Livernois vs Ford Performance tune...

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
What are the pros and cons to these two? It’s tough to get past the Ford endorsed tune not messing with your warranty....

Does the Ford tune require you to always have the box plugged in?
Sponsored

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
U.S. Navy
I took this picture while installing my Ford Performance tune just FYI. I would assume that the Livernois may push the envelope a little more, but I can't picture it being much of a difference. All I know is the Ford Performance tune makes the truck feel much more refined, quite a bit more pull throughout the entire rpm range, they've just recently updated it so that you can tow with the tune and it would be a lot harder for Ford to point their own tune out as causing the issue to void a warranty (after the FP tune's 3yr 36k mile warranty). Just my .02. I have no doubt the Livernois tune is amazing, I just also wanted a little peace of mind on a brand new truck. Hope this helped.
FFA2EBD0-0D79-4C4A-9FE7-5E36EC4B225D_1_201_a.jpeg

OP
OP
Dinglehead

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
I took this picture while installing my Ford Performance tune just FYI. I would assume that the Livernois may push the envelope a little more, but I can't picture it being much of a difference. All I know is the Ford Performance tune makes the truck feel much more refined, quite a bit more pull throughout the entire rpm range, they've just recently updated it so that you can tow with the tune and it would be a lot harder for Ford to point their own tune out as causing the issue to void a warranty (after the FP tune's 3yr 36k mile warranty). Just my .02. I have no doubt the Livernois tune is amazing, I just also wanted a little peace of mind on a brand new truck. Hope this helped.
FFA2EBD0-0D79-4C4A-9FE7-5E36EC4B225D_1_201_a.jpeg
Does the ford tune box have too be plugged in at all times, or do you only need it while flashing the PCM?

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
No. You can put it back in the box.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
What are the pros and cons to these two? It’s tough to get past the Ford endorsed tune not messing with your warranty....

Does the Ford tune require you to always have the box plugged in?
Technically the Ford tune does mess with your warranty. It doesnt void it but it does take the powertrain warranty down to 3/36,000 and it goes off the original vehicle sale date. I have already proven this in other threads so no since in trying to argue that.

Now with that said I have the Livernois tune and I can say I love it!!! I first used the high octane performance tune but about a week or two later i switched to the tow tune when it became avalible and I feel it is just right for the truck overall. In can still tow and the MPG went up. Warranty you ask? Well you could say it did but yet did not void my warranty due to the magnasune moss warranty act. Basically saying if something happens Ford has to prove the tune was at fault.

Hope this info helps

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Technically the Ford tune does mess with your warranty. It doesnt void it but it does take the powertrain warranty down to 3/36,000 and it goes off the original vehicle sale date. I have already proven this in other threads so no since in trying to argue that.

Now with that said I have the Livernois tune and I can say I love it!!! I first used the high octane performance tune but about a week or two later i switched to the tow tune when it became avalible and I feel it is just right for the truck overall. In can still tow and the MPG went up. Warranty you ask? Well you could say it did but yet did not void my warranty due to the magnasune moss warranty act. Basically saying if something happens Ford has to prove the tune was at fault.

Hope this info helps
?‍♂?‍♂ Jesus here we go again. No it doesn't. Don't listen to him. This is from FORD not some people on the internet. Here's the link: fpp-warranty.pdf (ford.com)

1B8379D1-4943-461E-B23D-A6E578F7A90B_4_5005_c.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
?‍♂?‍♂ Jesus here we go again. No it doesn't. Don't listen to him. This is from FORD not some people on the internet. Here's the link: fpp-warranty.pdf (ford.com)

1B8379D1-4943-461E-B23D-A6E578F7A90B_4_5005_c.jpeg
Apparently you haven't talked to the lovely people over at Ford. You should give them a call. Oh and BTW I am a certified Ford technician that has already verified this. Simple as that

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Apparently you haven't talked to the lovely people over at Ford. You should give them a call. Oh and BTW I am a certified Ford technician that has already verified this. Simple as that
It's pretty clearly written. You might be a technician, but I can tell you what a lawyer would say after reading the article that is posted and published by Ford Motor Company.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's pretty clearly written. You might be a technician, but I can tell you what a lawyer would say after reading the article that is posted and published by Ford Motor Company.
Perhaps you did not read this very well. I highlighted a key point for you here.

Screenshot_20210314-202440.png

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And you are correct that it does not void the warranty. It simply down grades it. Just give Ford a call and they will inform you that I am correct on this.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
So youre telling me that if my transfer case goes out after 4 years and 50,000 miles that Ford won't cover it if I have the Ford Performance tune?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So youre telling me that if my transfer case goes out after 4 years and 50,000 miles that Ford won't cover it if I have the Ford Performance tune?
That is correct because your warranty was down graded to 3 year 36,000 miles. Do yourself a favor and call Ford tomorrow and they will confirm this for you. Remember that there is always a risk when tuning you vehicle.

the5Gmartian

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
U.S. Navy
That is correct because your warranty was down graded to 3 year 36,000 miles. Do yourself a favor and call Ford tomorrow and they will confirm this for you. Remember that there is always a risk when tuning you vehicle.
"Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty"
That is completely false. It is written very clearly that the "Performance Packs and Components" are what have a 3 year 36k mile warranty starting from the original vehicle warranty. This is so you can't have a truck with 100,000 miles on it, tune it and then claim Ford is responsible for footing the bill if there is an issue. Your vehicles factory warranty remains intact UNLESS they can prove that the tune was the issue and even if they DO prove that the tune was the cause of the issue, if your truck has 3 years or 36k miles or less, it is covered under warranty. This really should not even be a debate. Im sorry to hijack your thread, but this fake news bs needs to quit spreading.

E99E8A2E-1A2E-4DED-ABE7-B2C6830EE842_4_5005_c.jpeg
Sponsored