Mouse Attack

Hickesy

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2021 STX SuperCab 4x4
Popped the hood to admire my complimentary struts :) and some little bastard has been chewing away at it. Checked all the wiring and it seems okay, truck runs fine. My 10,000 mile service is coming up soon, anything I should ask for/request/point out?

Mouse.jpg
Sponsored

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
When my truck was at the dealer a month ago to have the heater box replaced they found a mouse house under my center console! Basically right under the shift lever. So gross!! And my truck gets driven every day!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Popped the hood to admire my complimentary struts :) and some little bastard has been chewing away at it. Checked all the wiring and it seems okay, truck runs fine. My 10,000 mile service is coming up soon, anything I should ask for/request/point out?

Mouse.jpg
Same spot on my truck…I put some rat poison blocks around the engine.

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I went to war recently with mice that got into my encapsulated crawl space. I had limited success with the old snap traps, so I turned to bait. They didn’t seem to eat the stuff sold at Home Depot, so I replaced the bait with the kind in the link below and it seems to have worked. They definitely eat it and I found 2-3 dead in the floor and assume the others died elsewhere, since their activity seems to have stopped. Use it in bait boxes to keep your pets away from it and put the boxes where you see activity.

https://www.justonebitebrand.com/all-products/just-one-bite-ii-bar

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

Mouse.jpg
The little bastard sure has a lot of nerve! Next thing you know, he'll be trying to join the Forum...

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor, had a rat problem...

which also became my problem......

spent hundreds of dollars on poisons
he also trapped some of them

i bought traps too, and an air gun, and would sit on my back deck and plink off the little buggers as they foraged in the grass behind his shed.

He found out from a farmer, that antifreeze works better than any trap or poison, so he put trays of anti freeze out.
I had to watch my dogs for the poisons, plus the anti freeze now, but let me tell you, I haven't trapped one or shot one yet this year, so the antifreeze appears to have decimated the little bastards. At the peak, i was popping holes in six a day.

If you don't have an issue with cats or dogs under your truck or around it....perhaps put some little cups of it under the hood while you're parked.
This post reminds me that I must stop drinking anti-freeze...

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The only good varmint is a dead varmint
Hi Langley,

Agreed...My pest control person tracked my mouse problem to our A hole neighbor's house where they live in his bar-b-que. So Ahole opens up his grill to the sunlight and thinks it fixed the problem...NOT! So I bought a LED party light array that flashes a super bright light and installed in behind my outdoor grill. Rodents do not like the flashing bright light and have moved back over his wall. He is pissed by the light and I politely ignored him except for a Deal With It comment and get a professional to rid your place of rodents instead of using your money on the gambling tables of Las Vegas. He is a financial advisor with a gambling problem...Go figure....

This party light is also sold for about double the price on Amazon as a rodent light... I elected to buy the party light....It works!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C74HDLA?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Best,
Phil

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Mouse.jpg
Peppermint oil, dose off a cotton balls and some metal container magnet in the cab or engine bay. Rodents don't like Peppermint oil smell.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was quoting Bill Murry in caddy shack when he was out in homemade camo with 2 6 packs and a high powered rifle with a flashlight taped to it.....

I may check out those rodent light boxes but they're probably expensive since they advertise on Motor Trent TV

Peppermint oil
I read to try Irish spring soap. Put a bar or half a bar in a piece of pantyhose an tie it somewhere inside the engine bay.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was quoting Bill Murry in caddy shack when he was out in homemade camo with 2 6 packs and a high powered rifle with a flashlight taped to it.....

I may check out those rodent light boxes but they're probably expensive since they advertise on Motor Trent TV

I read to try Irish spring soap. Put a bar or half a bar in a piece of pantyhose an tie it somewhere inside the engine bay.
Hi Langley,

We use Irish Spring here for moth protection for my very expensive cowboy hats. It works!

Best,
Phil
Sponsored