First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
"Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty"

That is completely false. It is written very clearly that the "Performance Packs and Components" are what have a 3 year 36k mile warranty starting from the original vehicle warranty. This is so you can't have a truck with 100,000 miles on it, tune it and then claim Ford is responsible for footing the bill if there is an issue. Your vehicles factory warranty remains intact UNLESS they can prove that the tune was the issue and even if they DO prove that the tune was the cause of the issue, if your truck has 3 years or 36k miles or less, it is covered under warranty. This really should not even be a debate. Im sorry to hijack your thread, but this fake news bs needs to quit spreading.

E99E8A2E-1A2E-4DED-ABE7-B2C6830EE842_4_5005_c.jpeg
You have all permission to believe your own hoax but since you clearly do not want to believe for me go ahead and take the time to call for like I have already told you to do and then come back and try to tell me I'm wrong. Have a good night sir
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
To get back on topic...the tunes are flashed using identical devices and nearly identical software (hence the Livernois popup when installing the FPP tuner).
The tunes are different and so is the warranty (as has been discussed).

The Livernois folks will give you customization that Ford won't. Defeat autostartstop, skip shifts or sequential, a tow tune, different octane based performance tunes, etc. You can choose what you run and try different options.
It's entirely personal preference and choice to weigh the benefits of each tune.
They're both going to give you noticeable performance gains.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
To get back on topic...the tunes are flashed using identical devices and nearly identical software (hence the Livernois popup when installing the FPP tuner).

The Livernois folks will give you customization that Ford won't. Defeat autostartstop, skip shifts or sequential, a tow tune, different octane based performance tunes, etc. You can choose what you run and try different options.
It's entirely personal preference and choice to weigh the benefits of each tune.
They're both going to give you noticeable performance gains.
A lot of good points here. I will add that with the Tow tune from Livernois the skip shift is still there but not as much throttle is required for no skip shift.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
What does "This Performance Pack and Components" mean in the same sentence?
It means that "this performance pack and components" have a warranty of 3/36k backdated to purchase.

Not the truck. It's quite clear.

I'll take the written agreement over some dipshit phone representative's, or Frenchy's, interpretation of it any day.
Exactly. Ford used the Livernois tuner, but wrote their own tune.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
What are the pros and cons to these two? It’s tough to get past the Ford endorsed tune not messing with your warranty....

Does the Ford tune require you to always have the box plugged in?
I can't really compare them because I went straight from the stock tune to Ford Performance, but I can say that I am really happy with it, more power, smoother shifting, the truck rocks, and, yeah, it does not "mess with your warranty." I was not comfortable with the K&N filter that came with it, for fear of particles messing with the engine, and so I went back to stock filter pretty quickly, without any (apparent) loss of performance. And no, you don't have to leave the box plugged in. Some guys like to leave it on the dash to follow the readings, but I feel like I do not need to know all that stuff, and my dash is cluttered enough without it. So I just keep the unit in a box in my garage. Just for your information, the service manager at my Ford dealership advised me to always bring it with me when I come in for service in future, as the techs will need to take it back to stock to do most work and then reinstall the Performance Tune when they are done. One guy forgot to bring the unit with him, he said, and it was "a party" trying to figure out how to work on the tuned vehicle....

NWRanger

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps you did not read this very well. I highlighted a key point for you here.

Screenshot_20210314-202440.png
Don't mean to butt in here; but I read this as the warranty for the tune is 3/36k starting from when the vehicle warranty started.

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Ok. I'm assuming that self installing the ford performance tune won't affect the warranty? I'm not all about paying the shop $250 to download a file and plug the tuner into the OBD port.

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
I think you need a Ford approved professional to keep warranty.
I like a warranty, so I always do these types of mods once I'm out of warranty.
If something breaks, it's all on me.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I think you need a Ford approved professional to keep warranty.
I like a warranty, so I always do these types of mods once I'm out of warranty.
If something breaks, it's all on me.
Yep, or any ASE certified mechanic.

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I am going to ask my dealer when I go in for the 10k service. I have an 8 year warranty so I am not messing with downgrading it.

I probably won't get it anyway. I need a switch to be able to run 87 when I want. I take long road trips and don't want to pay premium gas prices just to cruise at 70 all day.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Don't mean to butt in here; but I read this as the warranty for the tune is 3/36k starting from when the vehicle warranty started.
Congratulations, you're right.

Snow3d

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Subaru Forester XT
Occupation
Human
What are the pros and cons to these two? It’s tough to get past the Ford endorsed tune not messing with your warranty....

Does the Ford tune require you to always have the box plugged in?
The biggest con that you are going to find as of today is that the tune is not compatible with the 2021s yet. No ETA from Ford, just check back around summertime was what I got last Friday. I've been pestering them since I got my truck and found out after the sale that the tune is no bueno for the 21s....yet.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Livernois tune and and really like it. Not only does it improve the performance, it's easy to install and you can do it yourself instead of paying a dealer. I talked to my dealer service writer and he has no problems with it and said don't worry about it, He's hoping to come out with one for his new Broncos Sport. I also have to mention that Livernois customer service is second to none. You call them the answer and guide you step by step. They are extremely awesome to deal with!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Everything Scott said is spot on but just wanted to add another great thing with Livernois. If you get another vehicle that Livernois tunes you can just send in your MyCal tuner and they will retune it for free, you only need to pay for the shipping. Plus if they come out with additional tunes for your vehicle you also get those for free. You really can not go wrong with their A++ customer service and lifetime tunes!

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Everything Scott said is spot on but just wanted to add another great thing with Livernois. If you get another vehicle that Livernois tunes you can just send in your MyCal tuner and they will retune it for free, you only need to pay for the shipping. Plus if they come out with additional tunes for your vehicle you also get those for free. You really can not go wrong with their A++ customer service and lifetime tunes!
+1 on those lifetime tunes. I've had them adjust my tune several times already and they are a pleasure to work with.
Sponsored