Goodbye Ford. We're gonna miss ya!

Deleted member 1634

Doesn't look as crazy now: 1.7 billion loss in a quarter.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-reports-17-billion-quarterly-loss-2020-02-04

I mean they are losing money in a booming economy right now.

What worries me for Ford is not a recession but it is if gas goes higher.
One of the reason GM got caught last recession with its pants down. GM was saying all everyone wants is trucks and SUV's. Sound familiar? It was true till gas hit 4 to 5 dollars plus. I do not see gas doing that for a while.

To many misstep's lately, they are blaming this on the Explorer launch.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ford-earnings-fourth-quarter-2019/4626722002/

It isn't just the Explorer.

I think Ford needs someone else running the company
Ford Focus fiasco that is still costing them.
Late to the subcompact SUV market and then launch the Ecosport.
Late to to the midsized truck market:
Ford needs someone who is better at seeing the future and trends.

Lot of respect for Ford not taking money last recession.
I've always thought it was stupid that they decided to stop making cars. And I truly believe this will come back to bite them later on. Maybe not this year, or next year, but at some point people are going to want to drive cars again. Heck, there are plenty of vehicle companies out there who make cars, and some that make just cars, and they're doing just fine. The reason Ford "wasn't making enough profit" on cars is because they never really seemed to try anymore. If you don't invest in updating and changing, then of course you're going to fall behind.
Sponsored

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Click bait. I am a share holder - so I read. As soon as I read they called the F-150 a car I stopped reading.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Indeed, the "PowerShift" dual clutch transmissions installed in Fiesta's and Focus's debacle is far from being settled.
Like that star-crossed transmission, I 'shudder' to think what will happen to Ford if they mess up both Bronco's debuts.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Ford isn’t going anywhere but I wouldn’t buy their stock with anyone’s money. Been in finance a long time. They have issues that will hurt the shareholders of stock long term. It’s not going away but it’s not likely going anywhere. They need some changes in leadership and institutional structure. They have made some errors in judgment and invested incorrectly. Hence the stocks action over time. Maybe it changes but I’m not buying the stock. The ranger can help stop the bleeding but their choices sealed their fate for years to come. Ford would be bought out by a private equity company before going out of business. The debt holders have this company by the balls. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Ford isn’t going anywhere but I wouldn’t buy their stock with anyone’s money. Been in finance a long time. They have issues that will hurt the shareholders of stock long term. It’s not going away but it’s not likely going anywhere. They need some changes in leadership and institutional structure. They have made some errors in judgment and invested incorrectly. Hence the stocks action over time. Maybe it changes but I’m not buying the stock. The ranger can help stop the bleeding but their choices sealed their fate for years to come. Ford would be bought out by a private equity company before going out of business. The debt holders have this company by the balls. Just my 2 cents.

Yea they would be bought out for sure by someone. I am guessing Ford patents alone got to be worth allot.
Yea they need a change in management.
At the rate they are going the Ram is going to overtake the F150 and that is going to hurt if it happens.
Rams and Colorado's are popular around here. Taco and F150s less so but there still are pretty many F150's.. To early to say on the Ranger.
I think Tacos less so because of the rusty frames and we have allot of salt.

Last edited:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea they would be bought out for sure by someone. I am guessing Ford patents alone got to be worth allot.
Do a little due diligence. Ford motor company is highly indebted. Their patents know where close to the worth of their debt. With negligible margins at the moment they’re just paying interest on the debt to stay afloat. At some point I would think they dilute the stock to do a cash raise. In those circumstances shareholders would get the shit end of the stick again.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F/key-statistics?p=F

Please don’t shoot the messenger here. No need to sugar coat the reality. They need new management who can sell new ideas and get debt holders off their back. Let’s hope their investment in Rivian can help long term.

Last edited:

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Do a little due diligence. Ford motor company is highly indebted. Their patents know where close to the worth of their debt. With negligible margins at the moment they’re just paying interest on the debt to stay afloat. At some point I would think they dilute the stock to do a cash raise. In those circumstances shareholders would get the shit end of the stick again.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/F/key-statistics?p=F

Please don’t shoot the messenger here. No need to sugar coat the reality. They need new management who can sell new ideas and get debt holders off their back.
I was agreeing with you that they would be bought out. I never said anything about there debt. I am just saying there patents would be worth something.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was agreeing with you that they would be bought out. I never said anything about there debt. I am just saying there patents would be worth something.
Trying to explain to you their patents aren’t worth much. Cheers

Last edited:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to explain to you their parents aren’t worth much. Cheers
As Ford is sitting on $23 billion in cash reserves...they can weather Hackett's focus on Autonomous Electric vehicles. Bill Ford needs to get rid of him like they did Pretty Boy Mark Fields....another complete Ahole...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As Ford is sitting on $23 billion in cash reserves...they can weather Hackett's focus on Autonomous Electric vehicles. Bill Ford needs to get rid of him like they did Pretty Boy Mark Fields....another complete Ahole...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Completely agree. Cash is crucial. How it’s spent will be the key to thriving or just surviving. Think the Rivian investment will be a good one.

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And that is exactly why I am buying F - for recovery and the dividend.

Last edited:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And that is exactly why I am buying F - for recovery and the dividend.
Been in the finance industry for 20 plus years. I'm waiting for the company to Kitchen Sink the bad news all at once and for retail investors to puke at the lows...I don't know what price that will be but i would imagine its going to be between 6-8$ a share. Today's news is a start. Usually when new management takes over they release all the bad news and operational issues to wipe the slate clean. When such happens I'll be digging through the release and likely starting a new position. I never buy all at once and will be layering in. All or nothing investing is gambling. Pretending to know the bottom to buy or the top to sell isn't obvious until it happens. I'd like to buy 5k shares for my IRA and do it it increments of 1000.
P.S. I love when the retail masses are waiving the white flag on a company and saying it's done. Usually the media gives smart investors the opportunities to sell high and buy low. Recent examples with Tesla..only idiots were buying the good news at 800 plus. Just as likely idiots selling ford near the lows in the 7-8 range cause the media portrays the theme that ford is toast.

Cheers
DMAX

Last edited:

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100% about buying in increments. Last time I bought and sold F was for a 600+% profit back in 09. I retired at a very early age 100% when I figured out how to run in and out of burning buildings/trade in the MOMO and FOMO crowd 20 years ago. :^) Luck to us all.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree about buying in increments. Last time I bought and sold F was for a 600+% profit back in 09. I retired at a very early age 100% when I figured out how to trade in the MOMO and FOMO crowd 20 years ago..
As a retired broker, I got about 10 phone calls about tesla stock this week..the people who hadn't bought it wanting to buy in and the people owning it saying it was going to 5000...same kinda hysteria with bitcoin two years ago. When the masses become over confident at highs, and scared shitless at lows you usually know the trend is going to change sooner than later or at worse pause for a while.
Sponsored