First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Installed the Eibachs today. Kudo's to who ever suggested using a ratchet strap to compress them. At first I tried to bolt the top and compress by hand, but there was no way. They are very stiff. Ratchet did the trick. Once I did that the install was pretty easy without jack or removing tire. Just be sure to get the nut back in the slot properly before securing bolt.
Sponsored

danotech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Just ordered the last two from Stage 3 in stock! After reading you guys swayed (pun intended) me. I will be towing a 3100lb trailer this summer and am looking for improvement during that and just in general.

Reactions: Doc

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Just ordered the last two from Stage 3 in stock! After reading you guys swayed (pun intended) me. I will be towing a 3100lb trailer this summer and am looking for improvement during that and just in general.
You will not be sorry! I just competed a 4700 mile trip from Wisconsin to Arizona and back pulling my 4000 lb TT. Got the Billsteins on the back of my FX4. Handled the winds across Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico fabulously. Felt it but no sway or wobbles.

thellamafarm

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 19' XLT
Got mine installed tonight. Rachet method is the best. With a gibson exhaust I had plenty of room. Hardest part was messing with rachet straps...

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
I did a modified approach to compressing the bilsteins. I had the ratchet strap slip off so I used zip ties in the eyelet to hold it in place. I installed them on my 2020 ranger with muscle and my shoulder hurt for a few days. This time around on my 2021 I'm working smarter not harder ?

20210527_194003.jpg

danotech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Got my shocks in and installed this afternoon. I just muscles them up. Not the easiest but with a screwdriver to pry the last little bit to line up the hole was not too bad. Checked the ride height before and after and the measurement changed just a bit more than a quarter inch. Went for a little ride after and the bob is gone.
As I was coming back I remembered I'd left my other phone on the bumper step. Check out the picture! Buying a lottery ticket later.

0C5120FB-E1CF-4864-89EA-2A8A44676AC6.jpeg

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
I only remembered to check 1 side before installing the Eibachs, and about 1/4 inch rise, so basically the same. After a week or so of driving, it's definitely firm. No more floating. I can live with the front for now. Need to step away from the wallet for a while.

Rowdy Ranger

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lighting Blue Ranger
Occupation
Certified Welder
Anyone still driving around on stock rear shocks on a Ranger just doesn't understand what they're missing in swapping the rear shocks with pretty much any aftermarket shock. I don't understand why Ford sent the Ranger out with the current shock and can't imagine how many people have test driven and walked away without buying one merely because of the sloppy rear handling.
Are You refuring to the standard shock or the FX Performance Tuned shock? Just asking because I traded my 2019 2wd Sport in for a 2021 2wd FX2 which has the FX's shocks on it.

danotech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Are You refuring to the standard shock or the FX Performance Tuned shock? Just asking because I traded my 2019 2wd Sport in for a 2021 2wd FX2 which has the FX's shocks on it.

I just took off the FX shocks. Way too much wallowing. Bilsteindo the trick.

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Interestingly, I noticed very little change with just the rears (the fronts are still on backorder, so haven't tried with both). This might have to do with a canopy on the back though (~350 pounds).

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
After staring at a pair of 5100’s laying on my garage floor for 3 months, I finally gave up on doing it myself and had my local shop install them today. Truck definitely feels more solid on the road, but I need more time in the seat. The truck is still bouncy when I go head first and off angle into my uphill driveway. May have to do the fronts to fix that. Look forward to seeing how it feels with a load in the bed.
Sponsored

Last edited: