save it for the track.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah, I was young once, but don't drive like that on the streets. The way people drive these days is ridiculous. I''ll save it for the track.
It's most likely similar seeing as most of CA has moved here in the past couple years. I just laugh because they'll take off pedal to the floor like they're going to the ER and you can see the red light up ahead. l just drive normal and usually still end up either behind them or right next to them. lol

Deleted member 15875

It's most likely similar seeing as most of CA has moved here in the past couple years. I just laugh because they'll take off pedal to the floor like they're going to the ER and you can see the red light up ahead. l just drive normal and usually still end up either behind them or right next to them. lol
It's amazing to me to see Phoenix still growing and so many new businesses that have popped up in the last few years off the 303. I've been going their for 35 years and it's been growing ever since. It used to be fun going there, but I avoid Phoenix now due to the traffic. The 303 is reasonable now, but soon it'll be another parking lot.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's amazing to me to see Phoenix still growing and so many new businesses that have popped up in the last few years off the 303. I've been going their for 35 years and it's been growing ever since. It used to be fun going there, but I avoid Phoenix now due to the traffic. The 303 is reasonable now, but soon it'll be another parking lot.
I live near the end of it about 1.5 miles from Target. When I first bought my house (2011) there was no 303 and Cotton Ln was just a 2 way street all the way up to Surprise. Heck just in the last 18 months it's exploded with industrial buildings and more going up now.

Here's a good video on the expansion.

Deleted member 15875

I live near the end of it about 1.5 miles from Target. When I first bought my house (2011) there was no 303 and Cotton Ln was just a 2 way street all the way up to Surprise. Heck just in the last 18 months it's exploded with industrial buildings and more going up now.

Here's a good video on the expansion.

Yep, I thought the 303 was gonna be the autobaun for us coming from Kali to Sedona/Flagstaff, but when we drove through a few months back, I couldn't beleive the development. Add homes and that freeway won't be the same in the next 2-3 years unfortunately.

On a similar note living in SoCal, I remember seeing all the ships off the port of Long Beach sitting at sea, but they couldn't doc through the pandemic. Fast-forward, there's no ships waiting any longer. It's all caught up.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: