First Name
jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
FBI
It really wakes the truck up even in this 115 degree heat! ?
I take it that you fully endorse this tune AZ? I've been thinking about buying their tune over others and their price at right around $500 is reasonable. Is there discounts I'm not aware of?

Btw, who the heck is this Sid and why is he in jail? Is he friends with James Woods?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I take it that you fully endorse this tune AZ? I've been thinking about buying their tune over others and their price at right around $500 is reasonable. Is there discounts I'm not aware of?

Btw, who the heck is this Sid and why is he in jail? Is he friends with James Woods?
I just installed it last Monday after procrastinating between this one and Unleashed. I know that Unleashed is top notch too from everything @Doc has said and posted but I went with Livernois because of their phone support and their great customer service. Yes it's $500.00 for unlimited tunes (I received 5) and lifetime free updates. If you ever sell and get another vehicle that they tune they will re-tune your My Calibrator Tuner for free, just pay the shipping to and from and provide them with the bill of sale.

Sid, well he was a well respected member/friend here who's banned but still with us in spirit. ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I just installed it last Monday after procrastinating between this one and Unleashed. I know that Unleashed is top notch too from everything @Doc has said and posted but I went with Livernois because of their phone support and their great customer service. Yes it's $500.00 for unlimited tunes (I received 5) and lifetime free updates. If you ever sell and get another vehicle that they tune they will re-tune your My Calibrator Tuner for free, just pay the shipping to and from and provide them with the bill of sale.

Sid, well he was a well respected member/friend here who's banned but still with us in spirit. ?
Holy cow!
What on earth does one do to get banned from this forum?
Did he trade his Ranger for a Nissan?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired

Best mod for the money is a tune..my 93 octane tune makes 388 lb/ft of torque to the rear wheels and no other mods. That’s more than my SS 396 Chevelle made..my truck was the R&D truck for Unleashed...
Regards
Doc
EDIT: chevelle ET 14.2 in the quarter
ranger is 13.99 with piss poor traction..2.19 60 ft.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
From reading all 35 pages here is what I gathered, some may have been covered but these seemed like questions most were wondering about:

Here's some shots of the gauges for those that are curious. There are many to choose from

Also earlier in the thread I read about clearing the KAM after removing the tune to further remove any trace of the tune. Looks like we might have a function for that but didn't try.

Also noticed when I locked the truck to run and get tacos the screen shut off in about 5 min. Confirming for those keeping it plugged in that it does shut off.

Last noticed the tire size is off should be 661 but Ford has at 683, prob what's inflating my gas mileage readings

I don't have the tune yet and will post back when I get to see how it feels

IMG_20200817_203832.jpg

MVIMG_20200817_195917.jpg

IMG_20200817_200107.jpg

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So, I received my tunes from Livernois. Before I flash I wanted to ask your input. Did any of you notice much of a difference between the performqnce tunes and the performance tunes with soft shift? How about the differences between the various octane tunes? Last question, did any calibrate for larger tires? Do we need the revs for the tire or the circumference? Did the recalibration for tires throw any flags or codes? Just getting my info ready for the flash. I appreciate the help.

Reactions: Doc

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So, I received my tunes from Livernois. Before I flash I wanted to ask your input. Did any of you notice much of a difference between the performqnce tunes and the performance tunes with soft shift? How about the differences between the various octane tunes? Last question, did any calibrate for larger tires? Do we need the revs for the tire or the circumference? Did the recalibration for tires throw any flags or codes? Just getting my info ready for the flash. I appreciate the help.

I didn't mess around with the tunes and went right for the gold,91-93 performance tune. I figured I bought this tune for maximum performance might as well start there. The shifts are a little harsh at first but mine smoothed out nicely after about 100 miles or so. Now 1st-2nd still shift hard but that's only if you're easy on the gas, give it a little more and it'll skip 2nd like the stock Ranger.

There are setting in there so you can change the tire size/speedo. I think Anthony gave me a tune file that was already calibrated for this because mine reads dead on now where before it was 3-4 mph off. Just add to your email what size tires you have and I think they'll do it for you but it's easy to change.

Lastly there were no codes to worry about just upload your new tunes and have fun! ? Personally I would start with the 91-93 performance tune and see how you like it. I doubt you'll want to go backwards.

ShawnYZ250F

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired US Air Force, Defense Contractor Now
I've only used the 87-89s and towing tunes. First was the normal 87-89 and for my driving style the shifting was too much. After a week I switched to the towing and really like it better. Then I emailed for the soft shift 87-89. That's what I've been running and really like it. Seems to have the same get up but smoother.

I also changed my tires to Ridge Grapplers 285/70r17 and have the tire (Rev/Mile) set to 636. It's real close using a gps app.

toddyfunk

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat Ranger Tremor, Tech 501a, Tow
Occupation
IT Management
Alright you jerks. After reading through 35 pages here I bit the bullet and ordered mine last night! I hope you're really happy with yourselves making a guy spend money like this. Lmao

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Alright you jerks. After reading through 35 pages here I bit the bullet and ordered mine last night! I hope you're really happy with yourselves making a guy spend money like this. Lmao
Don't feel so bad that's how they got me too! Trust me it's worth it as this tune really wakes up the Ranger and Livernois customer service it A+.

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Reporting back. Got the tune installed and all I gotta say is wow. With my other mods this thing is a beast now

Exactly what I expected and hoped for. Would recommend, especially for the seamless program it has on the computer and the support/customer service

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Gotta say I'm feeling downright giddy. :devil:

I'll be even giddier when my tune arrives in my inbox. :crazy:

Let's get even more on the Crazy Train!!

Last edited:

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my tune today so I'll check performance as the days go by. I have a question to you guys running larger (taller) tires. What rev did you adjust to? I installed 33" BFGs on the truck and it was reading maybe 3 or 4 mph less than actual speed (I was going faster than speedo indicated), and this also brought my indicated miles per gallon down. I saw my tire's revs should be 617 according to BFG. I flashed that number in and checked against a gps. almost 3 to 4 mph off ( I was going slower than speedo read out. I kept adjusting revs until I got to 640. Dead on at 45, 50, 55, 60 mph. Just curious as to what revs you are adjusted for for larger tires.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Don't feel so bad that's how they got me too! Trust me it's worth it as this tune really wakes up the Ranger and Livernois customer service it A+.
Personally, I think @AzScorpion is a company man and works the SW US area ;)
Sponsored