Wireless Keypad

rah1975

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I just bought a new 2019 Ranger XLT Super Cab. After getting the truck home I noticed there was a keypad on the driver side door. The salesman didn't mention anything about it. I did a little research and found that it is probably wireless and to install a new code I need the factory code. I believe I should have a card with the factory code printed on it. I called the dealership and talked to the salesman and at first he said he didn't know my truck had that option. Later in the conversion he said he put the card in the slot in the user manual folder. Anyway he didn't seem too interested in finding the card and insinuated maybe I lost it. Just wondering if the techs at the dealership can retrieve the factory code some how.
IMG_20200712_195034661.jpg
Sponsored

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know, those are just stuck on with 3M tape. If you don't end up using it, you can just use floss or fishing line to strip it off. They are known to have battery issues and usually have to be replaced instead of new battery installed. Not worth the hassle IMHO.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Just so you know, those are just stuck on with 3M tape. If you don't end up using it, you can just use floss or fishing line to strip it off. They are known to have battery issues and usually have to be replaced instead of new battery installed. Not worth the hassle IMHO.
If you have one with a bad battery it will stop working pretty quick, then it will be replaced and won't be an issue again. It's not a big deal.

As far as the actual question, they should be able to look up the number. Try escalating at the dealership or contact ford customer service (I doubt they'll give it to you over the phone, but maybe they'll put some pressure on the dealership.)

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
You just spent ~ $40,000.00 at the dealership. I would insist that you want to talk to the Sales Manager or the Owner (Dealer Principal) and let that person know how unhelpful the sales person has been. These days, Franchisees live and die on Customer Satisfaction Indices from the manufacturer, DealerRater, Google and probably more.
As far as your code goes, hopefully someone on the forum knows where there is a sticker with the code on a Ranger. On a 2018 Escape it's on the passenger compartment fuse box. It may be in the same location on a Ranger. Here's more information.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
If it's factory it would be listed on your window sticker.

When you press any buttons the LED above 9-0 should light. If not it's dead and needs to be replaced anyway.

Mine was in the slot in the owner's manual folder. It's not real obvious what it is. Here's what the card looks like:

20200713_092005.jpg

OP
OP

rah1975

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Thanks to everyone for all the great information. It is very much appreciated.
Sponsored