Tire shop can’t align my Ranger properly.

GitRDone

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT
Occupation
Real estate management
It’s hard to tell from this pic so let me know if I’m being to OCD.

this is how I have to hold the wheel on the freeway to go straight. It is not horribly off but just off enough to drive my ocd crazy.?
12F77E6B-64F8-4BB9-90CD-39A8F774855C.jpeg
The wheel doesn't look horribly off but with both hands on the wheel your brain thinks you are turning left. I would find that quite annoying.
Sponsored

jcru1017

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger FX2
Occupation
Student, Legal
I have 265/70/17 with 2.25” fox lift. Mine drives straight as narrow on the freeway at 70mph. I had my install done by Galphin Auto Sports. They took over west coast customs on pimp my ride. The do awesome work. Most of it is upgrading ford performance. Anyways, as others have said, go to a highly reputable shop. Not just a tire shop, but a shop that does lift kit installations and off road modifications.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I'll usually send over a pizza for them afterwards for helping me out. ?
Like most normal people, they prefer pizza over free dampers...

docarter

First Name
Dayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS; Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADA
I don't think anyone answered, but yeah larger tires and a lift will cause premature wear like the tie rod. However, tie rods are cheap, why not replace it to be safe and take it to a better shop?

Reactions: Doc

Fritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XL
Why would they do the alignment with a loose tie rod? Your tow is gonna be off.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
I have the same set up with a 2.5" level and 265/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. It can be aligned right just bring it to another shop who knows what they're doing . Here's my most recent alignment (Brakes Plus) which you can see the before and after.

IMG_4847.jpg
you must have a decent brakes plus, I gave up on one nearby after they agreed to but then totally ignored the alignment specs I provided them - and they were only slightly different from factory. Very agreeable polite customer interface skills but execution badly lacking.

OP
OP
SaberRanger

SaberRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I don't think anyone answered, but yeah larger tires and a lift will cause premature wear like the tie rod. However, tie rods are cheap, why not replace it to be safe and take it to a better shop?
I have an appointment with Ford to have it hopefully replaced, it should be under warranty.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
you must have a decent brakes plus, I gave up on one nearby after they agreed to but then totally ignored the alignment specs I provided them - and they were only slightly different from factory. Very agreeable polite customer interface skills but execution badly lacking.
One of my supply managers recommended them as he has a Jeep and has had them do a lot of work on it and was happy with it. The customer service is really bad out here so it was nice to find a place I could trust to do the job right and has great customer service.
Sponsored