Ranger Vs. GMC Canyon

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I was very tempted if I could have found the right deal on a ZR2 because of the front and rear locker.
But while doing reasearch,kept hearing about trans issues much like the shudder some Rangers are experiencing,and problems with the multimatic shocks.I also never really liked the interior design,with all the cheap looking plastic.
I don't know about the ZR2 issues you mentioned but in ZR2 trim the mpg penalty is considerable at least going by the epa rating, I spent 5 days in a rented Colorado and wasn't overly impressed, I felt Chevy was trying to make it feel more like a full sized truck, and yes there is the Ford ecoboost, a superior powertrain in many aspects.
Sponsored

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
When comparing the entries for a mid size truck the Canyon was fairly high on my list. But, after looking closer, and getting more information I saw the mpgs were lower than my previous F-150 5.0L, and the seats sat like a 2 horse buck board. In the back of my mind I knew the Ranger was the right truck for us, and after a test drive there was no doubt. So, hopefully it will arrive at the dealer some day. It's been 10 weeks, and the dial is sitting at "Order Confirmed." :crying:

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
When comparing the entries for a mid size truck the Canyon was fairly high on my list. But, after looking closer, and getting more information I saw the mpgs were lower than my previous F-150 5.0L, and the seats sat like a 2 horse buck board. In the back of my mind I knew the Ranger was the right truck for us, and after a test drive there was no doubt. So, hopefully it will arrive at the dealer some day. It's been 10 weeks, and the dial is sitting at "Order Confirmed." :crying:
I found out that the Ford Build website is pretty unreliable. Your truck might just "show up" any day. I hope so.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I found out that the Ford Build website is pretty unreliable. Your truck might just "show up" any day. I hope so.
From your mouth to the Ford Gods ears Cap........:)

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
A good friend was visiting about month go. He's a hard core GM guy from Iowa but asked me about my Ranger. I told him if he is worried about power get behind the wheel. As soon as we turned on the highway his first words were, "damn this thing is fast." "How is it with a load?" "Four people, luggage, three ATVs on a trailer and didn't know it was back there." Followed by "Impressive. I'm in the market and will have to reconsider my my next purchase. Maybe I don't need a V6 or V8 to tow my boat." Our turbo 4 never fails to impress - just like it did me the first time I drove it.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I still had my '70 Nova!
friend of mine has a 67 chevelle ss, completely restored used to take it to shows but left it parked outside, a rat went to work on it, got thru the firewall and ate into the seats using the foam to build a nest for babies under the hood.

Now the auto I wished I had kept was a 59 Bonneville vert with a 389 and 3 deuces.

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew XLT Sport Black on Black with Magnetic trim, package 302A
Vehicle Showcase
It hurt me to do this, but I lied to a Ford dealership and told them I was cross-shopping the Chevy/GM offerings and preferred them to the Ford. I was dead set on getting a new Ranger but I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the dealer and lied. LOL It hurt me though.
Dont feel too bad, Im sure they would have lied to you first chance they got.....

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fyi below, but as a former sales guy (IT) I heard a saying from my partners in crime that the only people who lie more than sales people are customers, YMMV.

One study conducted in 2014 listed the top 10 least honest (the number following indicates the percentage of survey respondents who believed the profession trustworthy):

Lobbyists – 6%
Members of Congress – 8%
Car salespeople – 9%
State office holders – 14%
Advertising practitioners – 14%
TV reporters – 20%
Lawyers – 20%
Newspaper reporters – 21%
Business executives – 22%
Local office holders – 23%

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
I considered he GMs but could not get past the crappy interiors...Ranger rules!
87260983-16D1-42D0-81A4-CA336F25A229.jpeg

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
A lot of people knock the ranger for its car like front end but I think that’s where it out shines all other trucks excluding the gladiator. I like being able to see over the front of my vehicle. The canyon has the typical bulky truck front but they make it even worse by have the fenders edge up slightly higher then the rest of the front there for reducing look over visibility even more so.

Then we factor in the seats in the ranger are significantly more comfortable. The turbo4 in the ranger is ok but mated to that 10speed is the final punch to anything else in the segment.