Interior light stays on

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
I admire your patience.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
I admire your patience.
Thanks, but there is not anything I can do about it. It's a coding change, not a spare part. Thankfully, we have a second vehicle. I'm of course disappointed but I'm guessing it's not just my truck that's affected so the coding change (and there are probably other changes) will take time.

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
View attachment 24396

Finally got it back. Took a new BCM and new programming. Would have thought they would have washed it after storing it outside for 3 weeks. Dirty inside as well, but at least it is fixed.

20191115_100938.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement
View attachment 24396

Finally got it back. Took a new BCM and new programming. Would have thought they would have washed it after storing it outside for 3 weeks. Dirty inside as well, but at least it is fixed.

20191115_100938.jpg
Did this fix the problem? I just picked up a 2019 supercab XLT last Friday and I have the same issue. More than once I've noticed the interior lights on 2 hrs after parking it. Fortunately it has not hurt my battery yet. I want to get this resolved before I end up with a dead battery.

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far it seems to have worked. I didn't really notice the lights staying on when I parked it (although I did notice once when I just opened the door and closed it and the map light wouldn't go off), but the map light never went off when I started it after sitting for a while (like overnight or maybe a few hours). You could toggle the map switch and then it would go off. Only the map light would stay on, the overhead light (which should go off with the map light) would switch off by itself.

good luck

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement
So far it seems to have worked. I didn't really notice the lights staying on when I parked it (although I did notice once when I just opened the door and closed it and the map light wouldn't go off), but the map light never went off when I started it after sitting for a while (like overnight or maybe a few hours). You could toggle the map switch and then it would go off. Only the map light would stay on, the overhead light (which should go off with the map light) would switch off by itself.

good luck
Thanks for the response. The light staying on while driving is bad enough but having to stand there to make sure the light turns off when I park it is a real pain in the butt. I will inform my service manager of your fix and have him try the hot line and see what happens.

OP
OP
mike

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the response. The light staying on while driving is bad enough but having to stand there to make sure the light turns off when I park it is a real pain in the butt. I will inform my service manager of your fix and have him try the hot line and see what happens.
Shouldn't be a problem to get it fixed. There is no way they did a code change just for my one instance and yours show that it's not a one time thing. At least you shouldn't have to wait over 3 weeks waiting on code. New BCM and code update and you should be good to go.

RONR11

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranget
Had my tk detailed yesterday and now interior lights don’t work. Fuse is good. Humm

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I have the opposite problem, the lights don't turn on at all unless the truck is running and the key is on. Even when remote started, I open the door, nothing, put the key in, nothing, but as soon as I turn the key on, the lights all come on. They go out as soon as the door is shut.

It doesn't honk when you lock it either, but I'm actually OK with that since I get in and out of my truck a lot at night in campgrounds, and honking every time you press the lock button gets obnoxious.

This is with the toggle switch in the "flat" position.

mahatma

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
yep, got map lights that behave strangely. Staying on or off based on how the truck is started (via remote or using key) or when stopped.
Is the switch off position flat or depressed ?
Could this be a software glitch.

Dreadnaught

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My truck just started doing this too. I have to manually hit the reading light to turn it off once the car is running

harringtondav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 2014 Dodge Dart Aero DDCT
Strange. I get in and the interior light comes on as it should with the switch in the flat middle position. Start the truck, put it in gear, head down the road... at no point does the light go out. Toggle the interior switch to "on" then back to the flat/middle position and it goes out.

I have looked around at all the other settings and interior switches and don't see anything thag would cause this. Thoughts?
I had the same issue. I took my Ranger back to the sales guy who gave me a good pre-flight before I took the truck. I suspected operator error, and it was....I think. When my light stayed on it was dark in the garage, so I fumbled around. I ended up toggling that switch to one side, and turned that dome light off manually.

At the dealer the guy set the rocker back to center, and all was, and is well. ...Pretty sure it was centered when the problem started. Also if a door is ajar, the dome light may stay on. My SuperCab rear passenger door switch is on the ragged edge of false alerts. Dome light sometime stays on.

k1w1t1m

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
It doesn't honk when you lock it either, but I'm actually OK with that since I get in and out of my truck a lot at night in campgrounds, and honking every time you press the lock button gets obnoxious.
I don't know anything about the lights but you are aware that one push on the lock button of the fob will lock the truck, a second push of the fob lock button will give you the horn confirmation.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I don't know anything about the lights but you are aware that one push on the lock button of the fob will lock the truck, a second push of the fob lock button will give you the horn confirmation.

Not on mine :) No amount of pushing the lock button will beep the horn, and no amount of pushing the lock or unlock buttons cause any lights on the truck to come on or off.

It did, but I feel like it hasn't done it since around the time I got the transmission TSB done, or so. Which has been a while.

I haven't done anything to fix it because I kind of like not waking everyone up when I accidentally push the lock button at 2AM in a campground.

The panic button still works though :)
Sponsored