First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
You are correct, I didn't bother because it;s pointless. Go break something and then comeback and tell us how well they treat you.

I'd rather here from someone who had to take there truck in under these conditions and reports all is well. They don't, bc that is why everyone talks about this. They find a way to screw you out of what you thought was the deal. There is the real issue. If it didn't get them off the hook then the trucks would come that way. Now you can stop with the nit picking and understand the narrative.
My truck came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. Prior to me buying my Ranger the dealer contacted the backer of that warranty to inquire about how the FP tune, when installed at the selling dealer, would impact that coverage. Their response, if it is a Ford Accessory (Yes, it could be bought as a Ford Accessory) installed by the dealer it would not impact their coverage at all. In reading the contract on that warranty I had a question about the oil change requirements, as they stated 3,000 mile changes regardless of manufacture recommendations.... unless the vehicle calls for synthetic. Well, I was not sure how they defined synthetic, did a synthetic blend meet the requirement, or does it have to be full. Anyway, confirmed that blend is considered synthetic by them and I also asked again about the FP tune, and again they were clear, that if it's a ford accessory and installed at the dealer, no impact. So, I bought my tune through Ford Accessories and had my dealer install it. I'm not worried at this time, and if I find myself in need of a claim and they deny it,, I'll have to address that with them at that time.
Sponsored

DROZ23

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Beening Badass
My truck came with a lifetime powertrain warranty. Prior to me buying my Ranger the dealer contacted the backer of that warranty to inquire about how the FP tune, when installed at the selling dealer, would impact that coverage. Their response, if it is a Ford Accessory (Yes, it could be bought as a Ford Accessory) installed by the dealer it would not impact their coverage at all. In reading the contract on that warranty I had a question about the oil change requirements, as they stated 3,000 mile changes regardless of manufacture recommendations.... unless the vehicle calls for synthetic. Well, I was not sure how they defined synthetic, did a synthetic blend meet the requirement, or does it have to be full. Anyway, confirmed that blend is considered synthetic by them and I also asked again about the FP tune, and again they were clear, that if it's a ford accessory and installed at the dealer, no impact. So, I bought my tune through Ford Accessories and had my dealer install it. I'm not worried at this time, and if I find myself in need of a claim and they deny it,, I'll have to address that with them at that time.
Sounds like a good carrier to get a warranty from. Can you let us know who that is?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This is why I always state to "Read The Fine Print" when it comes to Extended Warranties and aftermarket accessories like Tunes.
Sponsored