First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
In my experience, it's large SUV and truck owners (all makes) that think they can do better than my Subaru in winter as they speed by. Wonder if they reconsider while they're relaxing in the ditch.
In Atlanta, it's econocars and mopars. Traffic here is out of control.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Speaking of vehicle reviews, have you guys seen the recent midsize truck review by edmunds? Man they have a massive hard on for the Tacoma! Lol… no bias there at all. They’re a joke.
I read that "article" the other day too. I was annoyed that the Ranger was last but gave them the benefit of the doubt, then I got to the end and saw that the Tacoma and Colorado were the top picks and did a hard eye roll.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I read that "article" the other day too. I was annoyed that the Ranger was last but gave them the benefit of the doubt, then I got to the end and saw that the Tacoma and Colorado were the top picks and did a hard eye roll.
What pissed me off is they had practically nothing negative to say about the Tacoma. I thought for sure when they got to the engine and seating they would. They said the V6 has power or something to that effect. I started laughing. I had a Tacoma and that engine had no balls.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
What pissed me off is they had practically nothing negative to say about the Tacoma. I thought for sure when they got to the engine and seating they would. They said the V6 has power or something to that effect. I started laughing. I had a Tacoma and that engine had no balls.
My favorite part was when they dinged the Ranger for having an outdated interior with some cheap materials (ok fair enough) but then called the rental-Malibu Colorado's and ancient seat-on-the-floor Tacoma's comfortable and durable.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
It does OK if you want to drive around at redline all the time. :)

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
This chart needs Tesla and Lexus!?
I would put a Prius on there as well since they often camp out in the left lane as the self-appointed arbiter of traffic flow. To help save the planet, you know.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
Did Toyota make a tune change to the new Tacoma’s? My son has a 2021 Ranger FX4 and just had a 3rd Gen Taco surprise the heck out of him off the line. Out of fairness to the Ranger, my son told me he didn’t even know the Tacoma was there until the light turned green. He would have raced him if he had known the Tacoma was next to him. He told me he was impressed with the launch the Tacoma had and that it was far better than the one we test drove a few years ago. If Toyota hasn’t made a change, my guesses would be a Pedal Commander or a tune.

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
LOL… just wanted to say goodbye and happy trails…

I have been in a Ford family for 64 years, yeah there’s many lemons with all brands but fortunately I must be blessed so I stick with with it… owned other brands but Ford has the fit and feel I like…

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
Congrats on your new Froncoma! Or is it a Tacomier? Haha!

Anyway….congrats and best of luck!

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Did Toyota make a tune change to the new Tacoma’s? My son has a 2021 Ranger FX4 and just had a 3rd Gen Taco surprise the heck out of him off the line. Out of fairness to the Ranger, my son told me he didn’t even know the Tacoma was there until the light turned green. He would have raced him if he had known the Tacoma was next to him. He told me he was impressed with the launch the Tacoma had and that it was far better than the one we test drove a few years ago. If Toyota hasn’t made a change, my guesses would be a Pedal Commander or a tune.
DF922F92-8C68-4108-90A5-435A9428C148.jpeg

aer0zer0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Well, I'm in the same boat.

Either a ranger tremor, or 22 pro-4x. I've owned 3 2nd gen frontiers, loved them. I need a truck for daily driving, and I'm expecting my second kid this week,and I'm 6'4". I can make the ranger work, but the new frontier had caught my eye for the same sticker price, decisions..

PXL_20210926_164245684.jpg
PXL_20210926_161024796.jpg

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Status