First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 2WD
Occupation
Server
After a lotttt of friendly shit talk I red lights raced a 2013 5.0 with some modifications last night and gave this marine a runnnnn for his money! After the Livernois Tune I’m pretty confident with my truck but I wasn’t expecting anything crazy on the 5.0 but when I left him in my DUST I had the stupidest grin on my face! Next red light came and you can guess who ran that one out of frustration! Anyone else suprised at some of the cars they can beat out?!
Sponsored

OP
OP
DMVRanger

DMVRanger

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL 2WD
Occupation
Server
Sounds like street racing, which is reckless and just plain dumb.

if you want to race, keep it to the track.
2 am no car on the road red light foot to the floor to the next light

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
2 am no car on the road red light foot to the floor to the next light

Then that one time homeless Bob is wandering down the street and either being drunk comes into the road, or a truck pops a tire and turns him into pudding on the sidewalk.

I see the results of adults making less than stellar choices all the time in my line of work.

People charged with DUI manslaughter never intended to get behind the wheel and pancake someone.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
It is a better idea to run it at the track. Too many variables on public roads today.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
First of all, enjoy your victory. It was because of driver error, incompetence. Last Car was a '17 RR 5.0 PP. i would smoke any stock or even moded 2.3L in a 4200 lb truck. lolz. I was pushng 460hp in a 3800lb car wearing 275s in the rear. Goodbye. enjoy it, till you meet someone that can drive.

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
Admit it or not.....we’ve all done some “street racing”.

I admit I did all the time before it became a felony. I'd just stoplight race up to the speed limit or a hair over. Then the stupid Fast and Furious movies came out and all the sudden people were doing some really dumb stuff behind the wheel. The crashes and deaths were even more spectacular and horrible. As a result "contest of speed" is now a felony here in Texas. It isn't worth it and you never know what the stranger next to you is capable of.

Taking it to the racetrack would be nice. But you can forget about insurance coverage if something happens. Insurance will also drop you if they find out you were racing your insured vehicle on the track.

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I admit I did all the time before it became a felony. I'd just stoplight race up to the speed limit or a hair over. Then the stupid Fast and Furious movies came out and all the sudden people were doing some really dumb stuff behind the wheel. The crashes and deaths were even more spectacular and horrible. As a result "contest of speed" is now a felony here in Texas. It isn't worth it and you never know what the stranger next to you is capable of.

Taking it to the racetrack would be nice. But you can forget about insurance coverage if something happens. Insurance will also drop you if they find out you were racing your insured vehicle on the track.
But they'll still take your money while you're disputing it, I'll bet.

Reactions: Doc

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
As a result "contest of speed" is now a felony here in Texas.
Just to clarify the above statement. Not wanting to get into the urinary Olympics, just making sure the facts are factual and correct....I thought a felony for street racing was a bit much, but if ya do it multiple times, you will reap what you sow :)

"As for street racers, they can keep this in mind: Under the Texas Penal Code, illegal street racing is a Class B misdemeanor. Racers who break the law can face jail time of up to 180 days, a fine of up to $2,000, or both.

Street racers also can have their driver’s license suspended for up to one year, and they must complete 10 hours of community service before it is restored.

Repeat offenders can have the so-called book thrown at them. They can be charged with a second-degree felony and have their license suspended. They also can face a fine of up to $10,000, jail time of 2 to 20 years, or both. A third felony offense even could lead to life in prison.
"

^^ From here--https://www.jimadler.com/blog/street-racing-in-texas/#:~:text=Texas%20Street%20Racing%20Laws,up%20to%20%242%2C000%2C%20or%20both.&text=A%20third%20felony%20offense%20even%20could%20lead%20to%20life%20in%20prison.
Sponsored