Livernois vs Ford Performance tune...

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
Random aside on this: I went to my dealer today to drop my truck off for service. While there, I asked the guy helping me to give me a quote on the installation of the Ford Performance Tune (I'd do it myself, but I confirmed with Ford Performance's customer service dept. that it'd void the warranty unless the dealer/ASE certified technician installed it). The guy at the dealer I was talking to seemed completely clueless about what the FPT was. I had to explain to him what it was and he still seemed a bit lost.

First, this doesn't inspire confidence that they're gonna give me an accurate quote. Second, this proves that I'd actually do a better/quicker job of installing it. Last, WTH?!
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Random aside on this: I went to my dealer today to drop my truck off for service. While there, I asked the guy helping me to give me a quote on the installation of the Ford Performance Tune (I'd do it myself, but I confirmed with Ford Performance's customer service dept. that it'd void the warranty unless the dealer/ASE certified technician installed it). The guy helping me out seemed completely clueless about what the FPT was. I had to explain to him what it was and he still seemed a bit lost.

First, this doesn't inspire confidence that they're gonna give me an accurate quote. Second, this proves that I'd actually do a better/quicker job of having it installed. Last, WTH?!
Would uninstalling it before service (or after an incident) hide that you installed it from Ford? Asking for a friend.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Random aside on this: I went to my dealer today to drop my truck off for service. While there, I asked the guy helping me to give me a quote on the installation of the Ford Performance Tune (I'd do it myself, but I confirmed with Ford Performance's customer service dept. that it'd void the warranty unless the dealer/ASE certified technician installed it). The guy at the dealer I was talking to seemed completely clueless about what the FPT was. I had to explain to him what it was and he still seemed a bit lost.

First, this doesn't inspire confidence that they're gonna give me an accurate quote. Second, this proves that I'd actually do a better/quicker job of installing it. Last, WTH?!
I had to go to 3 different Ford dealers before I finally found one that would install it. The other ones said that I would have to find a Ford Performance dealer or the other one told me that I could install it myself lol.

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to go to 3 different Ford dealers before I finally found one that would install it. The other ones said that I would have to find a Ford Performance dealer or the other one told me that I could install it myself lol.
Same. I told the guy I was talking to that I'd do the installation myself since it seemed straight forward enough but that I didn't want to void the warranty but that I wanted to keep warranty. Told him the instructions I've seen online are easy to follow. He come back and says, "if they give you instructions with the part, then Ford doesn't expect that only certified techs work on it. Otherwise, they wouldn't send the instructions."

While that may make some sense, it's definitely not good advice since I confirmed with Ford that it needs a professional install to keep the warranty.

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would uninstalling it before service (or after an incident) hide that you installed it from Ford? Asking for a friend.
If only. I assume it leaves a digital footprint of some sort that's caught when the diagnostic is run. If there's a way to void a warranty, you best believe the dealer knows it.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
If only. I assume it leaves a digital footprint of some sort that's caught when the diagnostic is run. If there's a way to void a warranty, you best believe the dealer knows it.
I let my Ford service department know I have a Livernois tune and he didn't care, actually wants one for his Bronco Sport. He just said to flash it back to stock when bringing it in incase they do updates. Fortunately the guys in my service department are excellent to work with.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

I am not surprised to hear this, as I have noticed that it takes some of the personal at my own preferred dealer a while to get up to speed on new stuff that comes out. When the Ranger Leveling Kit came out, I was all over it, but nobody at the dealer knew anything about it, and I had to point out the sections on the Ford Performance website where it was detailed. Part of this is because the this forum is so great that we know these things in advance of the general public, including even sometimes the dealers.

JSauce

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Schwab
I just flashed my Livernois tune today and a couple things 1. Everything said about Livernois customer service is spot on, whether it’s email, phone there’s always someone there to answer your question and fast! 2. Speaking of fast, I flashed the 91-93 octane performance tune (they give you 5 diff tunes per request) and my jaw dropped with how quick this little truck has become! I’ve owned a 95 mustang GT 5.0 with all bolt on upgrades most do and a 3.8 Genesis (rear wheel coupe) with over 330hp and Im not kidding when I say I firmly believe my tuned ranger would best them 0-60 or come very close. I’m not a racer by any means, just like my vehicles to bite a little bit :rockon:and Livernois does just that, can’t speak for the FPP tune but after sitting on the fence for a while I chose Livernois and Im glad I did!
Sponsored