JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
In case anyone was wondering, she stops at a buck ten, no matter how long you hold it to the kitchen:):facepalm:
LOL, reminds me when I was in my early 20's and a Volunteer EMT in rural MT. I was called to respond to a town about 65 miles away for extrication in a rollover. My vehicle was getting an oil change and I borrowed my grandpa's F150. I responded and in the flats, the engine kept cutting in and out. At the end of the day after everything was over, I was telling my uncle that there must be something wrong with grandpa's pickup and we better have it checked out. Oh, he said, you know it cuts out at 120mph.... you were going a little fast eh... :shock::angel:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
You down with OPP Todd?

OP
OP
toddiscdn

toddiscdn

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X4
You down with OPP Todd?
Ha! Not really, I know a few but if they caught me at that velocity I'm not sure they'd let me slide.

Its kinda the land of flat and straight here, so to have a half or full mile of relatively uninhabited decent pavement is not unusual. Im old enough to know where these are, but always a roll of the dice.

Fortunately, the ranger gets there pretty quick , I've had it close before but I had an opportunity to hold it this time and see. The truck was vvery stable and well composed at that rate too, very uneventful , but backed her off when I confirmed the limit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My '02 Ranger was limited to 90 (which I did more often than I should admit...lol). I probably won't push the new one to 110 unless I find a real quiet stretch of road and Waze shows the all clear.

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Is that 110 kmph or mph?

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
My 95 STX would do 110 after 5 miles with straight pipe exhaust and an intake upgrade. It was a manual trans though, and I smelled clutch afterwards :) I'm not even sure how I survived my teenage years at this point... I did have a built up Focus ST, so that got some of the speed out of me. I doubt I'll ever have the truck even near that speed, nor would I want to with all terrain tires.

WXman

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2013 F-150 stopped at 95, which is horrendous when you're a truck length ahead of a guy in a Powerstroke who thinks he's hot stuff. :angry:

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
2013 F-150 stopped at 95, which is horrendous when you're a truck length ahead of a guy in a Powerstroke who thinks he's hot stuff. :angry:
Get a tune :) Takes care of any speed limiter, but be prepared for the massive ticket you'll get when you also get a ticket for exceeding the speed rating on your tires in addition to the reckless driving ticket :)

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
110 is quick enough for me in the ranger. i saw the speed limiter "adjustments" in forscan. one said something like police no limit :devil: i thought it over for a sec. I sold a Mustang to buy the ranger. it was tuned and limiter was - adjusted. never tested it to see if it really would clock over 150. i would be interested to know if someone makes the change in forscan what the new top speed is.

Eoj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 lariat fx4
Unless you’re going downhill then 114 is momentarily possible
Sponsored