Not open for further replies.

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Sadly mine came in with shipping damage. Mishimoto sent it to their representative that deals with shipping claims.
Sponsored

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics
Can this be purchased without the "M" stencil?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

First Name
Mishimoto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Sadly mine came in with shipping damage. Mishimoto sent it to their representative that deals with shipping claims.
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! We make sure to design our packaging to withstand the treacherous shipping journey but on occasion, the shipping can be a little too tough. Looking forward to seeing the replacement installed once it arrives. Again, sorry that this happened and thank you for your patience!

Can this be purchased without the "M" stencil?
Unfortunately, we do not have an option for an intercooler without an M logo, but I'll shoot you a PM!

-Nick

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone with aFE Charge pipes please note: My cold side tube would not line up with the Mishimoto intercooler - as it was about 1 inch off from lining up with the throttle body.

I ended up having to reuse my old stock pipe.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Everyone with aFE Charge pipes please note: My cold side tube would not line up with the Mishimoto intercooler - as it was about 1 inch off from lining up with the throttle body.

I ended up having to reuse my old stock pipe.
I had zero issues. I have the afe charge pipes and they fit up just fine. Try loosening all the connections and tightening it all up once the tubes are mated. Everything fits in the stock positions so there should be no fitment problems

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i[/QUOTE]
I had zero issues. I have the afe charge pipes and they fit up just fine. Try loosening all the connections and tightening it all up once the tubes are mated. Everything fits in the stock positions so there should be no fitment problems
Lol I tried everything and loosening the connections was the very first thing.. Must be a manufacturing defect on my intercooler or cold side pipe. Here’s where it was after mounting to the mishimoto IC. You can see here how off it was from lining up with the throttle body.
E3418A3B-819E-4D2C-8F31-779841B5FB32.jpeg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician

Lol I tried everything and loosening the connections was the very first thing.. Must be a manufacturing defect on my intercooler or cold side pipe. Here’s where it was after mounting to the mishimoto IC. You can see here how off it was from lining up with the throttle body.

[/QUOTE]
I would say an issue with AFE. To say the least I have not been impressed with thier products over the years.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4

[/QUOTE]
When you installed the intercooler did you put the rubber gromits back on properly??

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had a very experienced mechanic who works on all the Rangers in the southeast ranger Facebook group do the install. He’s done about 4 intercooler installs on Rangers by now.

He tried everything and we both troubleshot and tried to find a solution other than going back to the stock pipe.

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Idk if I want to try or pay a shop!
If you remove the entire front facia it fits just fine... Except I couldn't get to two screws after installing the intercooler to secure the facia... Whatever though it's all right even without those two

GrumpyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! We make sure to design our packaging to withstand the treacherous shipping journey but on occasion, the shipping can be a little too tough. Looking forward to seeing the replacement installed once it arrives. Again, sorry that this happened and thank you for your patience!

Unfortunately, we do not have an option for an intercooler without an M logo, but I'll shoot you a PM!

-Nick
Your guys install instructions. Thought mostly helpful, it left alot of helpful details out.

Other than replacing the spark plugs on a old ford triton V10 f series this was definitely the install that was tightest n needed multiple bandaids on fingers n knuckles

gameovergt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Rander
Occupation
IT Security
Your guys install instructions. Thought mostly helpful, it left alot of helpful details out.

Other than replacing the spark plugs on a old ford triton V10 f series this was definitely the install that was tightest n needed multiple bandaids on fingers n knuckles
Where are the install instructions? I haven't removed/looked at everything in box yet.

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
One thing to note after doing my install, removing the facia probably would have been a whole lot easier if I had taken off my skid plate. So if you have a front skid plate I suggest taking it off for easier access to the facia fasteners.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.