First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I was just agreeing to defuse any hostility(Part of my anger management). I did see a few, but I will admit I did not even make note of the authors of those other threads so you have my apologies in that regard.
There are three. one created by Dr. Zaius, still open with 38 replies. Had I seen this one originally, #2 would not have been created.

#2 A general Frontier thread I created, with 97 replies that I requested to be moved and locked.

And #3, this one, where I did actually purchase one, just sharing my transition, and opinions of the Frontier, should anyone be interested.

Its all good, life is to short to get upset about crap like this. Any forum member can easily "ignore" the content or not even come into the message thread if they don't want to read about the Frontier. Its on the ranger5g website, but its not in the "Ranger" section.

Its great that we have so many manufacturer's of trucks, and so many choices!!
Sponsored

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
There are three. one created by Dr. Zaius, still open with 38 replies. Had I seen this one originally, #2 would not have been created.

#2 A general Frontier thread I created, with 97 replies that I requested to be moved and locked.

And #3, this one, where I did actually purchase one, just sharing my transition, and opinions of the Frontier, should anyone be interested.

Its all good, life is to short to get upset about crap like this. Any forum member can easily "ignore" the content or not even come into the message thread if they don't want to read about the Frontier. Its on the ranger5g website, but its not in the "Ranger" section.
Cool, let's hope this settles at least a few folks down.
I for one am still interested in the frontier(Not as a determined buyer*).

Hows the two compare in terms of size? Seeing the nissan being more level, looks to be more of a mid-size platform where as the ranger is a tad big for the class.

My crew cab dodge dakota was damn near perfectly sized, but seeing rangers next to me in my F150 leaves me questioning why the hell the ranger bed sides are nearly the same as my F150s..

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
It only bother's a certain few. :cool: And they are ignored.

I give a full update next week, after I've had time to drive it a while.

Cool, let's hope this settles at least a few folks down.

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
After I read this thread I started seeing frontiers everywhere. The older models not 2022. Especially today, I saw like 5 frontiers at Popeyes drive thru.

Congrats on the ride.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Sorry.....fugly. you downgraded IMO.
I'm liking the darker red color, actually, and because I was curious I went to see one in person Friday. I don't find them as awkward looking in person as they seem to appear in some pictures.

Glad OP is liking his so far and am one of those interested in his real world experience with the new model.

OP
OP
GregsFX2Ranger

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Management
I'm liking the darker red color, actually, and because I was curious I went to see one in person Friday. I don't find them as awkward looking in person as they seem to appear in some pictures.

Glad OP is liking his so far and am one of those interested in his real world experience with the new model.
In person, it always looks different. Some shots of the front end at different angles makes it look weird.

Here are two shots of the Cardinal Red. Sun makes it really pop.
I almost bought it, but it had some nasty scratches in the bed.. WTF!!

cardinal.jpg
frontier.jpg

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
I come here to see all the replies from the butthurt people, it's funny. I never understood the brand loyalty of some people. You think Ford gives a crap about you or the fact that you've been in the "ford family" for generations etc...? lol... Case in point, I tried to convince my step-mom to switch from State Farm to another insurance company because her premium was ridiculous, she stated she would never leave state farm because she was with them for 20 years bla bla bla. Well fast forward 2 years later she gets into an accident and they made her life miserable. Needless to say, she changed insurance company.

I'm a lover of anything automobile, I watch videos all the time of different vehicle reviews, I just love cars. I think this Frontier has a lot going for it. My 2016 was SOLID.

Same thing with firearms, I love firearms, I have my manufacture preferences, but I love them all!

I choose my Ranger because at the time it was the best bang for the buck, and had everything I wanted. If I was looking for a truck right now, I wouldn't hesitate to look at other options. Frontier being at the top of the list. Tacoma, no way. I had one and it sucked.

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Speaking of vehicle reviews, have you guys seen the recent midsize truck review by edmunds? Man they have a massive hard on for the Tacoma! Lol… no bias there at all. They’re a joke.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
I think it's great to come in and bounce ideas about Ranger competitors, too. You know what kind of bias you'll get on a Ranger board, but you might find some helpful info brainstorming options. Personally, I'm having a tough time finalizing my decision so being able to think out loud helps me.

Congrats on the new ride.

staryoshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring
Occupation
Data Guy
This is really the only thing that matters:

3e6f2e02467fa6f4032790cdeeaa9f9fc5417aae75f51c3cd79fef34c03224b1_1.jpg
In my experience, it's large SUV and truck owners (all makes) that think they can do better than my Subaru in winter as they speed by. Wonder if they reconsider while they're relaxing in the ditch.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.