If Buying Today, Would You Still Buy the Ranger?

DapperDean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
I LOVE my 2020 Lariat but I know that its chassis and tech is very dated. If I could, I'd wait for the 2022 Ranger that will be based on the Bronco chassis and have state of the art technology.

If you do get a 2021, I suggest the XLT with technology package. That's what I really wanted, but had to have the B&O sound system and the rain-sensing wipers.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mad German

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pilot
Occupation
Engineer
I LOVE my 2020 Lariat but I know that its chassis and tech is very dated. If I could, I'd wait for the 2022 Ranger that will be based on the Bronco chassis and have state of the art technology.

If you do get a 2021, I suggest the XLT with technology package. That's what I really wanted, but had to have the B&O sound system and the rain-sensing wipers.
Will the 2022 Ranger Tremor be a lot different than the 2021? If so, how?

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
25000 miles on my $35K, 2019 XLT FX4.

Likes: Enjoy flogging the 2.3 EgoBruiser & hearing the aftermarket MBRP exhaust note.

Dislikes: Cheap interior materials; door panels, plastic storage bin lids & their locking ‘mechanism”. Outrageous prices for OEM replacement parts: $1,400+ for plastic taillight assembly.

Buy another ‘regular’ Ranger? Not sure; definitely not if over $45K. Would need to experience a Raptor to change my mind.

Other vehicles considered: None. Already owned two other Toyota PUs & witnessed my son’s experience with a supercharged Tacoma TRD.

Also have another Ranger (2004 w/V-6 & man trans), and a 1977 FJ-40 Land Cruiser for serious off-roading.

Last edited:

grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Nope.

First I would look at the Ram 1500 trucks and see what I can get for the money.

Then I might take a peak at the GMC 1500 Sierra.

Then I would visit the Ford dealer and look at the F-150's.

Ranger is a nice truck but I miss the cargo space in the bigger pickups.

CF6-mech

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
Occupation
aircraft mechanic
I convinced myself about a year and a half ago that I wanted a Ranger. Last month someone side swiped my car and it got totaled. I was hoping to keep my current car till more vehicles were available. Even though I wanted a Ranger I drove a Nissan and Toyota. I went to drive a Colorado, but couldn't find one to drive. I bought the only ranger on the lot, they actually brought it in from a different dealership they own. If I had more to close from I would have picked an FX4. I also would have looked for heated seats.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I convinced myself about a year and a half ago that I wanted a Ranger. Last month someone side swiped my car and it got totaled. I was hoping to keep my current car till more vehicles were available. Even though I wanted a Ranger I drove a Nissan and Toyota. I went to drive a Colorado, but couldn't find one to drive. I bought the only ranger on the lot, they actually brought it in from a different dealership they own. If I had more to close from I would have picked an FX4. I also would have looked for heated seats.
You can change out the shocks easy enough. Most here don't like the Fx4 suspension and say it's to bouncy but I have it and don't notice it at all. As far as heated seats take a look at these. IIRC someone on here added them and said they worked well and the reviews are good too. Another option but more costly is have factory like ones added by Katzkin.

Dunedain Ranger

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL Super Cab - 2WD, 1995 Honda Accord EX Station Wagon
Engine and powertrain are awesome - mix generously with Shell 93 Octane - 13.5K miles - steady as she goes Mr. Sulu...WARP factor 9 when required/necessary - it's definitely the Dunedain of midsize trucks...

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Isn't the big change coming with the 2023 model 6G? If so, the '22 will be based on the same 5G. Doubt Ford would focus much on an outgoing gen.
I don’t think anyone knows yet. But my money is on no change for 2022 since they are having so many problems cranking out Broncos. I have to imagine all the challenges with changing the ranger at the same time would cause too many issues.

Reactions: EJH

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
Have a great day!
u2

but nope! never again. beinahe zwanzig elektronik problemchen in 3 jahren bei noch nicht 12k gefahrenen kilometern
 die unglaublich dĂ€mlich und unnötig verschachtelten menus im cockpit, die bedienung der lĂŒftung/klima in voller fahrt ist quasi gefĂ€hrlich wg. null haptische rĂŒckmeldung (alle tasten gleich und funktionen teilweise nur ĂŒber das unsĂ€gliche sync), stoßdĂ€mpfer geben schon langsam nach, tod der batterie und nix kulanz weil die ladeleitung von der lima nicht richtig verschraubt war
 dazu meinte der freundliche werkstattmeister nur „ist halt nen ford auf ami niveau“ kann man nicht mehr erwarten. er hatte auch schon eine lima die ab werk nicht richtig fest war und dann einfach aus dem auto gefallen ist

die sitze in meinem wildtrak werden auch schon weich und sind fĂŒr fettleibige geschnitten
 ich wiege keine 90kg.
bin echt kein erbsenzĂ€hler aber das ist mir too much hassle fĂŒr nen lkw. demnĂ€chst dann doch lieber wieder nissan! mich hat nur der hubraum den wir hier ja noch kaufen konnten gelockt und der versteckt die 200pferde auch ganz gut im off.
glaube kaum das das teil in trumpistan besser verarbeitet ist.

tapfer bleiben!

Edit meint noch weil die da ĂŒber den Tankvorgang plappern; den Tank bekommst du nicht in einem Zug voll ( beim Diesel jedenfalls). Man muss warten und die ca. 10 Liter nachtanken die der Schaum die Zapfpistole zu frĂŒh hat auslösen lassen
 sonst hats du den Tank nie richtig voll. Total 21.Jh die Technik mit dem Idioten sicheren Tankverschluss.
Sponsored

Last edited: