Fricking dealer didn't do PDI properly...

krane

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS
39 all around here. I was surprised they did it right.
Sponsored

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
When I took delivery I asked my salesman where my SCab rear headrests were. He scratched his head, looked around, then found them still wrapped in plastic on the floor in the back seat.

That actually worked well for me as I didn't want them installed. After arriving home they promptly went into a garage storage cabinet and haven't seen daylight since.

2ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger
And this right here is why I rarely come on here. Been on forums my whole life but this one is a new kind of boring and pointless. Smh bitching about air in tires is a thread on here??? Really? Wooow
Come on man!!!! Its not just the air in the tires. Its whether they did the PDI.

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
And this right here is why I rarely come on here. Been on forums my whole life but this one is a new kind of boring and pointless. Smh bitching about air in tires is a thread on here??? Really? Wooow
100% same thinking from me. It was a great forum when I first bought the Ranger, but now that the honeymoon/exciting period is over and I've completed all my mods, this forum isn't nearly as intriguing. Can you imagine what people think of Ranger owners, in general, if they come to the forum for the first time to research the truck and they stumble on this thread?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
100% same thinking from me. It was a great forum when I first bought the Ranger, but now that the honeymoon/exciting period is over and I've completed all my mods, this forum isn't nearly as intriguing. Can you imagine what people think of Ranger owners, in general, if they come to the forum for the first time to research the truck and they stumble on this thread?
they'll probably go out and lower the air in their tires and be ecstatic about the better ride

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Sales department cleaned it up and put it on the lot or delivered it. I am betting a good number of trucks never see a real technician for a PDI. The greedy sales departments donā€™t want to pay the shop.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
My final thoughts on this issue and then I am out. When buying a new vehicle I expect the dealer to do more than remove the sticker on the window, run it through their automated wash and then toss me the keys. It should be set to specs including tire pressure and fluids. Like I said before my tires were over inflated and as I found out later the washer fluid almost empty. I think this thread was the only time I mentioned it because it really didn't bother me that much as it was an easy fix.

Is it a huge deal worth getting upset over? No. Is it easily fixed by me? Yes. Does it it excuse the dealer for not making sure everything is what it should be? No. I don't care if it is a kid working the PDI or an engineer. When you get handed the keys for a new car everything should be checked out. There have been enough reports of over inflated tires and empty washer fluid that it seems some Ford dealers just don't give a damn.

Maybe some of us have had bad luck. I do know that my Ranger was the only new vehicle I have bought where things like this was an issue. So it reflects poorly on Ford dealerships when things like this are frequently mentioned. Like I said in my first post in this thread. It is the little things.

Lastly, if you are not happy with delivery then you should certainly mention that when you get a survey from Ford and not just give 5 stars because you thought your dealer was nice. You are their product and trust me they don't go home and have their wife ask, "How as your day?" Then they respond, " This guy that bought a truck from me was so nice and friendly. He didn't even care if I made sure everything was to spec. I give him 5 stars."

Last edited:

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
My final thoughts on this issue and then I am out. When buying a new vehicle I expect the dealer to do more than remove the sticker on the window, run it through their automated wash and then toss me the keys. It should be set to specs including tire pressure and fluids. Like I said before my tires were over inflated and as I found out later the washer fluid almost empty. I think this thread was the only time I mentioned it because it really didn't bother me that much as it was an easy fix.

Is it a huge deal worth getting upset over? No. Is it easily fixed by me? Yes. Does it it excuse the dealer for not making sure everything is what it should be? No. I don't care if it is a kid working the PDI or an engineer. When you get handed the keys for a new car everything should be checked out. There have been enough reports of over inflated tires and empty washer fluid that it seems some Ford dealers just don't giving a damn.

Maybe some of us have had bad luck. I do know that my Ranger was the only new vehicle I have bought where things like this was an issue. So it reflects poorly on Ford dealerships when things like this are frequently mentioned. Like I said in my first post in this thread. It is the little things.

Lastly, if you are not happy with delivery then you should certainly mention that when you get a survey from Ford and not just give 5 stars because you thought your dealer was nice. You are their product and trust me they don't go home and have their wife ask, "How as your day?" Then they respond, "5 stars. This guy that bought a tuck from me was so nice and friendly."
Well said and I totally agree.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Glad we've dribbled up to 5 pages:

Caveat Emptor!!

That should always be your guide to buying anything. Happiness is the individual's responsibility.

Onward!:turkey:

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
This seems to be the most common condition by a huge margin. I suspect that dealers leave them way overinflated on the lot so they don't have to worry about airing them up, but there is little excuse for delivery in that condition. I had to argue with the service department, and ask to borrow a tire gauge, before they relented and deflated to 5 PSI over the door sticker numbers.
They actually argued with me when I called them out on mine. They were all over 50 psi, 50 to 55. The sales man claimed they were that high for winter conditions, I bought it on July 3rd?!..made no sense! I showed him the door sticker as well as ford pass app that calls out 30 psi..at that point he stopped spinning his b.s. and just got me a gauge from service so I could adjust myself before I left.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
They actually argued with me when I called them out on mine. They were all over 50 psi, 50 to 55. The sales man claimed they were that high for winter conditions, I bought it on July 3rd?!..made no sense! I showed him the door sticker as well as ford pass app that calls out 30 psi..at that point he stopped spinning his b.s. and just got me a gauge from service so I could adjust myself before I left.
Now this would rattle my corn flakes :mad:

Tfcurranjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired USAF pilot
Reminds of the time......I found out the Honda dealer put almost 6 quarts of oil into my brand new 2018 CRV 1.5 liter engineā€™s 3.7 quart oil pan. So, I guess some issues arenā€™t unique to Ford.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Frickin car weenies have moved into the truck area and have bumped the price up. And now "I want pink door lock buttons". :facepalm:

Tim H.

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4X4, 2016 Corvette Stingray
Occupation
REALTOR
Was going to post this the other day, but forgot.

Checked the cold tire pressures the morning after bringing it home, and found them all still in the mid-40s from shipment.
I have a 2020 4x4...My door sticker says 30psi. Thatā€™s the way it was delivered.

2FE117EC-6A93-4171-93D3-F88E498CBC16.jpeg
Sponsored