Mouse Attack

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Peppermint Oil needs to become your best friend. Spray down the engine compartment once a week for several months. Get some outdoor traps (I suggest glue traps/be careful of poisons especially if you have pets). Open up your air box and check cabin filter box.....they like to nest inside those.
Do you have a special peppermint oil potion?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

OregonRangerTremor

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 ChargerDaytona
Occupation
Retired LEO/Dog Trainer
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a special peppermint oil potion?
Order 100% pure peppermint oil on Amazon. Look up on Google the mix ratio to water for rodents. I believe it was 1>10. I have used it in my RV engine bay and it has kept them away 100%. I also use glue traps outside to catch any on my lot. (I get a plastic tub, cut a small hole in it, put glue trap inside, bait it, put on lid. This way cats and dogs don't have access to it but mice and rats get stuck on the pad. If alive when you find them, dunk in bucket of water).

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Grandpa Gus from Amazon.

I spray it around the garage edges. When I leave the Ranger (or other vehicle) parked for an extended period in the garage, I'll spray the engine compartment and around the tires. My neighbor's Jeep was a victim of a rat attach a few months ago.

banerjek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Had the exact same thing happen. Except they also made a nest by the cabin filter filling it with all kinds of stuff -- including small rocks. Fortunately, no real damage and it was just a big cleanup job.

I've sprayed liberally with peppermint oil. Don't know if it helped, but they haven't come back

ambit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCAB 4x4
I added some metal mesh to my engine air intake, cabin air intake at the firewall and cabin filter. No mice this weekend

20220516_171117.jpg

20220516_171154.jpg

a33maxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Cleaned out a nest on my cabin filter a few weeks ago, and laid down some poison bait. Found this guy yesterday. May need to add some wire mesh like you guys have done.

IMG_1554.jpeg
IMG_1555.jpeg

Reactions: R_B

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I’d have to second peppermint oil. The RZR sits in the barn half the year and has never been touched. If I could spray down the entire barn I would. They make a mess of the insulation. Found one this year stuck in the shop vac, he got in but couldn’t get out. Can’t really fault them for finding shelter, but chewed wiring is where I draw the line.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Order 100% pure peppermint oil on Amazon. Look up on Google the mix ratio to water for rodents. I believe it was 1>10. I have used it in my RV engine bay and it has kept them away 100%. I also use glue traps outside to catch any on my lot. (I get a plastic tub, cut a small hole in it, put glue trap inside, bait it, put on lid. This way cats and dogs don't have access to it but mice and rats get stuck on the pad. If alive when you find them, dunk in bucket of water).
I like the tub with a hole in it to keep the traps away from the desirable critters. Good idea.

BrassSlinger

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Tremor Lariat,2017 Honda Civic
Occupation
Technician
I’d have to second peppermint oil. The RZR sits in the barn half the year and has never been touched. If I could spray down the entire barn I would. They make a mess of the insulation. Found one this year stuck in the shop vac, he got in but couldn’t get out. Can’t really fault them for finding shelter, but chewed wiring is where I draw the line.
Works for me as well. No issues after using the oil mixed with water

Jmckinley

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C Max, 2019 Ranger XLT SuperCab, Kawasaki VX 300, Mazda Miata, Damon Motorhome
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Stinky cab for a few weeks now. Today I found nest #1 on the cabin filter. Clorox wipes, straw and some shiny things they collected. Plenty of mouse poop in the filter. No dead bodies.
Nest #2 in the Jack storage area under rear drivers side seat in Scab. It’s sealed from the cab but there are four large holes leading into hollow body panels going everywhere.
Now, the big question- How to get rid of the smell?

R_B

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4WD
Occupation
Retired
I was just refreshing my little canisters under my hood yesterday when I saw this thread.
I use old CBD balm canisters from Lazarus Naturals. Maybe a Skoal can would work too.

I drill 2 holes on the bottom and about 9 holes on the top. Run a zip tie through the bottom 2 holes. Stuff with cotton and saturate with Peppermint Oil from Amazon.

Screw the lid on and zip tie them next to your battery, fuse box and the other side of the engine bay.
Knock on wood, no problems yet though I see mice traps in the neighborhood.

There is also a cat ? that's pooping on the side of my house.
Hopefully it's dead mice! ? ? ?
CBD cans with Peppermint Oil.jpg

GearHd6

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
I added some metal mesh to my engine air intake, cabin air intake at the firewall and cabin filter. No mice this weekend

20220516_171117.jpg

20220516_171154.jpg
Do you need the screening under the dash if you already have the screen on the firewall under the windshield wipers?

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Grandpa Gus from Amazon.

I spray it around the garage edges. When I leave the Ranger (or other vehicle) parked for an extended period in the garage, I'll spray the engine compartment and around the tires. My neighbor's Jeep was a victim of a rat attach a few months ago.
I use the Grandpa Gus packets too. They work wonders. I have them in the firewood pile too.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
. But so does a stray cat! Just feed it once in a while, and no more mice.
My daughter had a few stray cats around her property. It had a large barn with some high dollar quads in it, an RV an her attached garage. The cats all left. I think a neighbor was feeding them better an they never came back! Her explorer ended up getting the hvac system destroyed by mice.
Sponsored