Not open for further replies.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Mountune now comes with the charge pipes as part of the kit.

1634311865780.png
looks nice, too bad it was not available when I was doing it or else I would have gone that way. got a good deal on the intercooler at the time
Sponsored

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
Mountune now comes with the charge pipes as part of the kit.

1634311865780.png
They have always had pipes included because they use a different connector then stock. But the ones included are not upgraded, flow is the same as stock.

4rd SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT, Ford Performance, Winter-Beaters
Also, they have a VERY close relationship with Ford Racing, so much so that Ford sells their products backed by a Ford warranty.

Mountune is not as well known in the states as they should be.

Given a choice between the two, and all things being equal I'd put Mountune products on my Ford before the Mishinoto myself.

Also unaffiliated, and never used either product.
You make a good point-

For me, it sometimes comes down to preference, design, and the install process... besides the cost.

I have both Mishi & Mountune parts installed on my RS... but with the Ranger I've got aFe to consider now.
Although I've had issues with both Mishi & aFe already.

aFe
- took over two months to receive the simple plastic snorkle intake. No notice... nothing... I completely forgot I had ordered it due to the "day-after-Christmas" sale/discount.
Mishi- Item says "in-stock" when I placed my order; then two weeks go by... "nothing". Found out they "cancelled" my order without notifying me for a vendor's "group" order.
Basically was sarcastic when I called them asking where did my order "go"... while they still had my money!

Last edited:

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
The heat as it relates to these heat exchangers fall under mechanical engineering. As a mechanical engineering student I have taken thermodynamics, heat transfer, and next is experimental thermal sciences where we design and test heat exchangers. I love how mishi shows the R&D behind what they are making, how they make it, and why they make it. I also like that mountune has experience with this 2.3 engine so they both weigh heavy in their respective regards. I was told that the stock ic's on the 2.3 are crap and the first thing I should do is replace it. I would be happy with either one. More customer feedback and testing would help as well.

theanswer3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Vehicle Showcase
The heat as it relates to these heat exchangers fall under mechanical engineering. As a mechanical engineering student I have taken thermodynamics, heat transfer, and next is experimental thermal sciences where we design and test heat exchangers. I love how mishi shows the R&D behind what they are making, how they make it, and why they make it. I also like that mountune has experience with this 2.3 engine so they both weigh heavy in their respective regards. I was told that the stock ic's on the 2.3 are crap and the first thing I should do is replace it. I would be happy with either one. More customer feedback and testing would help as well.
That was true on the earlier motors but our IC is actually pretty good stock. I would say it is not the mote pressing need out of the box.

joseywales

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
Research scientist
Vehicle Showcase
They have always had pipes included because they use a different connector then stock. But the ones included are not upgraded, flow is the same as stock.
Oh glad you mentioned that. So there is no increase in flow with mountune? with Mishi, the charge pipes are a little larger for greater flow in comparison to mountune?

CVF is still in the works with their intercooler?

also sideline question, hopefully some may know the likelihood of this question
- Do you think that a new intercooler would void warranty? I know i should ask the individual dealership at which i purchased, just didnt know if anyone had experience with dealing with the warranty and a new intercooler. I was speaking to a service representative at the dealership I bouhgt my truck about upgrades etc and he was saying that as long as its not dealing with "sensors" ecu, drivetrain etc it usually wouldnt void the warranty. I will eventually ask the sales manager/service manager etc and get more input. Just wanted to see what you guys have dealt with

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
That was true on the earlier motors but our IC is actually pretty good stock. I would say it is not the mote pressing need out of the box.
I'll upgrade the pipes first then the ic next spring for the summer. I think I'm going with mishi.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
You make a good point-

For me, it sometimes comes down to preference, design, and the install process... besides the cost.

I have both Mishi & Mountune parts installed on my RS... but with the Ranger I've got aFe to consider now.
Although I've had issues with both Mishi & aFe already.

aFe
- took over two months to receive the simple plastic snorkle intake. No notice... nothing... I completely forgot I had ordered it due to the "day-after-Christmas" sale/discount.
Mishi- Item says "in-stock" when I placed my order; then two weeks go by... "nothing". Found out they "cancelled" my order without notifying me for a vendor's "group" order.
Basically was sarcastic when I called them asking where did my order "go"... while they still had my money!
Absolutely.

Preference, design, and install process are always a consideration. Which is why I said, "all things being equal."

Don't get me started on EVERYBODIES lack of customer service over the last 2 years.

Mrmonk7663

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Oh glad you mentioned that. So there is no increase in flow with mountune? with Mishi, the charge pipes are a little larger for greater flow in comparison to mountune?

CVF is still in the works with their intercooler?

also sideline question, hopefully some may know the likelihood of this question
- Do you think that a new intercooler would void warranty? I know i should ask the individual dealership at which i purchased, just didnt know if anyone had experience with dealing with the warranty and a new intercooler. I was speaking to a service representative at the dealership I bouhgt my truck about upgrades etc and he was saying that as long as its not dealing with "sensors" ecu, drivetrain etc it usually wouldnt void the warranty. I will eventually ask the sales manager/service manager etc and get more input. Just wanted to see what you guys have dealt with
Yes it is. I will be doing an install write up soon. Should be coming to market sooner than later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.