First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
You can feel where the selector is right?

Three or four clicks down and you're where you want to be. Up two or three to back into a spot, up one to get out.

Pretty simple.

You can even feel by the release button if you're in in D or S. In S the button is slightly depressed.

As far as HVAC, just set to desired temp and let it do the work. The only button I ever hit is MAX Defrost, then back to auto.
If I'm not mistaken, you can't shift from P to S in one shot anyway so just yank'r back until it won't go anymore and you'll end up in D. When parking, do the opposite. When reversing, either one back from P or 2 forward from D, like most vehicles for decades.

That being said.. would be nice if they just lit the damn thing lol
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
If I'm not mistaken, you can't shift from P to S in one shot anyway so just yank'r back until it won't go anymore and you'll end up in D. When parking, do the opposite. When reversing, either one back from P or 2 forward from D, like most vehicles for decades.

That being said.. would be nice if they just lit the damn thing lol
Yep.

If I need visual verification it's on the dash. It would be nice, sure. But it's hardly an "issue."

Tloon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 2010 Corvette GS
Occupation
General Contractor
Had my 2021 Lariat for a month now. Never noticed, but the shift indicator does not light up.

Buddybiro

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired
I recall reading that the word Ranger on the rocker panel was illuminated with the illumination package? Does anyone have that and does it work? Mine does not.
I think my voice command works with phone connected. One quick push of the voice button uses the truck voice command and a long press of the voice button works the phone voice command. I haven’t tried the climate control but it works my radio just fine.

Steve23

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
My 2020 Lariat gear selection "glows" (looks like glow-in-the-dark material) but it doesn't light up with what gear I'm in.

silverflash

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger XL loaded
Occupation
stuff
i think ford should have kept it lit up AND included a marker there to show what gear you are in.

why?

Personally, when i park, i put trans in neutral first, then apply parking brake, then go into park. i am just used to seeing that indicated where i am shifting. I can train myself eventually to focus on the dash but it's different than all the other cars i have had and have. my 2007 xterra for example is backlit and it tells me which gear i am in both at the shifter AND the dash. So much for that everything you need and nothing else slogan from nissan.........or wait........

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I recall reading that the word Ranger on the rocker panel was illuminated with the illumination package? Does anyone have that and does it work? Mine does not.
Haven't visited this rant thread lately. What Ranger on the rocker panel are you talking about and what illumination package? Haven't seen or heard of either.

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
New Ranger owner here. Almost the first thing I noticed when the delivery person was showing me all the features was no shift indicator down by the shifter even with all the letters there. My malibu has a lighted gear indicator by the shifter so I've kinda gotten used to seeing it.
My question now is... Why in the heck would the letters even be there. And hearing that some Rangers have them illuminated but no indicator??? Weird, indeed. BUT...
Not near so annoying as paying for a "tow" package and not getting a brake control or even a plug and play connector.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
My 19 XL STX does light up