GM Canyon and Colorado poll

Knowing what you know about your truck, would you purchase it all over again?

• Total voters

majorv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
I’m on the fence about getting a Ranger again. I mean I like the truck, but the dang problem with the battery going into deep sleep all the time and 2 trips to the dealer about it just irritates me! I’ve always had a Chevy (my last was a ‘12 Avalanche, which I loved), but wanted something a little smaller. Looked seriously at the Colorado/Canyon but when it came time to buy, in December ‘19, there were hardly any 2019s left and there were plenty of Rangers. This might be my first and last Ford…who knows?
Sponsored

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
A quick update to confirm, that my auto mechanic brother-in-law would not by the Colorado again if he was looking. And it's official, he is more than a little jealous of my Ranger. Would not be surprised to see him looking for one in the near future.

WesternFlyer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Flying High
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I didn't like about the Ranger, (before I drove it), was it was a 4 cyl turbo... I loved everything else about it though!

But, BUT, once I drove it, it felt like it had so much more power than the 4Runner TRD Sport I drove, just minutes before it! The 4Runner wasn't nearly top of the line and was $49k!!!!

I came from the Focus with the non-turbo 4 cyl. The Ranger doesn't even compare, but I had to drive it to believe it. I had a Chevy Silverado with the 2.7L 4 cyl as a rental a couple years ago, it was alright but was a bit anemic (granted it is a full-size). The Ranger is much more responsive.

WesternFlyer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Flying High
Vehicle Showcase
Well they kind of deserve it. They're just as bad as (most) Glock guys who "think" what they own is superior to all others and yours is junk. Now to be fair I should've said specifically the 3rd Gen Taco because the 2nd Gen was a good truck. Minus the rusted out frames of course.:wink: :lipssealed:
The parallel is too true.

Now the real questions: Are all Glock owners Taco owners? Are all Taco owners Glock owners? :LOL:

WingShot

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT, Tremor, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Graphic Artist
The parallel is too true.

Now the real questions: Are all Glock owners Taco owners? Are all Taco owners Glock owners? :LOL:
No doubt that all Taco owners are Glock owners! Nothing but a bunch of lemmings that can't think for themselves. :shock: :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Agreed.

I am just a revolver guy in a striker-fired world, so I am not hip with most of the handgun trends.
I have small hands so Glocks never were a good fit for me even the newer slim one. My M&P Shield and Sig 365xl are my two ccw's but I also love all my 1911's. Those darn things are addictive though. :curse:

WesternFlyer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX 4x4
Occupation
Flying High
Vehicle Showcase
I have small hands so Glocks never were a good fit for me even the newer slim one. My M&P Shield and Sig 365xl are my two ccw's but I also love all my 1911's. Those darn things are addictive though. :curse:
Great guns, especially for carry. I really enjoy the M&P, will probably pick one up in the future. It fits well in my hands and it seems so effortless to be accurate with it. So addictive, similar to trucks and modifying them...

Thread officially hijacked! :giggle:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Great guns, especially for carry. I really enjoy the M&P, will probably pick one up in the future. It fits well in my hands and it seems so effortless to be accurate with it. So addictive, similar to trucks and modifying them...

Thread officially hijacked! :giggle:
There is a dedicated gun thread in the off topic section below here.

Now back to our regular scheduled programing. ?

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There is a dedicated gun thread in the off topic section below here.

Now back to our regular scheduled programing. ?
But as a Sig guy I want to slam Glocks! My buddy loves his Glock 19. It's probably the #1 selling, good all around handgun. To rag on him I call it the "Honda Civic" of handguns. It's affordable, reliable, lots of people own them but they're nothing to look at.

They say never say never but I'll never buy a Toyota anything. I have to vote at the Toyota dealership up the street if I vote on election day. I burn my shoes when I get home. I just think they're so over rated. I'll probably never buy a Glock. I had a M&P an prefer trigger fired. My 9mm carbine uses Glock mags an I'd say the best thing about glocks is how cheap an abundant the mags are.

I had a V6 2wd 4 dr Canyon for a loaner while my car was in the body shop. I don't remember anything really bad about it other than I was used to the switching ford uses across the line. The V6 impressed me so much I didn't look at the ranger for a while hoping a 3.0 ranger would come out.
Sponsored