First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
2022 Ford Ranger XL Rwd. Mods: FORScan, lowered, rear shocks, front coilovers, paint matched, drilled/slotted rotors/ceramic pads, cold air intake, intercooler, down pipes, 3” exhaust, meth injection, cold plugs & thermostat, radiator hoses, BOV, injectors, e85-e90, stage 4 turbo, tuned, 3d printed dash gauges, 4 Bar MAP sensor, vossen wheels, Nitto tires, drag radials, sound deading, aftermarket speakers, amp, Ranger under rear seat sub box, tint, etc
A big turbo, meth injected, e85 Ranger?

We're going to need to see a dyno chart on that. Pretty much one of kind.

Who tuned you? No HPFP?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Plan to this spring when the tracks open up and do a few more modifications.
“Nitto tires, drag radials,”
Speedo stopped reading at 130mph. GPS & laptop read 148mph, still pulling hard but had to slow down for other racers on the closed circuit course.
@DirtDerrick ,
What “Closed Course” track are you doing this at ?

Last edited:

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A big turbo, meth injected, e85 Ranger?

We're going to need to see a dyno chart on that. Pretty much one of kind.

Who tuned you? No HPFP?
148 mph = 9.2 sec 1/4 mile .
Sounds like someone that was here about a year before this with an 11.50 dial in E.T.
Actually he said a “Dail In“ ..

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
148 = 9.2 sec 1/4 mile .
Not a drag racer, but doesn't the NHRA require certain things under 10 seconds, cage, license, something?

My spidey sense is tingling too. Hard to believe somebody building this has just now dipped a toe into our waters.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not a drag racer, but doesn't the NHRA require certain things under 10 seconds, cage, license, something?

My spidey sense is tingling too. Hard to believe somebody building this has just now dipped a toe into our waters.
Yes, any thing under 9.99 requires a license

Under 11.49 requires a cage,
11.49 seconds (7.35 1/8th)
SFI 1.1 or 1.2 Flywheel / Clutch
SFI 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 or 9.1 Flywheel shield SFI 3.2A/1 approved jacket
6 point roll bar
SFI approved seat belts

Last edited:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Driving fast is one of those things where the only basic requirement is knowing how to depress the gas pedal, but driving fast in a controlled manor is completely different.

I have held a competition license for 30+ years, from Karts to stock cars, I have seen licensed drivers who are supposed to know how to handle a car at speed, screw up on a regular basis, if everything is perfect, all is fine, it's the slight variation, wobble, unexpected reaction to another object that sends things into chaos.

So the average Joe who occasionally wants to see how fast his ride will go usually comes away okay, but it's when things go wrong is where vehicles and people get destroyed, it's a fine line between good and bad at high speeds.

So when you start to get in a spin, what do you do? lock it down (apply the brakes) or do you pin the throttle? (to throw the vehicle in the direction of the rear end inertia) Haha, don't try to figure that one out, it's a oval track thing, but it does seriously apply in many, many situations.
Well, the edge of 50, old country back roads driving as fast as the computer will allow, good 5 to 8 miles with the speedometer pegged, dog or stray animal the biggest threat on the road, yep, dobit every chance i get. I got an airbag right? Well, only thing that gets the blood pumping nowadays. Not doing sears point or watkins glen. Just a good stretch of straight. Ill be sure to cinch my seat belt tighter. Even better in a car. Well forgot what the point of this post was, but yeah, as long as im the only one at risk. Ill keep doing it. Ranger is an awesome little truck.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
D Fresh buy me some dyno time & I'll get that chart for you. Thank you.
You expect us to believe that you've tuned an Ecoboost to the razors edge and did not do so on a dyno?

Come on now. That's an over 500 wheel horsepower motor you've described. It would virtually require a custom dyno tune. A canned tune would not cut it for that setup. And if road tuned I'd have a hard time believing a man who's spent over $5k in mods couldn't/wouldn't spend a couple of hundred on a dyno pull.
D Fresh I bought something cheap to keep miles off of other vehicles. I joined the community to contribute and also ask for help finding a throttle inlet pressure sensor that reads over 3.5 bars. I apologize for entering your waters. Thank you.
Why are you so sensitive? Nobody is upset you are here. We are welcoming you with open arms and literally begging for info on your truck.

The build you are describing would easily be THE most powerful Ranger in the US. I can think of only one truck that would even come close. Your truck would be something to be very proud of. It just seems odd that your first visit here would be so late in your build. Let alone that you would be so hesitant to share the details.
I apologize to everyone for not being a member of the NHRA, not drag racing in the 1/4 mile, and anything else I've done to offend the community. God Bless you all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Just joined the forum.

500 whp Ranger that's raced on a "private track."

Truck is just a "get around" vehicle in your fleet of supercars.

No build details or dyno sheet.

Persecution complex.

I'm not ready to call it just yet. But I'm 97.394% sure that you are full of shit about at least one aspect of your story.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I'm going to chime in here about a couple of things.
DISCLAIMER: At my age now I normally drive like grandpa pigeon but do a couple of sport mode blasts here and there when it is clear and dry. I've personally come to enjoy the mellow quiet lazy way this truck drives in D. It actually lulled my wife to sleep when we were driving to see family over the Christmas weekend and she definitely enjoys riding in it. If I want faster response I just use S. I obviously did not buy this truck for speed but this little turbo engine is exceptional and was a big feature for me. Disclaimer over.

My vehicle before this one was a 2000 Ranger with a NA 3.0 so it was definitely NOT quick by any stretch of the imagination.
Before that a 94 Mustang GT with the 5.0 (five point slow, lol) I think that thing had 225 HP and 290 lb./ft and that car was fast, raw, loud and generally angry and obnoxious.
My new truck is a MY22 XL Scab STX FX2 Velocity Blue.
Dry weight according to door sill sticker and simple math is 4022 lbs. so I thought that was pretty good for a Ranger.
Timed carefully with a stopwatch app, 0-60 around 6.2 to 6.7 seconds (it varied of course). No mods and with only me in the truck, nothing else. Definitely faster than my 94 Mustang GT 0-60 albeit by just a little.
After getting a triple digit speeding ticket in my Mustang a long time ago I'm far too discouraged from testing top speed. That was not a pretty incident and cost a lot of money. I think my wrists still hurt from the bracelets I got to wear that day and that was over 25 years ago. But I have gotten to a bit over 90 in this truck and judging by how quickly this thing accelerates from 50 to 90 I have no doubt it would top out fairly quickly. And yes, top speed is rated at 110 but again, I'm way too afraid to try that. Anyone actually went that fast in a new Ranger? Definitely braver than I am... Personally, the idea of something happening at that rate of speed in a truck like this scares the living shit out of me. BUT, out of curiosity, does anyone want to speculate on the top speed if it wasn't limited? With the horses these trucks have and the gearing I would think it would be a fair bit more than 110.
Avg. MPG is 23 to 23.4 according to the truck and it's very close to that when I manually calculate it.

20221007_183335.jpg

20221007_183310.jpg

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
You expect us to believe that you've tuned an Ecoboost to the razors edge and did not do so on a dyno?

Come on now. That's an over 500 wheel horsepower motor you've described. It would virtually require a custom dyno tune. A canned tune would not cut it for that setup. And if road tuned I'd have a hard time believing a man who's spent over $5k in mods couldn't/wouldn't spend a couple of hundred on a dyno pull.

Why are you so sensitive? Nobody is upset you are here. We are welcoming you with open arms and literally begging for info on your truck.

The build you are describing would easily be THE most powerful Ranger in the US. I can think of only one truck that would even come close. Your truck would be something to be very proud of. It just seems odd that your first visit here would be so late in your build. Let alone that you would be so hesitant to share the details.

Just joined the forum.

500 whp Ranger that's raced on a "private track."

Truck is just a "get around" vehicle in your fleet of supercars.

No build details or dyno sheet.

Persecution complex.

I'm not ready to call it just yet. But I'm 97.394% sure that you are full of shit about at least one aspect of your story.
I'm not sure what to think about this. I don't know as much about these types of mods as others like you but I do know what DirtDerrick is describing is at the extreme end of things for sure.
I'd love to see some pictures of that machine.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I'm going to chime in here about a couple of things.
DISCLAIMER: At my age now I normally drive like grandpa pigeon but do a couple of sport mode blasts here and there when it is clear and dry. I've personally come to enjoy the mellow quiet lazy way this truck drives in D. It actually lulled my wife to sleep when we were driving to see family over the Christmas weekend and she definitely enjoys riding in it. If I want faster response I just use S. I obviously did not buy this truck for speed but this little turbo engine is exceptional and was a big feature for me. Disclaimer over.

My vehicle before this one was a 2000 Ranger with a NA 3.0 so it was definitely NOT quick by any stretch of the imagination.
Before that a 94 Mustang GT with the 5.0 (five point slow, lol) I think that thing had 225 HP and 290 lb./ft and that car was fast, raw, loud and generally angry and obnoxious.
My new truck is a MY22 XL Scab STX FX2 Velocity Blue.
Dry weight according to door sill sticker and simple math is 4022 lbs. so I thought that was pretty good for a Ranger.
Timed carefully with a stopwatch app, 0-60 around 6.2 to 6.7 seconds (it varied of course). No mods and with only me in the truck, nothing else. Definitely faster than my 94 Mustang GT 0-60 albeit by just a little.
After getting a triple digit speeding ticket in my Mustang a long time ago I'm far too discouraged from testing top speed. That was not a pretty incident and cost a lot of money. I think my wrists still hurt from the bracelets I got to wear that day and that was over 25 years ago. But I have gotten to a bit over 90 in this truck and judging by how quickly this thing accelerates from 50 to 90 I have no doubt it would top out fairly quickly. And yes, top speed is rated at 110 but again, I'm way too afraid to try that. Anyone actually went that fast in a new Ranger? Definitely braver than I am... Personally, the idea of something happening at that rate of speed in a truck like this scares the living shit out of me. BUT, out of curiosity, does anyone want to speculate on the top speed if it wasn't limited? With the horses these trucks have and the gearing I would think it would be a fair bit more than 110.
Avg. MPG is 23 to 23.4 according to the truck and it's very close to that when I manually calculate it.

20221007_183335.jpg

20221007_183310.jpg
The 110 mph limiter is an electronic speed limiter. It's not limited by gearing or anything else.

Check out the single piece driveshaft thread. It is very likely that Ford chose 110 because that is all the driveshaft can handle.
I'm not sure what to think about this. I don't know as much about these types of mods as others like you but I do know what DirtDerrick is describing is at the extreme end of things for sure.
I'd love to see some pictures of that machine.
Dude disappeared and deleted his posts.

He was totally full of shit.

Last edited:

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I have a tune that lets me go above 110. Based on its handling and brakes... I'll stick to not crossing the original limiter that isn't there........

unless it goes thru the traps above 110 when I get it to a track eventually. See what the Livernois 93 SS can do in the 1/4.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
The 110 mph limiter is an electronic speed limiter. It's not limited by gearing or anything else.

Check out the single piece driveshaft thread. It is very likely that Ford chose 110 because that is all the driveshaft can handle.

Dude disappeared and deleted his posts.

He was totally full of shit.
Thanks for the answers.

I have seen the threads about the one piece drive shaft and that makes sense. Imagine blowing that thing going over 110...

Yes, posting such nonsense and then deleting it and disappearing is common with these idiots on social media forums. Even with the little I do know about mods, the list that guy gave was freaking ridiculous. Why do that to a Ranger anyway? Do that to a vehicle that can handle it and leave your Ranger alone so you have something to drive when your little racecar is broken down.