Leather interior parts coming apart in xlt

tjanok

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I dont know, hope fully someone else can chime in. I thought there was only 2 different colors: ebony and stone. Not too sure what the ebony/ash is
I ended up ordering the ebony/ash, and it's the stitched verison (for the same price as the XL/T one...) For anyone curious.

PXL_20201017_155930504.jpg
Sponsored

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I also replaced the XLT with the Lariat leather stitched armrest cover - Part # KB3Z-2106024-BA . Took less than 15 minutes to install

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So it just comes as a whole unit? Full top?

OP
OP
Stic-o

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So I went to a different dealership, and they are replacing both under warranty.:thumbsup:

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 - Gots mods
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks for this thread. My XLT armrest has zero padding and I'm hoping the Lariat upgrade improves it maybe a bit. Plus it'll match the Leather steering wheel.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Some of the lariat stuff isn’t the best. My armrest is ok for now, but stitching is coming out of my wheel and a seat... also I had a nasty mark on my passenger seat that looks like it was “repaired”

image.jpg

image.jpg

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
I find the padding on the Lariat arm rest ok..... I try not to actually rest too much weight on her tho... makes a bit of a weird distressed plastic noise... someone had a thread about a pad they got for theirs that seemed well liked by most people...

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
1601388555279.png

Not to bad when warranty is done. Out of curiosity.
This has been added to my Nice to have list.
Wow 1/yr latter an price is $20 more.
1630849172788.png

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Some of the lariat stuff isn’t the best. My armrest is ok for now, but stitching is coming out of my wheel and a seat... also I had a nasty mark on my passenger seat that looks like it was “repaired”

image.jpg

image.jpg
That blemish in the second photo is a repair the cow made before donating it's hide to be used as upholstery.
Maybe it will do a better job next time.
Or... maybe there won't be a next time.

Tuckcheis

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
A lot of the console lids are doing that. I replaced mine already. I replaced a customer of mine as well took 30 days to get his in. Pictures are not required by Ford for the console lid by the way. No prior approval needed
I have a 2020 ranger lariat. I need to replace my center console lid. I have the back piece pulled off, and the 4 screws removed that hold the lid on, but something else has to come apart to get the console lid out of the console. Is it possible for you to share with me, how you got the console lid out of the console. I can't find a video or anything, anywhere. Thank you, Chuck

Tuckcheis

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
A lot of the console lids are doing that. I replaced mine already. I replaced a customer of mine as well took 30 days to get his in. Pictures are not required by Ford for the console lid by the way. No prior approval needed
Can you possibly post a video, or good explanation how to R&R the console lid? I have the very back piece of the console lid off, and the 4 screws out of the console lid, but something else has to come apart to remove the console lid. I'm stuck, and can't find a video or anything else.

RangerPhx

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor 4X4
Can you possibly post a video, or good explanation how to R&R the console lid? I have the very back piece of the console lid off, and the 4 screws out of the console lid, but something else has to come apart to remove the console lid. I'm stuck, and can't find a video or anything else.
Chuck, Did you ever manage to get yours apart? I need to do the same soon. Curious what the next step is to get this pulled out.
Sponsored