Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a 2022 Nissan Frontier today. I have to say, i'm impressed. On a 30 mile highway test
drive, I ended up with 24.9mpg. This was the Pro-X (aka FX2 in Ford logo)
MSRP $35,550

ranger_and_22_frontier.jpg
Life is too short to drive an ugly truck.

I get better MPG than that with my much bettet looking Ranger.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I drove a 2022 Nissan Frontier today. I have to say, i'm impressed. On a 30 mile highway test
MSRP $35,550

It looks bigger than the Ranger, and for me the Ranger borders on too big which is why I will be looking closely at the Maverick.

I won't recount my adventures with my brand new 2018 Pro-4X, but let's just say it sucked.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
If it could tow 7500lbs like the ranger and had air conditioned seats I'd trade in for it today. But alas, as far as mid sized trucks go that can tow 7500lbs - here I am.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
MSRP $35,550

Have to admit, it looks pretty good alongside the Ranger! How is the ride quality on the Nissan?

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Ok, enough posts on the Frontier. I seriously might consider trading. It would be about a $3,000 upgrade. Have to think it out.
You‘ve got a new Ranger, you don’t like it? Why not wait until next year and see what the ‘23 Ranger looks like?

BTW, Im getting 23.5 mpg combined with my Ranger

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
taking names and mental notes...going to be some blocking here pretty soon.
traitors
MSRP $35,550
Can’t really go wrong with any of the midsize truck options in my opinion. New frontier looks great. People tend to hate on what other people drive, but I say just buy what makes you happy and fits your needs.
I like that grill much better than a taco grill.
I'm not a nissan fan but I think they did a really nice job with the new frontier
The new Frontier looks amazing IMO. I would only go for Pro 4X
What do you get along the same stretch with your ranger?
I like the Frontiers- competition will bring better innovations.
I loved my 2012 Frontier! It did everything I wanted and never failed to get me back home. Lots of little details exceed what I have in the new Ranger. I have heard that some of the newer models were not so great. That new one does look pretty sharp, wish it had more tow capacity.
If it could tow 7500lbs like the ranger and had air conditioned seats I'd trade in for it today. But alas, as far as mid sized trucks go that can tow 7500lbs - here I am.
Have to admit, it looks pretty good alongside the Ranger! How is the ride quality on the Nissan?
Way ahead of you on that one, RP - here you go - just copy and paste. Don’t bother sending it to any of the Moderators, I’ve already notified the Administrator. You should probably do it quickly before they delete this offensive thread.

?

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my 2012 Frontier! It did everything I wanted and never failed to get me back home. Lots of little details exceed what I have in the new Ranger. I have heard that some of the newer models were not so great. That new one does look pretty sharp, wish it had more tow capacity.
Same here for my 2006, which I sold in 2018.
Lots of little (BIG) things included. A bullet proof factory spray in bed liner. The utilatrac system is the biggest thing I miss.
If the new one was available when I bought my Ranger it would have been a serious contender.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
When I got out of the army (1990) I drove a Nissan king cab. That engine had two spark plugs per cylinder. And the jump seats in the back faced each other that folded down, it was only a two door.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. But having owned 2 Nissan Frontiers from 2000 to 2018 I never experienced any of those problems. both bought new. In fact my 2000 had zero issues. From the day I picked it up never went back to the dealership except to trade it in for my 2006.
Now the 2006 generation had issues that should have made that list. Tranny cooler in the radiator failure resulting in pink milkshake in radiator and engine! ? but easy fix if you a secondary cooler (std with towing pkg!), was to bypass the radiator cooler and rely on just the secondary only (adding a trans temp gauge as a safety highky recommended!). Then there was faulty fuel level sending units. Had to replace mine at ~100k miles. And finally the timing chain snubbers. These could fail early, mine lasted 130k and is why I sold the truck. to Carmax.
And cmon listing the Takada airbag issue as a Nissan issue. It affected alot more than Nissan.
But I am very happy with my Ranger, it would have been a tough decision. I have no plans to sell my Ranger, hopfuly in this decade!
Not trying to thread crap you Nick, just giving a long time Nissan owner perspective.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
And it's green!
Gotta have some changeup in colors. Would be a dull sight to see black, blue, red, and white all the time!! Ford has changed up colors!

Example . . . UMMMMM.

splash.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.