Fuel in oil

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
This is most likely my final oil analysis before my warranty expires. According to the Blackstone report, my oil dilution issue is at 2.3%, which is the best it has tested since my second oil change at 12k miles. The other good news is the oil analysis isn't showing signs of wear as evidence of the lack of elements in the oil.

Just to be safe, I will be purchasing an extended warranty before I reach 60k miles.
if you need that warranty its FAR more likely to be some of those cheap elsctronics that they are so fond of overcharging for!
BTW; if your Battery is original... do the reset now , before the truck decides to ruin it.
Sponsored

JustSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
if you need that warranty its FAR more likely to be some of those cheap elsctronics that they are so fond of overcharging for!
BTW; if your Battery is original... do the reset now , before the truck decides to ruin it.
Please explain

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
What does that mean? Reset what and how does the truck ruin it?

ccasanova22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT Tremor
I think he is referring to something about the BMS or charge state. Which may ruin the battery over time.

I think I am the only Ranger on here that consistently uses oil. But mine is a 100% highway truck, state to state driving, with 400 mile trips the norm and no city driving.

My Blackstone noted a little fuel dilution but they said “it’s nothing to worry about” so I believe it’s 100% normal.

Reactions: Doc

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does that mean? Reset what and how does the truck ruin it?
The computer keeps track of the install date and reduces the charge rate over time.
This must be reset when a new battery is installed.
Ostensibly, it is to preserve battery life by not overcharging as the battery ages.
Unfortunately this can become inadequate for short trips after a few years.
I replaced my battery at just over 3 years, only to learn of this issue afterward.
I then recharged the battery on the bench and it tests good and holds a charge well.
This is by far the shortest "battery life" on any new personal vehicle I have ever experienced.
I would do the reset procedure before I resorted to replacement, just to see if the low battery issue mitigates... If not be sure and do the reset on the new battery or the truck will "think" its still the old one.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The computer keeps track of the install date and reduces the charge rate over time.
Ostensibly, it is to preserve battery life by not overcharging as the battery ages.
I replaced my battery at just over 3 years, only to learn of this issue afterward.
I then recharged the battery on the bench and it tests good and holds a charge well.
This is by far the shortest "battery life" on any new personal vehicle I have ever experienced.
I would do the reset procedure before I resorted to replacement, just to see if the low battery issue mitigates... If not be sure and do the reset on the new battery or the truck will "think" its still the old one.
In my case, I believe my batteries failed...the last few days, I needed to jump start...last night I manually charged it to 100% but was again dead in the morning...it's lasted 110K miles so perhaps it's served it's purpose...

In another thread, I'm still trying to confirm weather 48 and 94 size are interchangeable? Autozone shows that a 94 is compatible with XLT...is this true?

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
How do I do the reset?

In another thread, I'm still trying to confirm weather 48 and 94 size are interchangeable? Autozone shows that a 94 is compatible with XLT...is this true?
When I was trying to figure this out for my XL, I had seen somewhere that the 94 is sort of compatible...to get it to physically fit there was a part that needed switched out; I don't recall exactly what but I think it may have been the battery tray?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my case, I believe my batteries failed...the last few days, I needed to jump start...last night I manually charged it to 100% but was again dead in the morning...it's lasted 110K miles so perhaps it's served it's purpose...

I replaced my smaller battery on my STX with the larger battery which is supplied with the XLT& Lariat. I chscked for compatibility and price with my Ford dealer. Turns out the Motorcraft Battery at my dealer was cheaper than my local AutoZone for an equivalent.
Dealer confirmed compatibility. the only thing was the battery blanket was a bit small, but the battery fit in the tray just fine.

Last edited:

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Just wanted to show you Kubota standards allow high levels of fuel in the oil and say its normal for their Sidekicks. Here's 2 analysis reports from my oil that are within their limits at concernable levels
1000001558.png
1000001557.png
Sponsored