Ranger Keypad

Caliope

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger CC 4WD Lariat, 2022 Bronco Sport OB
Where did y’all locate the factory code? I can’t find mine anywhere??????
You should have received a plastic card with code on at delivery. Check the glove box and the owner's manual bundle.
That was what I got when I picked up my '10 Escape.
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
You should have received a plastic card with code on at delivery. Check the glove box and the owner's manual bundle.
If not, the dealer can look it up

Groundginger

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT (on order)
I agree. I SHOULD have. No in glove box nor owners bundle. Now the dealer wants me to bring it in and leave it while they scratch their heads.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Mine died again after the dealer changed the batteries. Two questions: 1) does anyone have a keypad that is working reliably? 2) has anyone successfully gotten a fix? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth dealing with the dealer now or whether I should wait until Ford figures this out.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I should be glad I'm still waiting on mine to arrive!

Rock 25

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Hot Pepper Red
So far, my keypad, after 3 months, no problem. After reading the info in this thread, keeping my fingers crossed!

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
Agree no issues with mine

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Same here. I picked mine up 2 months ago and it's still working just fine.

I've been wondering though if there might be a way to connect it to vehicle power rather than relying on a battery. Yes, that would involve a hole but I'm thinking that might be preferable to having to replace the battery often. Will see how long mine lasts but so far so good.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Same here. I picked mine up 2 months ago and it's still working just fine.

I've been wondering though if there might be a way to connect it to vehicle power rather than relying on a battery. Yes, that would involve a hole but I'm thinking that might be preferable to having to replace the battery often. Will see how long mine lasts but so far so good.

If you don't want to drill a hole, I can see it being moved to inside the fuel door, and a 3V power supply could be sourced to the battery from underneath the truck. Just make sure to keep everything tucked up, and put the 3V converter as close to the keypad as possible.

pboggini

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lightning Blue XL Ranger 4x2 Supercrew.
Personally, I'd rather have it on the vertically on the B-Pillar like the F150's. I wouldn't mind a hole if it was 1) sealed and 2) meant that I never had to worry about a battery:). Still, I'm happy enough with it as is as the black color of it matches a lot of things on my truck like the tonneau cover, the running boards, the mud flaps, etc. I'll probably not do anything about it as long as the battery lasts long enough for me to not have to think about it.

mURmECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 2019 Ranger
Going on 3 months and still working however I noticed this morning, the housing around the numbers are starting to fade with a few white streaks. I’m hoping I can remove it fairly easily and wrap the housing in vinyl and stick it back on. The housing plastic trim seems cheap, I would have liked it painted magnetic. Hmm, maybe I’ll just prep and paint it and call it a day forever with the keypad besides changing the battery.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Going on 3 months and still working however I noticed this morning, the housing around the numbers are starting to fade with a few white streaks. I’m hoping I can remove it fairly easily and wrap the housing in vinyl and stick it back on. The housing plastic trim seems cheap, I would have liked it painted magnetic. Hmm, maybe I’ll just prep and paint it and call it a day forever with the keypad besides changing the battery.
Second on the cheap plastic. I used the keys on my dad's truck the other day, and the whole body flexed with each button press. I'd strip it off and put it in the fuel door since it looks like something Ford sourced from Alibaba.

tgRanger

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat, 1988 Mustang GT, 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited
Vehicle Showcase
it looks like something Ford sourced from Alibaba.
Almost like it was an after thought- “oh what about a keypad we forgot, well its going to have to be a stick on battery powered one”

I mean seriously.. My 04 F150 lariat had a hard wired keypad! I’ve given up on getting one.. Imagine that battery during the winter months?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Almost like it was an after thought- “oh what about a keypad we forgot, well its going to have to be a stick on battery powered one”

I mean seriously.. My 04 F150 lariat had a hard wired keypad! I’ve given up on getting one.. Imagine that battery during the winter months?
Yeah, the stick on part is tacky (no pun intended) but there is no reason the batteries should not last a good long while. The keypads with dead batteries had to have something defective - there should be no drain on the batteries unless a button is pressed and then the current draw should be quite low.
Sponsored