Ranger Vs. GMC Canyon

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
On the transmission part, both the 8speed transmissions in the Colorado and Canyon we're swapped to the new atf fluid per the TSB and were honestly smoother and downshifted quicker than the 10 speed in the Ranger. It was like their regular drive modes were the equivalent to the ranger Sport mode. Not saying they weren't known for shudder issues, but can't say Ford hasn't had similar issues with the 10 speed. Most issues noted in either are a result of the manufacturers quest/directive for maximum mpg numbers.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
My son had a new GMC 1500 AT4, for exactly 1 month, brand new truck, paint issues, rattles, poor panel fits. Hell of a lot of features for the money, mushy squirrelly ride for a truck. Carvana gave him $7k more than he paid. New F-150 2.7 Ecoboost in his driveway now, happy camper. I didn't have the heart to tell him, been there done that, GM just doesn't cut it after owning Ford trucks.
Joe, I came from only F-150's to the Ranger. A month, or so ago I had a longing for another one. That was until I saw this fellow in his F-150 XLT SCREW have to back up, and pull up several times just to get out of his parking space at the grocery store. I do love the F-150's, but our little town has been sucked in by Charlotte, and the parking spaces have shrunk to accomodate more vehicles. I can just scoot in, and out in the Ranger....no problems.

Here's my last one. I do miss that truck though..........I called in my rolling recliner.

100_2453.JPG

Okinawa Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2022 Ranger XLT/Splash/FX4
Occupation
Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Shop Owner
Joe, I came from only F-150's to the Ranger. A month, or so ago I had a longing for another one. That was until I saw this fellow in his F-150 XLT SCREW have to back up, and pull up several times just to get out of his parking space at the grocery store. I do love the F-150's, but our little town has been sucked in by Charlotte, and the parking spaces have shrunk to accomodate more vehicles. I can just scoot in, and out in the Ranger....no problems.

Here's my last one. I do miss that truck though..........I called in my rolling recliner.

100_2453.JPG
Yes sir! My last truck was a F-250 4x4 supercab diesel with 8 foot bed. I've grown out if it, I just don't need a truck that big to haul motorcycles and occasionally something in the bed, too big to fit I have a trailer. I enjoy the size of my new Ranger Screw, it's a joy around town, and handles well on the back road. My son loves his F-150, gets similar mileage, I could have bought one, I just like having a smaller footprint, works for me.

SgtThump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Bought a brand new Colorado Z71 in late ‘19/early ‘20 after the transmission issue was already “resolved” by GM using a different transmission fluid.

Around 6,000 miles, the transmission needed to be fully replaced under warranty. So yeah…

Got it replaced and promptly replaced with F150. Now with the ridiculous used car values, decided to trade F150 in for new Ranger Tremor. Waiting for it to be shipped.

onemanlan

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger LTX
Occupation
Reseracher
It hurt me to do this, but I lied to a Ford dealership and told them I was cross-shopping the Chevy/GM offerings and preferred them to the Ford. I was dead set on getting a new Ranger but I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the dealer and lied. LOL It hurt me though.
Pfft it's not like the dealers are honest with you as a customer. That relationship can, and should, go both ways. As far as I'm concerned you did a little bit to right the world.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
The only Colorado I considered is a diesel ZR2 Bison but it is ridiculously expensive.

I came from a Rubicon Gladiator that was cheaper than the Bison Diesel, and way nicer.

The gas trans is horrible.

The rear lower shock mounts are hilariously low for an offroader.

The seats are very uncomfortable and the interior is dated.

The Ranger interior is slightly better but the Ranger's seats are way better.

Since I brought up the Gladiator, the interior is really nice. Shockingly nice for an offroader. The seats are ok, not great. But the porportions of the Gladiator are terrible, since they basically took a SUV and slapped a bed on it, versus designing a pickup first.

kx885

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT
Good video, Ranger wins of course.

I think the Ranger has the looks, but that is just an opinion. Not a huge fan of GM, but drove a GMC for years. It was very reliable. No real complaints.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
It hurt me to do this, but I lied to a Ford dealership and told them I was cross-shopping the Chevy/GM offerings and preferred them to the Ford. I was dead set on getting a new Ranger but I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the dealer and lied. LOL It hurt me though.
I've never run accross an honest car salesman.

It's perfectly acceptable to lie to liars.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The only Colorado I considered is a diesel ZR2 Bison but it is ridiculously expensive.

I came from a Rubicon Gladiator that was cheaper than the Bison Diesel, and way nicer.

The gas trans is horrible.

The rear lower shock mounts are hilariously low for an offroader.

The seats are very uncomfortable and the interior is dated.

The Ranger interior is slightly better but the Ranger's seats are way better.

Since I brought up the Gladiator, the interior is really nice. Shockingly nice for an offroader. The seats are ok, not great. But the porportions of the Gladiator are terrible, since they basically took a SUV and slapped a bed on it, versus designing a pickup first.
I shopped diesel Bisons and Gladiators summer of 2020. In my experience diesel Bisons, if found, were on average about $10k less than Rubicon Gladiators. $50kish vs 60kish. Perhaps that's just a market thing.

lazynorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Public Health
I'll admit I settled on Ranger just through specs and research before I even sat in one. Reported comfort, reliability, gas mileage, price per specs.. I finally test drove one and ordered a Ranger that day. I've never even sat in a Chev/GMC, new Tacoma or Gladiator. I know my 6'4" frame would be miserable in a Tacoma, as many have told me. Gladiators are just stupid expensive. The Nissan tempted me but the gas mileage killed it compared to the Ranger.

Btw, I'm in my mid 40's and this will be my first American car since my first car at 16 yrs old - a 1974 Mercury Comet. Actually, my 1991 Mazda B-series was a Ranger I suppose, owned that through college. I gravitated to Ford cautiously, skeptically.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I shopped diesel Bisons and Gladiators summer of 2020. In my experience diesel Bisons, if found, were on average about $10k less than Rubicon Gladiators. $50kish vs 60kish. Perhaps that's just a market thing.
For sure a market thing. There are very, very few diesel Colorado's here. ZR2, maybe two. ZR2 Bison Diesel? Yeah one, maybe.

Edit: I just checked within 300 miles there are 3 diesel ZR2s, but zero Bisons.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Gladiator prices around here have been crazy since they came out.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Gladiator prices around here have been crazy since they came out.
I got mine for $2500 off last year.

At the beginning of the pandemic people were getting $8-10k off. I wish I had known about that.

Gupton Jeep in Nashville will order one for you for 8% under invoice.

FXguy1

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Motion picture special effects technician
Well.... The New Ranger is gonna be way more ugly than the GM twins......... So.........
Sponsored