2022 Nissan Frontier Revealed

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Does this appear to be a low roofline for a Pro-4x?
Maybe he's super tall.
1623170232793.png
Sponsored

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I've seen it in-person, it looks really good. The engine/trans combo is awesome (already out in the current Frontier. Way, way smoother than our combo. The brakes on the current gen are better than ours (in feel, at least) and I assume NIssan isn't going to make it worse. It'll be a strong seller, I have no doubt. Also, the aftermarket for these will be stronger because lots of aftermarket companies already on board with the existing rugged Frontier. Ford Ranger aftermarket is comparatively terrible in the suspension, aftermarket bumpers, and wheels (with correct hub sizing). NIssan will keep this truck's fundamentals for a very long time. Ford... we got 3 years here. You have to go to Australia to get good aftermarket stuff for our trucks, it seems.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Redesigned Frontier Revealed

Big improvement over the old Frontier.

Don't think I'll go running out to buy it though.

But I will give them kudos for a climate control that uses rotary KNOBS instead of tiny and nigh indistinguishable BUTTONS.

And did they almost out and out steal the wheel design from the TRD Off Road?

2022-Nissan-Frontier-17-1.jpg

2022-Nissan-Frontier-36-1.jpg
Glad to see they've made it even harder to use the cubby in front of the gear shift.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
It's a huge step up from what the old model looked like. Trying to take a slice of the truck pie, I see.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I think a bunch of design engineers sat around a table with pictures of all the trucks available today. Got out a pair of scissors and started cutting out the parts they liked. Each time it was your turn you have to do a shot of warm Saki and then place your cutout on the design board. This meeting went on for quite sometime, in fact they had to restock the Saki 4 times! Well this is the product of those efforts! The handrails now also speak for themselves ?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I've seen it in-person, it looks really good. The engine/trans combo is awesome (already out in the current Frontier. Way, way smoother than our combo. The brakes on the current gen are better than ours (in feel, at least) and I assume NIssan isn't going to make it worse. It'll be a strong seller, I have no doubt. Also, the aftermarket for these will be stronger because lots of aftermarket companies already on board with the existing rugged Frontier. Ford Ranger aftermarket is comparatively terrible in the suspension, aftermarket bumpers, and wheels (with correct hub sizing). NIssan will keep this truck's fundamentals for a very long time. Ford... we got 3 years here. You have to go to Australia to get good aftermarket stuff for our trucks, it seems.
Powertrain lacks torque for the displacement and at considerably higher RPMs than the Ranger.
1623184186677.png

1623184241635.png

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
I've driven the Nissan engine/trans combo. I like it in practice better. The 4+10 we have is noticeably clunky comparatively. Nissan tuned trans shifting quite well. I got better MPG during my test drive than I ever have in my Ranger, too... test drive wasn't forever... just 25 miles (they gave it to me for 1-hour). The Nissan engine is ripe for tuning, too... I'm told it's overbuilt like our 2.3's.

It's not going to be as good towing as the Ranger. I really don't think that mid-size truck buyers are putting towing that high on their list. It's very low on my list and everyone else I know with a mid-size's list. Sometimes not even a consideration. The most we tow is like 3,000.... motorcycles/dirtbikes.

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
Wonder how the pricing is going to be compared to the Ranger?
Sponsored