Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
There is a doctor at work that has been on me about getting the vaccine. I told him I might consider it at the end of the year when more is known about possible effects. During that time I observed family and co-workers that had been vaccinated. When the Delta variant started increasing, I began seriously researching information on each vaccine. I recently saw the same doctor who, once again, asked me if i had gotten the shot. I told him that since I had observed all of them that had it, and not one had grown three heads:shock: I would probably get it. I received my J&J vaccine August 4th. I did feel like I had the flu for 1 1/2 days, otherwise I feel great. I do believe in doing things naturally when able though. I also take no medications.
Take care of yourselves. Educate yourselves. And do what you feel is best for you regarding the vaccine. (Hopefully, ya’ll won’t have to deal with three Tracy Bowmans - time will tell!:LOL:).
I had the shots. Not a big deal. Just a little headache is all.

FD8A1337-73DC-459F-92D9-426EA42063E8.png
Sponsored

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Glad you're feeling better. Get well soon.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I had the shots. Not a big deal. Just a little headache is all.

FD8A1337-73DC-459F-92D9-426EA42063E8.png
I did feel like crap the day after my second shot and went home from work at lunch since we weren't busy anyway. OTOH, my sister got the same vaccine and got seriously messed up from it. It triggered an autoimmune disorder called polymyalgia rheumatica and she will have to be on prednisone for anywhere from 6 months to 5 years, they just don't know. I'm not getting any more shots.

Last edited:

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Mark, I am so sorry for the loss of your father. I know this has been hard. God bless you and your family.
Thanks Tracy I do appreciate the support from every one here and my good family, friends and coworkers.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Glad you and your girlfriend are feeling better. Since my wife is a cancer patient I was just curious if you got that sick after being vaccinated. Sorry to put you on the spot. Most people don’t have a problem declaring what side of the vaccine debate they are on. After the doctors told us if she got Covid she would likely die from it my outlook changed. Everyone’s situation is different.
No problem Rick you didn't put me on the spot. :fistbump: Several had asked yesterday but I just didn't want this to turn into a big debate. But I can see how it may be useful for some to know in their guidance towards getting vaxxed.

For me the biggest fear is the unknown of what it's going to do to your body down the road and there is no Dr who can give you an honest answer to this. J&J just paid out billions for a talcum powder lawsuit for causing cancer and now they're saying if you took Zantac it may have caused that too. I took it back in the late 80's.:shock: I guess my point is big Pharma doesn't care about paying out a few billion when they're making hundreds of billions on their drugs. It is a very tough decision to make and either way you will second guess yourself. Trust me I'm petrified to catch it again because it was the worst pain I've ever encountered and there's still no telling if there will be lingering effects. I'm just grateful it never got into my respiratory system.

Last edited:

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
No problem Rick you didn't put me on the spot. :fistbump: Several had asked yesterday but I just didn't want this to turn into a big debate. But I can see how it may be useful for some to know in their guidance towards getting vaxxed.

For me the biggest fear is the unknown of what it's going to do to your body down the road and there is no Dr who can give you an honest answer to this. J&J just paid out billions for a talcum powder lawsuit for causing cancer and now they're saying if you took Zantac it may have caused that too. I took it back in the late 80's.:shock: I guess my point is big Pharma doesn't care about paying out a few billion when they're making hundreds of billions other drugs. It is a very tough decision to make and either way you will second guess yourself. Trust me I'm petrified to catch it again because it was the worst pain I've ever encountered and there's still no telling if there will be lingering effects. I'm just grateful it never got into my respiratory system.
Thanks Dave. The best part of this forum is all of us understanding each other. I’ve never seen another forum like this anywhere. For now it’s a special place.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Its so funny seeing all of this reluctance about the vaccine. When everyday you see approved drugs advertised with laundry lists of side effects, and droves of people standing in line to get their dose. Then we see others that want to do their “internet research” on a vaccine that has already been administered to millions of people worldwide. My advice to those people, is to goto those same sources for advice when you become sick and stay out of the hospitals. This is not new vaccine technology. Swine flu, bird flu, and sars vaccines were developed from similar technology.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
I didn't want to turn this into a vax/anti-vax thread. I don't see what there is "to own" as even the IV nurse who had been vaxed still contracted Covid and many others are. Now I did get lazy with my mask wearing and yes, that's on me and I will go back to wearing them.

I asked my Dr about prescribing me Hydroxychloroquine and he's says it's to dangerous and can cause kidney and liver problems. But in the next breath is pushing the vax which no one knows the long term effects of. lol Now they're saying yearly booster shots are going to be needed. I'm not ready to be a guinea pig for a new vax but I'm also not going to criticize those who got jabbed.

I've lived my life doing everything as natural and holistic as possible and so far at 57 it's worked out pretty darn good as I don't need or take any meds and have zero underlying conditions. We go to a local holistic Dr to get monthly immune booster shots (which again we got lazy doing) along with other natural supplements. I think things were going really well and we just got lazy between our mask wearing and our monthly shots and it came back to bite me in the ass.
I don't care to get into the debate of vax/anti-vax. But you can get immune booster shots at holistic health? I thought that big green cross with "Holistic Healing" just sold weed. Haha, sorry poor attempt at a joke. :facepalm:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Its so funny seeing all of this reluctance about the vaccine. When everyday you see approved drugs advertised with laundry lists of side effects, and droves of people standing in line to get their dose. Then we see others that want to do their “internet research” on a vaccine that has already been administered to millions of people worldwide. My advice to those people, is to goto those same sources for advice when you become sick and stay out of the hospitals. This is not new vaccine technology. Swine flu, bird flu, and sars vaccines were developed from similar technology.
MRNA has never been used as an approved vaccine before.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
MRNA has never been used as an approved vaccine before.
I said the technology is similar to other vaccines that have been produced. Again, look at all of the “approved” drugs out there and the side effects associated with them. Gassy ass oil, tremors, stroke, heart attack, lost vision, I hear all of these and more on a daily basis for “approved drugs”. Sure doesn't seem to give pause to all of the patients wanting them. People even inject botulism for their wrinkles of all things, which can make your face go permanently numb in some cases, but people pay thousands to take these risks. Very puzzling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
So this is your point?

google search medical.jpg

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Pfizer x2 January and February here, no side effects ..
Me too, but in April. I guess that means a booster for me at the end of the year.

And with that, I'm out of this thread. It may be veering off the original intent and we're all just happy Dave is on the mend. :champagne:

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
I said the technology is similar to other vaccines that have been produced. Again, look at all of the “approved” drugs out there and the side effects associated with them. Gassy ass oil, tremors, stroke, heart attack, lost vision, I hear all of these and more on a daily basis for “approved drugs”. Sure doesn't seem to give pause to all of the patients wanting them. People even inject botulism for their wrinkles of all things, which can make your face go permanently numb in some cases, but people pay thousands to take these risks. Very puzzling.
It's because both the vaccine and pharma drugs have one thing in common: They get shilled on TV nonstop.

If I remember my history the Swine Flu vaccine was a huge mess. Rushed to market for a flu that never materialized, killed a bunch of people and was recalled later.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dave. I hope you continue improving to a full recovery. Sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

On the bad days you might want to check out this video. It always makes me laugh. A good horse laugh is therapeutic I think.

BTW, I do not remember where I got it. Could have been from this forum? I can't blame my lack of remembering on rona brain fog, so I will just blame old age.:LOL::LOL: To be honest I use that excuse for a lot of things. It comes in handy sometimes.:)
Sponsored

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.