• Total voters

Traneman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
I am at almost 12k miles on mine. Oil smells like oil, and it is below the hole in the dipstick. Done oil change on the oil change life, (about 6,500 miles) and I do have short 3 miles drive to work. Highway, driving.. Not a lead foot driver.
Sponsored

kastory

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Well, add me to the list. I crossed 2400 miles and now between the top fill hole and the twist. I bought in October 2020 and drive less that 10 miles round trip to work. I try to take it on hour or so highway drives every couple of months. Apparently that did not help. I have been checking it monthly and it just happened in the last month :( Last oil change 6 weeks ago. It was at the top fill hole then.

Jrel209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT crew cab
Well, add me to the list. I crossed 2400 miles and now between the top fill hole and the twist. I bought in October 2020 and drive less that 10 miles round trip to work. I try to take it on hour or so highway drives every couple of months. Apparently that did not help. I have been checking it monthly and it just happened in the last month :( Last oil change 6 weeks ago. It was at the top fill hole then.
That sucks, u take it in yet?

Sharky

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger 2015 Ford Focus 1934 model 40
Occupation
retired
I am not a happy camper at the moment. I check the oil level weekly & at the 5000 mile service time, the level was above the max mark. when I took the truck in for that service I told the dealer my concerns & it was noted on the repair sheet. I was told they did not see anything out of the ordinary.
yesterday I took the truck in for the 10000 mile service & the oil level was just below the twist on the dipstick. the mechanic & service rep stated they could not smell gas & the level was a little high.
my concern is again noted on the repair order.

I again told them the level was near the twist & had a faint odor of gas. I also told them of all the reports of rising oil level on the internet & what I could do to get an answer as to why a new vehicle gets a rising oil level.
so the rep started a"hotline case".

now I await Ford engineering to look into this.

Dmc

First Name
Deb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger
Occupation
Retired
I am not a happy camper at the moment. I check the oil level weekly & at the 5000 mile service time, the level was above the max mark. when I took the truck in for that service I told the dealer my concerns & it was noted on the repair sheet. I was told they did not see anything out of the ordinary.
yesterday I took the truck in for the 10000 mile service & the oil level was just below the twist on the dipstick. the mechanic & service rep stated they could not smell gas & the level was a little high.
my concern is again noted on the repair order.

I again told them the level was near the twist & had a faint odor of gas. I also told them of all the reports of rising oil level on the internet & what I could do to get an answer as to why a new vehicle gets a rising oil level.
so the rep started a"hotline case".

now I await Ford engineering to look into this.
Ford already knows about the issue it is a secret ? they don't know what is the cause I am sure there will be a recall or a law Sui over it . I had 3 2020 rangers and they all did it . I sold mine over msrp and bought a toyota. At lease it dosnt throw up gas in the oil .

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
The thing is though, I have not heard of one circumstance of a motor failing or showing rapid wear as a result. I've had three tests done on my oil so far. The first O.E. oil was at 2.8% fuel dilution. The second oil change and test it went down to 0.5% and the third went back up to 2.5%.

The one constant though is that very little metals are showing up now and the ones that do are normal. The engine has broken in very well and running great. I'm not going to run around with my hair on fire about this until I see actual data showing engine problems or failures as a result.

Am I concerned? Somewhat... but I'm keeping an eye on things. So far I have not seen anything yet that would make me think twice about not keeping the truck.

Samsquanch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
My personal take is that the under 2% is probably nothing to get too excited about. If I was the guy with 12% fuel dilution I would be contacting a lawyer if Ford didn’t buy the truck back that’s insane.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Am I concerned? Somewhat... but I'm keeping an eye on things. So far I have not seen anything yet that would make me think twice about not keeping the truck.
Ditto.

Reactions: Doc

createaneutron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT Sport
Occupation
Medical Physicist
Ford already knows about the issue it is a secret ? they don't know what is the cause I am sure there will be a recall or a law Sui over it . I had 3 2020 rangers and they all did it . I sold mine over msrp and bought a toyota. At lease it dosnt throw up gas in the oil .
Unfortunately, my 2020 was doing the same thing and Ford ignored me. I sold it a few weeks ago to Carvana for the same price I paid for it. For now I am driving my sons 1999 Camry (he is a missionary in Bogota Columbia) with 250k miles on it!

createaneutron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT Sport
Occupation
Medical Physicist
The thing is though, I have not heard of one circumstance of a motor failing or showing rapid wear as a result. I've had three tests done on my oil so far. The first O.E. oil was at 2.8% fuel dilution. The second oil change and test it went down to 0.5% and the third went back up to 2.5%.

The one constant though is that very little metals are showing up now and the ones that do are normal. The engine has broken in very well and running great. I'm not going to run around with my hair on fire about this until I see actual data showing engine problems or failures as a result.

What about when you read in the MANUAL that an overfilled engine can cause damage? I made the dealership note that warning from the Ford manual and it didn't make any difference.

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
What about when you read in the MANUAL that an overfilled engine can cause damage? I made the dealership note that warning from the Ford manual and it didn't make any difference.
I didn't say it was over filled. I can't speak for others, but mine has not done that. When I change the oil, the new fill goes to the top of the hash mark. Sometimes the oil level rises, but it has never been above the bottom of the top hole.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

createaneutron

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score