First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat
Occupation
Self Employed
Installed a set of Eibach lift blocks over my lunch break at work. I previously installed a 2" leveling kit and was not too happy with the "leveled" look afterwards. Wanted to install these to add back a slight amount of rake. Pretty happy with how it turned out and adding some rake back into the mix makes it drive/ride way better.

Before (with stock tires);

LPhwN0B.jpg

After (with 275/65R18 tires);

5td6sUm.jpg
Sponsored

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
Much better! That's the biggest reason I haven't gone with a level lift yet, I want to retain some rake.

OP
OP
I_smell_like_diesel

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Much better! That's the biggest reason I haven't gone with a level lift yet, I want to retain some rake.
Yup, I bought a 2" kit to try and retain some. But that wasn't the case. 1" in the rear was a great improvement.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Explorer Sport

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well this peaked my interest so I decided to also see if anyone had an add-a-leaf and it looks like they do. Found one vendor. Called them and we can specify 1-1.5" lift instead of 1.5-2" in the order comments. I'm gonna go this route for the extra load capacity for overlanding. Just in case anyone is interested.

https://autospringkits.com/product/2019-ford-ranger-rear-add-a-leaf-kit/

OP
OP
I_smell_like_diesel

I_smell_like_diesel

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Well this peaked my interest so I decided to also see if anyone had an add-a-leaf and it looks like they do. Found one vendor. Called them and we can specify 1-1.5" lift instead of 1.5-2" in the order comments. I'm gonna go this route for the extra load capacity for overlanding. Just in case anyone is interested.

Nice! That's a good deal for a quality looking add a leaf kit. Plus, shouldn't be too hard to go that route either, since you're not having to worry about keeping a leaf pack compressed while removing the center pin/bolt. Would be a great "kill tow birds, with one stone" upgrade if you're going to be hauling often.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! That's a good deal for a quality looking add a leaf kit. Plus, shouldn't be too hard to go that route either, since you're not having to worry about keeping a leaf pack compressed while removing the center pin/bolt. Would be a great "kill tow birds, with one stone" upgrade if you're going to be hauling often.
Yes sir. And for the record, I have no issue with blocks and I think these Eibach ones are a great solution at a great price for anyone looking. I just like the idea of a little less rear squatting once I have a RTT, mountain bike, kayak, fuel, fridge, etc. loaded on the back of my truck using the AAL.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase

I wonder about the extra load capacity, won't you over run the tire rating? I was under the impression that the true weight restriction came from the tires load rating with the rate of the vehicle. Unless I missed understood.

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder about the extra load capacity, won't you over run the tire rating? I was under the impression that the true weight restriction came from the tires load rating with the rate of the vehicle. Unless I missed understood.
Yea you're absolutely right. But I won't be exceeding the actual load rating. In fact, I'll be well under that. I'm not going with the AAL to actually increase my load capacity, but rather to decrease rear sag within a given load range. I'm probably looking at 500-600lbs of payload in the rear fully loaded for a trip so this will just ensure that I maintain a nice stance with no sag in the rear.
Aluminum bed rack - 38 lbs
Kayak - 68 lbs
ARB 63 qt - 90 lbs loaded with food
iKamper X-cover RTT - 120 lbs
Hi Lift - 30lbs
5 gallons fuel - 30 lbs
Extra camp/misc stuff shouldn't exceed 200 lbs.

First Ford

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Fx4
Vehicle Showcase
Yea you're absolutely right. But I won't be exceeding the actual load rating. In fact, I'll be well under that. I'm not going with the AAL to actually increase my load capacity, but rather to decrease rear sag within a given load range. I'm probably looking at 500-600lbs of payload in the rear fully loaded for a trip so this will just ensure that I maintain a nice stance with no sag in the rear.
Aluminum bed rack - 38 lbs
Kayak - 68 lbs
ARB 63 qt - 90 lbs loaded with food
iKamper X-cover RTT - 120 lbs
Hi Lift - 30lbs
5 gallons fuel - 30 lbs
Extra camp/misc stuff shouldn't exceed 200 lbs.

Thanks! I just saw them advertising adding 750 lbs payload capacity and I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything. It seemed misleading. I totally get not wanting the sag. Totally worth it from that aspect.

Hack_Actual

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Which springs did you get? I mean the smaller lift ones or the larger?

HoosierT

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm very interested in your feedback post-install.
Got them put on this morning. The instructions suck but I love the result. Definitely a little stiffer in the rear.

E4E1EACF-FA3C-4519-B4E1-142F09C08A88.jpeg
Sponsored