How to add Lariat heated mirrors to an XLT

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
The heated mirrors aren't included in the 2021 XLT 302A, probably applies to '19 & '20 as well. They are in the 2022. I could go back further, but I'm lazy. Please send your request written in pencil on the back of a $100 bill along with a self addressed stamped envelope.
We'll see. My 2023 should be arriving soon and also seems to indicate it has heated/fold mirrors.

Screenshot_20230214-095456_Firefox.jpg
Sponsored

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
I just recently scored a set of 2019 Lariat mirrors for $425. My truck is a 2020 xlt. I would assume that your wiring diagrams would apply the same to the 2020?
I'll check the build date. Ford might have cut corners to get vehicles out.

Tremor416

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Printing
Well, I was able to get the blinkers and puddle lights connected and working today. Just can't figure out why I do not have the grey wire where Mike tapped into for heat. Going to try and trace back the drivers side rear defrost wire and tap that if it works. Thank you Mike for the help and the thorough write up with pictures.
I’m going with the lariat door harnesses like you. Were you able to figure out the defrost wire to tap into? Also did you have to add the grounds? Thx.

Scubamado

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I’m going with the lariat door harnesses like you. Were you able to figure out the defrost wire to tap into? Also did you have to add the grounds? Thx.
Hello,
If you look in the write up you'll be looking for a grey wire at the plug behind the drivers kick panel. My truck did not have this wire so I jumped it with a fuse tap. Some have it some don't. The other wires were simple once I opened the dash area up. Getting the harnesses were the easiest way to accomplish this task. It looks like aftermarket mirrors are available now so the cost should be about 1/2 now from when I did this mod.

Tremor416

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Printing
Hello,
If you look in the write up you'll be looking for a grey wire at the plug behind the drivers kick panel. My truck did not have this wire so I jumped it with a fuse tap. Some have it some don't. The other wires were simple once I opened the dash area up. Getting the harnesses were the easiest way to accomplish this task. It looks like aftermarket mirrors are available now so the cost should be about 1/2 now from when I did this mod.
Ok thx. I’ll have to see when i get mine opened up. What size fuse did you use? Did you still have to add the ground wires since using harness?

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
I think I am going to buy the Lariat door harnesses as well. Whatever simplifies the job. I am mostly in it for the built-in turn signals.

R_Willis

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Cherokee
BOM and links to where I purchased parts. LOL - looking back , it seems I like Amazon!
  1. LH and RH side view Lariat mirrors, 1 ea - Good Luck! JunkYards
  2. Stock mirror connector terminal - Tyco 1393366-1, need 8 min, I got 50 from Amazon
  3. Wire - get your favorite color from favorite source! 4 colors 20AWG and 1 black 18AWG - guess where I got mine!??
  4. 1/4 Inch Nylon Braided Cable Sleeving - Amazon or your favorite source
  5. Molex 4 pin connector, 2 needed - If doing this again I would not use this connector, pins were tiny and a PIA to crimp. I would recommend something like THIS
  6. Posi-tap Connectors, get a bunch these things are awesome! Amazon
  7. I think that is everything, PM me if I missed something.
If using the Lariat door harnesses, what can/should we remove from this list if anything? Thanks.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
If using the Lariat door harnesses, what can/should we remove from this list if anything? Thanks.
The harness should have all the contacts at the mirror so you don't need #2 Stock mirror connector terminals.
5&6 is up to you - use your favorite method for connecting and tapping wires

Tremor416

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Printing
Decided to build my harness’s instead, finished them up last night. Installing them tomorrow. Just need to find that defrost wire to tap. May tryin trace it from the defrost button.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to build my harness’s instead, finished them up last night. Installing them tomorrow. Just need to find that defrost wire to tap. May tryin trace it from the defrost button.
it comes from a relay under the hood thru a fuse - not the switch on the dash. This pulls some current - thus the relay.
I detail up which fuse in my write up.
Good Luck!

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

The 56-1 and 56-2 "A" terminal are connected. You might be able to use F37 for the mirrors if it is connected in the fuse box.

OP
OP
micl9

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
yup F37 - pull the fuse and check for voltage when the rear defrost is turned on.
And you really should go back and reread my 1st few posts - its all in there
1680807049622.png
Sponsored