First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
Occupation
aircraft mechanic
Inside the fuel door is a great solution, but I can't believe that Ford didn't make the fuel door lock with the truck. I'm glad I park inside at night.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Inside the fuel door is a great solution, but I can't believe that Ford didn't make the fuel door lock with the truck. I'm glad I park inside at night.
Also stinks that the Ranger doesn't have the integrated keypad like nearly every other current Ford vehicle.

Does anyone know if the truck will stop accepting codes after a certain number of attempts? So if someone were to sit there and just start punching combinations, it would eventually lock out?

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I thought of that when I moved mine, but look at it this way. Prior to it being moved, it was not only unlocked, but very visible. Being inside the fuel door, at least it is hidden

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
I didn't like the idea of putting it on the inside of the fuel door, so I chose to put it here.

IMG_20210409_172836607.jpg
If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have clicked the option when I was doing the custom order for my truck. My local hardware store can order a blank (just the actual key, not the whole assembly) for around $20.00. Then just zip tie it somewhere in case of emergency.

CF6-mech

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
Occupation
aircraft mechanic
I thought of that when I moved mine, but look at it this way. Prior to it being moved, it was not only unlocked, but very visible. Being inside the fuel door, at least it is hidden
I agree that it is a great location. I just wished my fuel door locked when I lock my vehicle.