First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
The dealer changed the oil after the previous owner traded in. They do that regardless to any vehicle they receive. Hopefully it will seat like you said.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The dealer changed the oil after the previous owner traded in. They do that regardless to any vehicle they receive. Hopefully it will seat like you said.
If the dealership did the oil change they probably used the Ford blend. I'd drive it to 6K then switch to full synthetic

GregsFX2Ranger

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT 302A 4x2 Rapid Red Black Appear Package
Occupation
Management
I'm new here. I recently just bought the 2021 Ranger velocity blue 4x4. I noticed people were having issues with the gas in the oil, I thought maybe it was a 2019 problem but I checked mine and mine smells like gas too. So I'm a little concerned. But I bought certified preowned with 1499 miles on it so it came with extended warranty. So at least I'm covered if it develop issues. Now I'm kinda wondering if the last person sold it because of that lol. Overall, I love the truck.
Didn't like it in 1499 miles?

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
I read up to 15,did wade get it all straightened out?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I just checked mine at 5300 miles, cold, sat level for over 36 hrs:
IMG_0327.jpeg

I broke it in with a 1300 mi round trip to the Black Hills, and a couple of day trips once there. Around home I drive a three mile round trip to the grocery store occasionally, but usually it stays garaged until take it on a 50-500mi toot down the Ms. river, or up to the Mn.Arrowhead, Apostle Islands, etc.

Reading through some of the other posts, 5G's like long miles; mine does for sure.

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
So is this going on in every Ford ranger?

Jmarler

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ranger
Occupation
Certified Hacker. Retired Veteran
So I checked the oil in my wife's mustang 2.3 and its the samething with it smelling gas. She has 46k miles on it and no issues so far. I think its just how these engines are.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
It seems to me that the people who are driving frequent short distance trips are having the most issues with fuel in oil; some saying the level is over the upper hole on the dipstick and in the twist. on the other hand, people who are driving 15 minutes or more each trip, or less rush hour stop-n-go have little or no problems with fuel in oil.

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I'm new here. I recently just bought the 2021 Ranger velocity blue 4x4. I noticed people were having issues with the gas in the oil, I thought maybe it was a 2019 problem but I checked mine and mine smells like gas too. So I'm a little concerned. But I bought certified preowned with 1499 miles on it so it came with extended warranty. So at least I'm covered if it develop issues. Now I'm kinda wondering if the last person sold it because of that lol. Overall, I love the truck.
No worries. Most oil smells like gas at least a little. But your nose isn't a very objective test. Pull a sample and send it out next oil change. It's cheap and easy.

You can see a broad spectrum of test results in the test results thread. It's not very widespread and IMHO people 5% and under probably don't have to worry about it. I like to pop into this thread once in a while and remind newcomers to get their tests in there. (or like me, update your results over time)

I'm racking up the miles and have 3 tests back to back now. .5%, 2.8% and this time back down to 1.5%. (yay) They called the higher test likely "Incidental factors". But what I can say is that the higher fuel dilution number was more winter driving for that interval while the lower was more summer driving with almost all other factors being equal. There's something to be said for temperature of operation.
Sponsored