First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I have not pushed it much past ninety MPH, but I have noticed during freeway driving that it moves very quickly and quietly from, say, a perfectly legal sixty-five, to a dangerously ticket-worth ninety, almost before you are aware of it. This is great for getting away from drunken drivers, wavering semis, etc., but you really have to be mindful of the speedometer lest you get busted--or worse....
Yes indeed, I've noticed this myself. I can really appreciate the power difference between this truck and my old one with the NA 3.slow
I'm slowly getting used to it and at first I thought that it's almost too much power for a truck like this but nah...you can never have too much. Considering a tune down the road one day as well. That should really make things interesting.
Sponsored

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Especially with the stock tires (I don't have that much faith in them) or y'all running the bigger off road type tires. Once I get my new wheels and tires mounted, no worries then.
The stock Hankooks on mine and probably a lot of the trucks people have in this forum are T rated. That's good for 118 mph. I'm never too excited about stock tires on most new vehicles, except for the high performance vehicles, but I have looked at a ton of reviews for these Dyna Pro ATMs and it seems like they fare pretty well. Hopefully I'll get the estimated 50,000 out of them and then consider what different new tires can do. Granted, I'm far too cowardly to push mine to 110 but the occasional 90 or so happens once in awhile and I have zero worries about these stock tires.

Last edited:

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Have this system on order....guaranteed to hit Warp 9.95.....

B0tCF1lCcAAFdRU.jpg

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I had my Yamaha FZ6 up to 107 a couple of times. And I changed the gearing down so with stock gearing I could do another 10 MPH. That's flying on a motorcycle. Not like the Moto GP guys however. They are crazy. My Ranger 80 is it so far. LOL

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I did 155 once. Bmw M coupe. Does that count?
Sponsored