First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Not sure but the additional advertised HP for the Roush might be the CAI vs the Ford's K/N drop in? I wanted to use my points and keep it under the household radar so I went with Ford :) If indeed you cannot remove the Roush then the Ford kit definitely has an advantage.
How many Ford “points “ did the Ford tune cost ?
Brian
Sponsored

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Im getting the Ford Performance Tune done on monday, also have the Roush could air intake, but have jet to install it. Has anyone try to run this similar setup . Ill get the FPT on monday, and run it with the K&N for a week or so, then add the ROUSH cold air intake, and see what happens.
Please let us know what you think after trying both set ups.
Brian

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
How many Ford “points “ did the Ford tune cost ?
Brian
I got a good deal IMO. Paid list with tax it was $890, got $210 for my points. Agreement with dealer was for me to do all the download, etc. up to the point of pushing the final button on the tool that actually did the install so the warranty was saved. My dealer has two locations, one is used and oil change plus other things, batteries, etc., and they agreed that those guys could do the final thing. I took it, and we hooked up the tool and while the tool was downloading the tune the tech put in the K/N. Charged me $6.00. You can find some dealers charging hundreds to do it. I was lucky, small town dealer that I do auction driving and dealer trades and know them all well, so a pretty unique situation. Regardless I would try to get the dealer to let you do all but the last step. They should agree, prevents them from having to do all the downloads, etc.on to their computer and most probably aren't experienced in this side of the tech anyway.

v125707

First Name
ulises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FORD RANGER FX4
Occupation
Communications
Ok so after getting the FPT, I notice great response, all through the power band, great low end torque and even better gas mileage was getting 11-15 mpg ( running 33") after FPT Im getting 22mpg (crazy!!!!). After driving around and making a 300 mile trip, I was very happy with the FPT and K&N drop in filter that came with the tune. 3 days ago I finaly installed the ROUSH CAI, and I noticed allot more turbo lag at low end, but after the truck picks up boost, it really kick you back, it takes off. The issue is that the truck has more low end lag, and my MPG is down to 16mpg. It feels like the power comes, but at a higher rpm. I think the ROUSH intake works great, but I think I will be sticking with the drop in K&N instead. I think the ROUSH tune will work better for the ROUSH CAI.

20201102_142619.jpg

Goodrx

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Ok so after getting the FPT, I notice great response, all through the power band, great low end torque and even better gas mileage was getting 11-15 mpg ( running 33") after FPT Im getting 22mpg (crazy!!!!). After driving around and making a 300 mile trip, I was very happy with the FPT and K&N drop in filter that came with the tune. 3 days ago I finaly installed the ROUSH CAI, and I noticed allot more turbo lag at low end, but after the truck picks up boost, it really kick you back, it takes off. The issue is that the truck has more low end lag, and my MPG is down to 16mpg. It feels like the power comes, but at a higher rpm. I think the ROUSH intake works great, but I think I will be sticking with the drop in K&N instead. I think the ROUSH tune will work better for the ROUSH CAI.

20201102_142619.jpg
It made that much of a difference? What made you consider this tune compared to 5 star or livernois?

Reactions: Doc

Bthomas5456

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Has anything changed when you are going off road like terrain management if you have the fx4?

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Has anything changed when you are going off road like terrain management if you have the fx4?
I cant speak for those with Roush or ford performance but with Livernois most everything is the same. The only big difference is the power band. The tune should not affect the offroad performance even if you have an FX4. If it does you need to contact the tuner.

WNCblueridge

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger supercab
Occupation
Goat herder
Im getting the Ford Performance Tune done on monday, also have the Roush could air intake, but have jet to install it. Has anyone try to run this similar setup . Ill get the FPT on monday, and run it with the K&N for a week or so, then add the ROUSH cold air intake, and see what happens.
So I know you had some performance gains with the FP tune as I have the Ford tune as well. What I'm curious about is how the Ford tune worked in conjunction with Roush CAI after both were installed. Did you get any additional gains from the CAI combined after install? Thinking of getting the CAI as you mentioned to pair with Ford tune

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I know you had some performance gains with the FP tune as I have the Ford tune as well. What I'm curious about is how the Ford tune worked in conjunction with Roush CAI after both were installed. Did you get any additional gains from the CAI combined after install? Thinking of getting the CAI as you mentioned to pair with Ford tune
If there were any gains I would suspect they were minimal. Better than the factory? Most likely but still a minimal gain.

DROZ23

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Beening Badass
JB4. More power more options. Does not leave Tune history like ECU tunes. Only thing you miss out on is the Transmission tune. Doesn't matte that much, especially if you have sport mode. FPT and Rousch are $900 plus you need a installer. another $200-500 for that . JB4 gets you in the 300'sWHP and fuel flexibility from stock to E30 or Meth injection. It doesn't vin Lock either. Transferrable. I have one and is awesome. Map 4 setting 300+, Map 5 more like 320+ Whp. Vroom Vroom.

Buy the total kit about $680 With the Bluetooth module. You do have to sport for the monitoring APP. $25. worth every penny. Push button map changes on fly.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
This tread was not asking about other options, was just about comparing the two subject options, so... thanks for reviving a dead thread just to derail it.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
JB4. More power more options. Does not leave Tune history like ECU tunes. Only thing you miss out on is the Transmission tune. Doesn't matte that much, especially if you have sport mode. FPT and Rousch are $900 plus you need a installer. another $200-500 for that . JB4 gets you in the 300'sWHP and fuel flexibility from stock to E30 or Meth injection. It doesn't vin Lock either. Transferrable. I have one and is awesome. Map 4 setting 300+, Map 5 more like 320+ Whp. Vroom Vroom.

Buy the total kit about $680 With the Bluetooth module. You do have to sport for the monitoring APP. $25. worth every penny. Push button map changes on fly.
Jb4 is pure trash, its data looks like it was drawn by a 4 year old, it fakes signals beyond the capabilities of the fuel system all while doing absolutely nothing for the transmission behavior.

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Roush tune and FP will both maintain factory warranty.

If your transmission happens to go.. would 5 star or livernois buy you a new one?
Ford will only warranty it until 36/36 after that, they treat it just like an aftermarket tune, if they think it caused a failure, they can deny the warranty repair.

I had to call Ford for a clarification, he goes "it's complicated" bottom line, past 36/36 they do not have to honor the powertrain warranty, he did back it up with "it's a very conservative tune, we have not had any issues with it. (that was 2021)

I had to post this in case anybody thought the same as me, I thought I had complete warranty coverage with the Ford tune.... Not the case!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ford will only warranty it until 36/36 after that, they treat it just like an aftermarket tune, if they think it caused a failure, they can deny the warranty repair.

I had to call Ford for a clarification, he goes "it's complicated" bottom line, past 36/36 they do not have to honor the powertrain warranty, he did back it up with "it's a very conservative tune, we have not had any issues with it. (that was 2021)

I had to post this in case anybody thought the same as me, I thought I had complete warranty coverage with the Ford tune.... Not the case!
Yeah..... Too many individuals don't understand that the factory powertrain warranty is Downgraded with that particular tune even though it is still backed by Ford. Of course they also seem to get Downgraded and Void mixed up thinking they mean the same thing.
Sponsored