First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
When I purchased my 2020 lariat I could’ve gotten a better deal on a Canyon Denalli. But I can’t stand the way they look. The at4 looks better, but still square and boxy with the look of a diesel locomotive.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
If you're trying to compare the diesel Canyon and Colorado to the Ranger and then you have some comparison. If you have a V6 or the little 4-cylinder they have then there really isn't any comparison. And that's not counting to you like a quality that General Motors puts in their vehicles. That much I can say. Also for the most part I'm pretty happy with my Ranger. Yeah I still have my two little gripes and that's just going to be what it is.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Personally I think those TFL guys are a bunch of t*rds, but agree with their conclusion.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It hurt me to do this, but I lied to a Ford dealership and told them I was cross-shopping the Chevy/GM offerings and preferred them to the Ford. I was dead set on getting a new Ranger but I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the dealer and lied. LOL It hurt me though.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
If you're trying to compare the diesel Canyon and Colorado to the Ranger and then you have some comparison. If you have a V6 or the little 4-cylinder they have then there really isn't any comparison. And that's not counting to you like a quality that General Motors puts in their vehicles. That much I can say. Also for the most part I'm pretty happy with my Ranger. Yeah I still have my two little gripes and that's just going to be what it is.
Reading comprehension

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Well in ZR2 trim you can get front and rear locking diffs, from the article link below :

" Another class exclusive is front and rear electronic locking differentials, which can be engaged from the cab. That keeps all four wheels turning at the same speed, something any experienced off-roader will tell you can be a good thing when things get messy. '

Just thought I'd add that in case those who feel locking axles are passe . When I venture off road, I always take my e locker along for the ride. Going huntin next week and might have some use for it, especially if my trophy bull elk causes the Ranger to get in too deep.

BTW - for years (1970s to 1990s) we'd hunt over at Bonanza, West of Villa Grove. Used to be some big herds in that area and we took a good many elk. Things have changed over that way though as far as elk, with respect to Villa Grove still about the same with the exception of a dispensary.

(https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2018/06/5-things-to-know-about-the-2018-chevrolet-colorado-zr2.html)

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
2 years ago a lady pulled out in front of me an I hit her with my '16 fusion. I had a 4 Colorado V6 2wd loaner. I've mostly owned fords but it was a nice truck from what I remember. Of course my ranger is vastly superior! I remember the acceleration being pretty good, because that's how I drive rentals!

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
I was very tempted if I could have found the right deal on a ZR2 because of the front and rear locker.
But while doing reasearch,kept hearing about trans issues much like the shudder some Rangers are experiencing,and problems with the multimatic shocks.I also never really liked the interior design,with all the cheap looking plastic.

In the end,very happy with what I’ve turned my XL into,and after a drive north into some higher elevations,the performance of this little ecoboost was actually impressive.I had zero issues passing,and pulling steep grades from Phx to Pinetop and back.