OP

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Anyone know how to access the heater core. I think he died on top of that.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I've not encountered this problem, but would like to act preemptively. Can you post a pic (if possible) of that intake and how you screened it off? TIA
x2. A pic of where to place some screen would be greatly appreciated:like:

Bluestem

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Think he came it from the fresh air system. Seen some turds on the fresh air filter so changed that and sprayed peppermint oil everywhere and figured all was good until I got the smell going to work on Friday. Stuck a camera down every vent as far as I can but still can not locate. Only smell it when fan comes on. Probably going to get worst before it gets better.
if the air filter was intact it's probably not in the vents. check inlet hole under the hood (how they get down to the air filter), under the seats, glove box, etc.

patipton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
x2. A pic of where to place some screen would be greatly appreciated:like:
I don’t have pic if you lift hood take the plastic off below windshield it is right there on passenger side firewall it’s actually not that bad of a job

patipton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
I don’t have pic if you lift hood take the plastic off below windshield it is right there on passenger side firewall it’s actually not that bad of a job
It’s only a few push rivets to take out I used metal gutter screen and the foil style tape for ductwork to hold it next time I have a few minutes I’ll post pics

OP
OP

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Just a update. From the smell it is probably dead on top of the heater core. To get to it you have got to remove dash. Probably will cost 1500 dollars just in labor to do. Contacted my insurance and they will cover minus my deductible. Smell is getting better. Only bad when heater gets up to temp. Will give it a couple of weeks to see if it goes away, if not will contact dealer to have heater box taken out and cleaned.

OP
OP

tnewcomb6370

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well the dead mouse is gone. Dealer had to remove center console and seats plus pull dash out a little to get to it. Also found its nest under center console. They dropped the truck off last night at the house when they were done. Only thing I found wrong is they did not hook up the wires under the console for the four wheel drive and auto start/stop switch. Will talk to them on Monday about that but I already fixed it myself. Almost forgot, put 1/4 mess over air inlet to stop or at least slow them down from getting back in.

Last edited:

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
holy smokes! im going to get glue traps this weekend...
Sponsored