Ranger Keypad

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
anybody have the External entry keypad on their Ranger? Is it a factory option or Dealer installed option? I see wireless Ford keypads and wondrous if they are compatible if I cannot get one unless ordered from the Factory.
Sponsored

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
My order includes the keypad and per the dealer, the DORA indicates it is a factory installed option. I'm fairly certain they can be purchased, installed and synced as a DIY thru Ford parts.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My order includes the keypad and per the dealer, the DORA indicates it is a factory installed option. I'm fairly certain they can be purchased, installed and synced as a DIY thru Ford parts.
That’s what I’m hoping! I’m waiting on a Dealer Ordered Ranger with everything I want except the keypad! As a $95 option it can be rocket science to install!

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
Don't hold me to this, but I heard that the factory keypad operates off the vehicle battery, utilizing a hole in the door panel and tapping into the wiring harness. The one available thru Ford parts is a battery operated unit. Again, simply what I "heard".

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
There is only one keypad available through Ford Accessories that is compatible with the Ranger's keyless entry system, so be sure you find the right one. However, it sounds like the one through Ford Accessories will not be available until sometime 2nd quarter. It may be slightly different from the one that is installed at the factory, and is most likely battery operated, installed with adhesive tape, so should be an easy install and not too complicated programming.

Pat McGrath

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X4 XLT Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
Are the keypads slowing up production on vehicles with this option?

bandit67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones 302
There was a stock problem back in January for a couple of weeks, but it sounds like the supplier has restocked and there shouldn't be any delays on the ones ordered from the factory from here on out.

OP
OP
chasvs

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is only one keypad available through Ford Accessories that is compatible with the Ranger's keyless entry system, so be sure you find the right one. However, it sounds like the one through Ford Accessories will not be available until sometime 2nd quarter. It may be slightly different from the one that is installed at the factory, and is most likely battery operated, installed with adhesive tape, so should be an easy install and not too complicated programming.
Yeah, that’s what I’m seeing online in the Global Ranger market. Think I may order one of the battery operated version and see how it looks and if I can get it to sync with my fob. Can always go permanent install version later if desired n

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
I had a dealer installed one on my Focus (that I traded in for the Ranger) . It is just double taped on. No holes.

https://accessories.ford.com/actuator-asy.html

Not sure if it works with the Ranger. I reached out to Ford a couple days ago to find out but no answer yet.

msclpe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone who has their Ranger with a keyless pad and if so provide a picture.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Do you know the part number of the one that works with the new Ranger? Also is the factory one hardwired or just a stick on wart? Anyone ever figure this out? Thanks!

Monty

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Factory installed Key Pad obtains power from the Drivers door wire harness and is affixed with double sided tape. The one you can purchase from the Ranger Accessories site (when back order is lifted) is battery powered and also uses double sided sticky tape.

Read the thread by @bandit67 - "There is only one keypad available through Ford Accessories that is compatible with the Ranger's keyless entry system, so be sure you find the right one. However, it sounds like the one through Ford Accessories will not be available until sometime 2nd quarter. It may be slightly different from the one that is installed at the factory, and is most likely battery operated, installed with adhesive tape, so should be an easy install and not too complicated programming"

FLEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20190327_111246.jpg
This is mine, totally worth waiting 6 months for:like:
Sponsored