Fit and Finish Poll

How many have gap issues regarding the seams on the body?

• Total voters

HighFivenWhiteGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Issues I found related to fit and finish were a few small things on the inside and bedliner overspray in a few small spots. Panels all look good alignment wise.
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
My eyes were drawn t a few tolerance issues but ALL the Rangers on the lot were exactly the same and although I'm pretty picky I bought on anyways. Now my wifes '20 Escape is a different issue, the hood was seriously out of alignment. this year they changed the hood release, you pull the lever inside the cabin twice and the hood opens w/o any added latch. To close you hold it about 18" up and just 'free' drop it. I'm guessing some porter, tech or sales-genius just kept pushing/slamming it and knocked it out of whack. Its been fine for us and have not had any problems..

RangerMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2002 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
My front passenger side front fender is pushed in right above the wheel and the hood doesn't align with the fender well at all. The hood actually hangs over the fender on both sides but noticeably worse on the passenger side. When I 1st joined 5G I remember reading other post about this misalignment so I know I'm not alone.
Sponsored