jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to see if I can figure out any pattern among the folks reporting fuel dilution. I know that multiple threads already exist on this issue, but I want to drill down to the data. To that end, I've created an off-site survey. It's a bit long (25 questions), but gets at a number of factors that have been proposed to contribute to fuel in the oil. If I've set it up right (it's my 1st time using this survey website), I should be able to correlate responses with each other. I'll report back here with any interesting trends that pop up.

I want to emphasize that it'll be helpful to get responses from both people who do and do not have fuel dilution issues. Please, even if you don't have fuel dilution, fill out the survey!

All answers are anonymous.

Survey can be found here:
https://www.survio.com/survey/d/L5M7Q9Z5D1A3I5D7E
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Okay...filled this out after verifying it is okay....I am a data point to throw out...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I filled it out but I'm not a cut an dry case one way or the other. I first checked the oil at around 1K an it was above the second hole an smelled of oil. Got it into the dealership an they looked at it, corrected the oil level an said they never heard of the problem. I checked it once a week an didn't notice an increase. Changed the oil at 3400 miles. I check it weekly now I haven't had much of an odor of fuel an no increase. Soooo either I had the problem an it went away with break in or the truck left the factory overfilled causing the symptom but I never actually had the problem.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
The tailgate damper question has me questioning the seriousness of the survey :rolleyes:

OP
OP
jsphlynch

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
The tailgate damper question has me questioning the seriousness of the survey :rolleyes:
It was something that got brought up in one of the threads (because of course it did), so I included it to add some lightheartedness to a survey I am indeed serious about.

OP
OP
jsphlynch

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Hi Folks,

Okay...filled this out after verifying it is okay....I am a data point to throw out...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
No, not a data point to throw out. A data point for the control group!
Sponsored